Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

God, this freaking thread is so depressing.

This was also posted on Marvels site around Secret Wars.

I don't subscribe to the belief of "True Love" but I thought I'd supply some evidence to the contrary just to balance out what it clearly 1 person's opinion and not groupthink.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    God, this freaking thread is so depressing.

it's as if the combo of letters "m" and "j" are a red cloth waved by a matador. ole!

might be best to just disengage from the thread/board, mate. i'm out.
    Last edited by boots; 06-05-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This was also posted on Marvels site around Secret Wars.

I don't subscribe to the belief of "True Love" but I thought I'd supply some evidence to the contrary just to balance out what it clearly 1 person's opinion and not groupthink.
    Marvel's always been really inconsistent about MJ's role and relationship to Peter as far as branding and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel's always been really inconsistent about MJ's role and relationship to Peter as far as branding and marketing.
    I'd say that inconsistency, as well as Marvel's... sometimes rather extreme methods of getting MJ out of the picture, play a big role in why this has been so toxic.

Norah Winters is Peter's forever love, argument over
    close the thread, mod monkeys
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd say that inconsistency, as well as Marvel's... sometimes rather extreme methods of getting MJ out of the picture, play a big role in why this has been so toxic.
    I also have to wonder how this thread would be different if there was no Spider-Gwen or One more Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Norah Winters is Peter's forever love, argument over
    close the thread, mod monkeys
    Hey, where the hell is Norah? Brought her back, mentioned work . . . then nothing for what, close to a year?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I also have to wonder how this thread would be different if there was no Spider-Gwen or One more Day.
    I must repeat this again and again it seems since the creepy crew never quite get away.

1) Spider-Gwen is years younger than 616 Peter.

2) Spider-Gwen in her own universe (Earth-65) wasn't a love interest to the Peter of her universe.

3) If Spider-Gwen has had romantic tension with anyone, at least of the heterosexual variant, it's with Miles Morales, also years younger than Peter. That is also how she is seen in her appearance in ITSV.

4) She was conceived by writer Jason Latour and artist Robbi Rodriquez as an explicit challenge and inversion of her status as "the girl who died" and her co-creators have explicitly said they don't envision her as a love interest to Peter.

In other words, Spider-Gwen does not in any way raise Gwen's value as a love interest to Peter. Quite the opposite. The entire message of her story in the Spider-Verse is that the only Gwen who survives and gets agency is the one who never gets with Peter.

Guys Peter loved Gwen Stacey more than Mary Jane OK? but after she died Peter realized that he has more points in common with Mary Jane.
    But if Gwen survived that day Peter marry her of course because he doesn't need to know more about Mary Jane in that moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I must repeat this again and again it seems since the creepy crew never quite get away.

1) Spider-Gwen is years younger than 616 Peter.

2) Spider-Gwen in her own universe (Earth-65) wasn't a love interest to the Peter of her universe.

3) If Spider-Gwen has had romantic tension with anyone, at least of the heterosexual variant, it's with Miles Morales, also years younger than Peter. That is also how she is seen in her appearance in ITSV.

4) She was conceived by writer Jason Latour and artist Robbi Rodriquez as an explicit challenge and inversion of her status as "the girl who died" and her co-creators have explicitly said they don't envision her as a love interest to Peter.

In other words, Spider-Gwen does not in any way raise Gwen's value as a love interest to Peter. Quite the opposite. The entire message of her story in the Spider-Verse is that the only Gwen who survives and gets agency is the one who never gets with Peter.
    Yeah, I don't want them to be together either, I just don't know if there's a concern in the back of some people's minds that it may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Hey, where the hell is Norah? Brought her back, mentioned work . . . then nothing for what, close to a year?
    I think Spencer has plans for her! Sounds like after "Hunted" he's going to try and advance Peter's career a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    She was in #13 to save Jonah's life and is going to be important to the ongoing Jonah story. I shall now rank Peter's love interests in terms of who is the OTL.

Aunt May >>> Johnny Storm >>> Betty > Norah >>> Felicia = MJ >>> Pizza >>> Gwen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Cebulski said the original pages from #121, apparently. I don't know the exact artwork he was referring to.
    Okay. Guess I still don't understand where he's coming from, but okay.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aunt May >>> Johnny Storm >>> Betty > Norah >>> Felicia = MJ >>> Pizza >>> Gwen

I have checked the facts and while there seems to be an error in Gwen's placement and maybe swap Aunt May with Johnny Storm the rest of this is indeed 100% true
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«