Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Welcome back! I agree the Wonder Comics you mentioned are fantastic. So glad they're each getting 'second seasons.'

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Welcome back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And I'm back. Perhaps not as much as I usually am, but my vacation is done and my workload is relatively light until my new classes start in late August, so I should be able to post somewhat regularly again.

So, what'd I miss?

Wally West has a new solo mini? Great! ...but done by a creative team I have no interest. Crap. I'll check out the first issue and see if they can salvage this mess.

The Legion of the Super-Heroes is back? Awesome! ...but it's yet another reboot in which everyone has a bad haircut. Eesh. Welp, at least it's inextricably linked to the Superman franchise from the beginning this time.

Vertigo is dead? Wasn't it already, but everything about it been spun off into their own imprints like Sandman Universe, Young Animal, or to other indie publishers like what happened with Second Coming?

Wonder Comics gets renewed? This is fantastic news. Naomi, Dial H For Hero, & Wonder Twins have all been great, fun, optimistic comics that virtually everyone on this board has been ignoring in favor of complaining endlessly about the comics they hate. Read these instead!

Event Leviathan has turned out to be the actual mystery comic I thought Heroes in Crisis was supposed to be? Cool!

The Walmart exclusive comics are finally available in comic shops? And they're amazing? Christmas has come early!

Anything else I missed?
    I'm waiting for Naomi trade can't wait to read it. I also enjoyed the Walmart comics especially Bats and Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    And I'm back. Perhaps not as much as I usually am, but my vacation is done and my workload is relatively light until my new classes start in late August, so I should be able to post somewhat regularly again.

So, what'd I miss?

Wally West has a new solo mini? Great! ...but done by a creative team I have no interest. Crap. I'll check out the first issue and see if they can salvage this mess.

The Legion of the Super-Heroes is back? Awesome! ...but it's yet another reboot in which everyone has a bad haircut. Eesh. Welp, at least it's inextricably linked to the Superman franchise from the beginning this time.

Vertigo is dead? Wasn't it already, but everything about it been spun off into their own imprints like Sandman Universe, Young Animal, or to other indie publishers like what happened with Second Coming?

Wonder Comics gets renewed? This is fantastic news. Naomi, Dial H For Hero, & Wonder Twins have all been great, fun, optimistic comics that virtually everyone on this board has been ignoring in favor of complaining endlessly about the comics they hate. Read these instead!

Event Leviathan has turned out to be the actual mystery comic I thought Heroes in Crisis was supposed to be? Cool!

The Walmart exclusive comics are finally available in comic shops? And they're amazing? Christmas has come early!

Anything else I missed?
    The JSA is officially returning in the pages of September's Justice League In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "It's about damn time!"
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Dan Didio said something today that mad Wally West fans angry. You know, business as usual.

PS: New Legion haircuts are MUCH better than classic Legion haircuts.
    I don't want everyone looking like they're from the 1960s again, but having all of the dudes look like they're from the mid-80s punk band isn't a big improvement. On Garth it works, but giving Cos the exact same haircut strikes me as unimaginative. Granted, I am not a huge LSH devotee, so maybe the haircuts work and I am just not the target audience for them. Looking forward to whatever Bendis and Sook have cooking though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The JSA is officially returning in the pages of September's Justice League In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, "It's about damn time!"
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. Guess everyone had to wait until Doomsday Clock #10 came out to reintroduce the JSA & LSH to the DCU proper. Makes sense, I guess, given how many eyes are on that book. Wish it hadn't of taken so long, but I don't think letting long-running franchises take a break in limbo is necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, fans need to miss a concept for a time, otherwise they just take it for granted and the excitement fades.

Make sure you pick up Rucka's run of Lois Lane! Should be enough stuff in there to fill an entire civics class…
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])