Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Next Wolverine actor?

Wolverine was supposed to be Canadian of Japanese descent but Hugh Jackman's casting in the Fox movies appears to have permanently blurred this perception among movie-goers (heck, some X-Men artist draw him Jackman-style/size). Nowadays, Hollywood seems more sensitive to white-washing non-caucasian roles but when it comes to rumors on the new Wolverine actor candidates, there's not a single asian actor among them. Just trying to get folks' opinion here so please keep it civil

I would love Keanu as Wolverine but he will be too old(

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

"...of Japanese descent..."

That's a new one on me. Yeah, he was tied into the Japanese via his relationship with Mariko Yashida, but I've always thought he was 100% Canadian.

Wolverine was born in Cold Lake, Alberta with the name James Howlett. It's a place that's not exactly Asian-central . . .

Are you confusing his parentage with Daken?

When has Logan ever been Japanese? He only wishes he was.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I have so many questions...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Wolverine was supposed to be Canadian of Japanese descent but Hugh Jackman's casting in the Fox movies appears to have permanently blurred this perception among movie-goers (heck, some X-Men artist draw him Jackman-style/size). Nowadays, Hollywood seems more sensitive to white-washing non-caucasian roles but when it comes to rumors on the new Wolverine actor candidates, there's not a single asian actor among them. Just trying to get folks' opinion here so please keep it civil
    Where was it stated that was where the producers and directors wanted an Asian Wolverine at the start of the X-Men movies? Only one actor out of the 13 (other than Hugh) have Asian heritage and that's Keanu. Everyone else they had considered for the role, including Dougray Scott who was cast as Wolverine but had to back out due to prolonged filming for Mission Impossible 2, were white. I don't see how you could consider this a case of white-washing if the character has always been white. If you're thinking of Daken, then sure it would be white-washing.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Wolverine be a POC but I think his ethnicity is ingrained too deep in comics and culture for there not to be a backlash, worse than Johnny Storm.

Also, I NEED TARON TO BE WOLVERINE OK THANKS BYE

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Honestly, people are making fun that he's going to be Batman, but he has made a career of being dark and broody, a tortured soul with a dark side even. Glitter aside, I think people will love him in that role.

I seem to remember that people did spit takes that Logan was going to be a played by a handsome clean cut musical theater guy with little muscle mass and look what happened there.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly, people are making fun that he's going to be Batman, but he has made a career of being dark and broody, a tortured soul with a dark side even. Glitter aside, I think people will love him in that role.

I seem to remember that people did spit takes that Logan was going to be a played by a handsome clean cut musical theater guy with little muscle mass and look what happened there.
    I could see him as Batman. But I don't think of him as a serious physical actor, so I wouldn't see him in that way for Logan. But for Bruce, totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Wolverine never should look like a teen. Egertoon can be a teen Cyke.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Sorry but Japanese decent was never part of Wolverine’s story on panel or behind the scenes. Unless I’m missing a huge reveal very recently.

BANNED

I wonder if a young adult Laura could be cast as a wolverine once it reboots as there is a rumour of young Avengers being included in the next phase of MCU with Hawkeyes daughter Tony's daughter and monica( though I think she would have passed the teenage phase by now) from being the next generation of heroes. she could take a spot in that team echoing another new avengers development.

BANNED

he probably thinks so cuz of cebulski incident.