Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    By the by I think Grimm could use an upgrade. Put him at Hercules level. That be enough to allow him to keep up while still being an underdog.
    I think you vastly underrate Heracles' strength. He is easily one of the strongest individuals in the entire Marvel Universe. Easily as strong as, if not stronger than, Thor, Sentry, Hulk (unless Hulk is psychotically rage boosted), Blue Marvel, Hyperion (old/new/King/whatever), the Forgotten One and other strength elites. I don't mind putting Ben in that category, but let's be clear that he would hardly be an underdog, if he was elevated to that level.

Then again, most of the other elites in that tier have energy manipulation abilities. So maybe Ben would be an underdog in that respect.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

By the by I think Grimm could use an upgrade. Put him at Hercules level. That be enough to allow him to keep up while still being an underdog.
    With Hercules level strength, you're really not the underdog unless you're facing god level or cosmic level opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think you vastly underrate Heracles' strength. He is easily one of the strongest individuals in the entire Marvel Universe. Easily as strong as, if not stronger than, Thor, Sentry, Hulk (unless Hulk is psychotically rage boosted), Blue Marvel, Hyperion (old/new/King/whatever), the Forgotten One and other strength elites. I don't mind putting Ben in that category, but let's be clear that he would hardly be an underdog, if he was elevated to that level.

Then again, most of the other elites in that tier have energy manipulation abilities. So maybe Ben would be an underdog in that respect.
    I think you're overrating Hercules. Dudes a smidge above Thor in raw strength, and a much better unarmed fighter when he gets serious.

Which is why even if Ben was as strong as Herc he'd still be the underdog. Much less skill.

I've never seen anything to suggest Hercules being in his own weight class, barring some temporary powerups and the like.

I think you're overrating Hercules. Dudes a smidge above Thor in raw strength, and a much better unarmed fighter when he gets serious.

Which is why even if Ben was as strong as Herc he'd still be the underdog. Much less skill.

I've never seen anything to suggest Hercules being in his own weight class, barring some temporary powerups and the like.
    I think Herc is just one of the individuals who isn't normally written to his true power level. I'm sure his collected wiki delineates quite a few feats where he's comfortably in that top tier class of the strongest individuals (the aforementioned Thor, Hulk, Sentry, etc., etc.).

I agree that Thing isn't the skilled fighter that some of the gods are, but he's a structured and well-versed brawler to be sure. He holds his own now, losing only when the strength advantage is clearly not in his favor.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Monica Rambeau.
    So much this.

Monica is actually insane, if written properly she could honestly be Silver Surfer level, but alas she doesn't get this level of respect often....

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think Herc is just one of the individuals who isn't normally written to his true power level. I'm sure his collected wiki delineates quite a few feats where he's comfortably in that top tier class of the strongest individuals (the aforementioned Thor, Hulk, Sentry, etc., etc.).

I agree that Thing isn't the skilled fighter that some of the gods are, but he's a structured and well-versed brawler to be sure. He holds his own now, losing only when the strength advantage is clearly not in his favor.
    THIS.

People forget a ton when i comes to Herc. They call him a demi-god. Even Marvel occasionally calls him a demi-god but in canon, the mortal part of Herc died and Zeus brought him up to Olympus as a full god...the god of physical strength.

He's often VASTLY underrated in strength and stamina. He's been said many times to hold back due to the times he accidentally killed people with his strength during his younger years. Sometimes they seem to have it and other times no. I remember at one point Marvel classified Hulk/Thor as Level 100 while Herc was deemed to be Incalculable.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Iron Man gets toned down to an astonishing degree when he's in any book but his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Looking at the sheer amount of things Tony can do or how to approach a problem and his best response (even in his own book) is just shooting a repulsor blast at it is frustrating. It's not a constant problem, but when you note black hole bombs, weapon melting on contact, and liquid metal coffins you'd think there would be some carryover.

Like that guy should be able to tank most people and just..doesn't.

That's not a knock against the character, but Tony not carrying over equipment or just forgetting about weapons and equipment does qualify him for being written out of power level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Iron Man in recent years.
    You guys are right. I'm glad others see it as well. When you look at all the things Tony has invented and used since he came out in 1963. It's unbelievably amazing. Only a small group of characters come close or have a better body of work. I like that Tony isn't BATGOD and pulls out wins he shouldn't, but their are times he should clearly win and doesn't.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-05-2019 at 11:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by soxtalon View Post
    THIS.

