Thread: Stargirl 2020

Default Stargirl 2020

After getting excited about next years Stargirl on the back of another awesome pilot (Swamp Thing) I started looking into the plans.

Maybe its just me but I find some of the casting choices a little off.

A comedian like Joel Mchale for Syl pemberton feelsnoff. I suppose there's always the argument of what Micheal Keaton did for Batman (which was awesome)

I find myself looking at Lou Ferrigno chosen to play Rex Tyler/Hourman and it screaming at me "pefect freaking Ted Grant/Wildcat". I still remember Hulk so yeah he can play the strongman but he just has the build of a former world champion boxer and has a chin that says It can take a punch or 4.

Not sold on Henry Thomas as Dr Midnight either.

The one I really cant get my head around is Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan.

What thoughts does anyone else have on this casting?

You either meant to say Starfire or Stargirl in the title I'm guessing, but if not Starfirl is my new favorite superhero name.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    After getting excited about next years Stargirl on the back of another awesome pilot (Swamp Thing) I started looking into the plans.

Maybe its just me but I find some of the casting choices a little off.

A comedian like Joel Mchale for Syl pemberton feelsnoff. I suppose there's always the argument of what Micheal Keaton did for Batman (which was awesome)

I find myself looking at Lou Ferrigno chosen to play Rex Tyler/Hourman and it screaming at me "pefect freaking Ted Grant/Wildcat". I still remember Hulk so yeah he can play the strongman but he just has the build of a former world champion boxer and has a chin that says It can take a punch or 4.

Not sold on Henry Thomas as Dr Midnight either.

The one I really cant get my head around is Luke Wilson as Pat Dugan.

What thoughts does anyone else have on this casting?
    I like Joel McHale and Luke Wilson...that's about all I got for this. Wish it the best

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You either meant to say Starfire or Stargirl in the title I'm guessing, but if not Starfirl is my new favorite superhero name.
    Yeah I meant Stargirl. Fat thumbs on a phone.
    I hope it will be good, old JSA fan from way back.
    Its just I picture somenof the roles they've played and cant see that lining up with the characters. Except the guy cast as Wildcat, cant picture him as anything.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Seeing so many JSA members as supporting cast made me think why isn't it a JSA show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Seeing so many JSA members as supporting cast made me think why isn't it a JSA show.
    Probably the same reason Stargirl was the crux of introducing JSA in smallville. Johns had a producing hand in that as well I beleive.

Courtney really is his fav character. He does for her what Simone does for Catman

Though honestly no reason they couldnt. The repeat support characters they've chosen wouldnt need excessive effects. At least not like a more conventional line up would. Then again that might be why also
    Last edited by beatboks; 06-04-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The show will air on the CW a day after it airs on DC Universe
    https://deadline.com/2019/11/stargir...al-1202792227/

The show will air on the CW a day after it airs on DC Universe
    https://deadline.com/2019/11/stargir...al-1202792227/
    I guess "DC Universe Exclusive" doesn't mean much anymore .

Retired

It seems to me that CW would want to air the show first, before it ends up on DC Universe, since they depend on ad revenue. If the normals have a chance to watch the show on streaming first, then they won't come to CW to see the show when it airs in its slot and their ratings will be down. Maybe there's a financing deal where CW gets the show virtually for free, so they don't need a lot of ad revenue to justify carrying it. But I'd say broadcasting it first on CW before streaming would work out best for everyone.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I believe it's meant to spin-off a JSA show eventually. One of the reasons I hope it does well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I believe it's meant to spin-off a JSA show eventually. One of the reasons I hope it does well.
    Or build up to it as Courtney meets all the new JSA legacies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess "DC Universe Exclusive" doesn't mean much anymore .
    It means as much as Black Lightning being an "Original Netflix Series"

Retired

If Geoff Johns gets his way, there will be a Stargirl in every universe. Stargirl on SMALLVILLE in the Tom Welling universe, Stargirl meeting the Legends of Tomorrow in the Arrowverse, another Stargirl on the CW's COIE and on DC Universe, Stargirl in the Black Adam movie universe, Stargirl in the Justice League Unlimited animated universe, Stargirl in the Young Justice animated universe.

Personally, I wish they had stuck with the Star-Spangled Kid name. But maybe, if they had, then they'd have to give Jerry Siegel some credit given he created the original SSK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Geoff Johns gets his way, there will be a Stargirl in every universe. Stargirl on SMALLVILLE in the Tom Welling universe, Stargirl meeting the Legends of Tomorrow in the Arrowverse, another Stargirl on the CW's COIE and on DC Universe, Stargirl in the Black Adam movie universe, Stargirl in the Justice League Unlimited animated universe, Stargirl in the Young Justice animated universe.
    Don't forget about Justice League Action Stargirl .