Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Living lightning, firebird, and to be quite frank, Jean Grey. They could all defeat Doom if they wanted.
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

As far as Iron-Man goes, people seem to really underestimate how much it hurts to get hit by metal. A normal punch from him to anybody without invulnerability would easily break some bones.

BANNED

what happened to firebirds 'immortal' immortality? Is she still beyond death or has she died since the annual when the supposedly immortal Avengers died and She didn't?

Extraordinary Member

Thor, I always feel like losing his hammer shouldn't be that much of a big deal power-wise.
    I mean, papa Odin invested on that Elder God bloodline for a fucking reason.
    You are half of the primordial species that dominated the Earth as its first rulers.
    Does that mean anything all all other than getting some convenient but overall meh side powers?

Also most of the mystical deities/demons, Shuma-Gorath trapped by Mephisto and easily blinded by Stephen and his none-magical friends, Chthon doing Hydra's bidding for no apparent reasons, Loki posing as Vishanti with no consequence what so ever, Dormammu being Dormammu(well, I hope he doesn't get too much of a ridiculous beat down in the recent Galactus arc), all that, seriously?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-08-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    As far as Iron-Man goes, people seem to really underestimate how much it hurts to get hit by metal. A normal punch from him to anybody without invulnerability would easily break some bones.
    It’s probably because of the movie. At first Marvel was at least trying to be realistic. That’s why his first armors were comparatively underpowered. From then on, that became the power level associated with Iron Man.

I wouldn't say his early armors were underpowered at all. Look at fight with the terrorists with his first red-and-gold armor.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Part of Tony's genius is that he created an impervious, super strong exoskeleton with tactile sensors that allow him to hold something as delicate as a soap bubble between his fingers without popping it. My guess in most cases is that Stark is the reason why more people who get punched by Iron Man don't come away with shattered bones. Put someone like Frank Castle in War Machine armor and I'm betting we'd see fractures every issue.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It’s probably because of the movie. At first Marvel was at least trying to be realistic. That’s why his first armors were comparatively underpowered. From then on, that became the power level associated with Iron Man.
    I think generally speaking, in the MCU the more powerful characters (Hulk, Thor, Iron Man) seem a bet LESS powerful while the lower end metas (Captain America, Winter Soldier, Black Panther) seem to be more powerful. I think overall everyone is closer in power level to the point where everyone can SORT OF mix it up with everyone else. Which sort of makes things easier when you do stuff like Civil War.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I wouldn't say his early armors were underpowered at all. Look at fight with the terrorists with his first red-and-gold armor.
    If it were the comics, his suit wouldn’t have even been dented, especially against relatively normal opponents.

I feel like the Black Order have been toned down in power level post-Infinity.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Galactus is almost never written to his true power levels.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Part of Tony's genius is that he created an impervious, super strong exoskeleton with tactile sensors that allow him to hold something as delicate as a soap bubble between his fingers without popping it. My guess in most cases is that Stark is the reason why more people who get punched by Iron Man don't come away with shattered bones. Put someone like Frank Castle in War Machine armor and I'm betting we'd see fractures every issue.
    Great point. We've seen what Frank could do with the War Machine armor. Now imagine what the man who invented it could do?!?! That just goes to show the restraint Tony shows with his power and what kind of hero he is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Galactus is almost never written to his true power levels.
    didn't Galactus gained some huge amp recently???

I also think Namor gets this treatment as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Not necessarily. The MCU definitely played a role in the armor's depiction in the comics, but a lot of that had more to do with Ultimate Iron man than anything.
    In terms of durability the suits had always had been capable of showing damage, and it's just that we don't normally associate it with the older suits given we see it more extensive and common on the modern ones. It's associated with the MCU since the MCU is the one in the public consciousness doing it.
    The power level was also fairly consistent save for a few superman-like feats from the comics that your GA would say "what?". It's consistent with the comics if only less fantastical but that'd make sense given it was building off a then inconsistent power-set. Defining Iron man's power set was kind of vague outside some modern sciences and weapons and occasionally lasers. Not helped by the comics for a time (and then most successful incarnation) having a modular power-set.

But Iron man 2008 went through a few different iterations which explained the power disparity. War Machine was supposed to be in the film, Tony was supposed to make adjustments to his armor to take on Iron Monger. So instead of the Mark 3 (or the comics accurate Silver Centurion) it was going to be War Machine by way of Modular armor. The War Machine was also at one point going to be the Mark 4 and be the final suit or in one case in a Hall of armor at the end of the film. In either case Tony was supposed to be more powerful by film's end. It's just that Iron man had the production it did and they had to make due when things got cut.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.