People forget a ton when i comes to Herc. They call him a demi-god. Even Marvel occasionally calls him a demi-god but in canon, the mortal part of Herc died and Zeus brought him up to Olympus as a full god...the god of physical strength.

He's often VASTLY underrated in strength and stamina. He's been said many times to hold back due to the times he accidentally killed people with his strength during his younger years. Sometimes they seem to have it and other times no. I remember at one point Marvel classified Hulk/Thor as Level 100 while Herc was deemed to be Incalculable.
    Yep, I think it's a Marvel thing. If you ask most readers about Hercules I wouldn't be at all surprised if most consider him strong, but not really top tier strong. Herc usually takes a back seat to Thor because of the love fest/ pet fest that Marvel has for the Asgardians. It's a good thing Shazam/Captain Marvel isn't a Marvel character. Having the strength of Hercules wouldn't mean much in the MU according to some, even though at DC it puts him in Superman's class easily. Fawcett and DC got it right. The Prince of Power should be one of the names that automatically comes up when listing the top 5-6 strongest heroes around.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-06-2019 at 09:09 AM.

~James Baldwin

Ben should 100% be on the level of the big heavy hitters like he used to be.

The FF face cosmic beings all the time, and most of the enemies that aren't cosmic use other methods to be dangerous so he'd still be the underdog.

It looks like Slott is positioning him back into that category seeing as he recently tanked a blast from Galactus, and will be fighting the Immortal Hulk. But we'll have to wait and see.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I think Storm, Rachel, Dazzler, and Psylocke are often written down to fit a team book setting vs being written to their actual power level.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I mean The Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange should be nigh unbeatable. Most Eternals, Black Bolt (especially in the past ten to fifteen years), Exodus after Bloodties...

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    I mean The Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange should be nigh unbeatable. Most Eternals, Black Bolt (especially in the past ten to fifteen years), Exodus after Bloodties...
    I was going to say Dr. Strange as well. They are always taking away his powers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Crystal. She controls all 4 elements in any combination. She's basically the Avatar of the MU and should be every bit as powerful as Storm but isn't shown that way at all.

QUOTE=danielsan52;4391423]Spider-Woman (Drew) - She can easily take down Wolverine. Has had Hydra and Shield training. Immune to poison and radiation. Pheromone control to elicit fear, pleasure, or hate in others. Venom blast which can be fatal. Spider's Bite which causes extreme pain.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% She also has super human hearing. It was also implied she was an Empath in Ales Kots Secret Avengers and no one has run with that
    Last edited by Seren; 06-07-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I agree. I understand Vibranium is Vibranium, and didn't have a problem with Black Panther stabbing him with a vinro knife in Hickmans New Avengers run, but the beating Black Panther gave Namor some issues earlier, I thought was stupid. Mark Miller did a GREAT run of Ultimate Fantastic Four from the Ultimate Marvel comics, and he really really made Namor the power house that Namor has always supposed to be. I thought he put Namor on that Superman level that some many Namor fans have said that he's supposed to be. In fact, he was never beaten. We convinced to stop fighting.

I agree. Dr. Strange tho should be able to be beaten by speed tho. Being able to move quicker then thought should have it's advantages. Silver Surfer tho. His invulnerability, and his strength level are already enough to make him formidable against any character, but the proven science outside of fictional comics about speed and kinetic force from speed. The whole, throwing a penny at someones head from 5 feet away, but if your drop a penny from the top of the Empire State Building and it should pass right thru someone? And characters like Zoom and the Flash having crazy punch power because of speed, that when you take a character like Silver Surfer and HIS speed hitting ANYONE when he has a superman level of strength, that should create a BIG BANG. To get an idea of just how fast Silver Surfer is, in Infinity Gauntlet, He and Adam Warlock are watching Thanos battle the Heroes from like 60 light years away so Thanos can't see them, and in split, at one moment when Thanos raises his fist to his Captain America, Adam Warlock has Silver Surfer take off and try to grab the gauntlet. I might be wrong and it's more like 6 light years away, but still. If Silver Surfer can travel oh...only six measly light years in a second?.......