View Poll Results: Are you excited for Dark Phoenix?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 35.19%
  • No

70 64.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I'm not excited, but I'll definitely go see it. If nothing else than to see this awful version of Mystique die.

LOL.
    Touché.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Very!

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think dark Phoenix is going to be some financial or critical darling. But later trailers have shown they are staying fairly true to the Phoenix origin, and that seems a good start. I think the second half will likely be a mess, but it’s the last main Fox-men movie so I’m here for the ride.

There’s plenty of room for improvement in the Fox-men but I’m Pretty easy to please-give me some good fight scenes and I’ll be entertained enough.
    Thank you for your positivity!

I'm definitely going to see it. It looks like it will be an amazing train wreck! Pretty much every mistake in X3 only this time there is a space shuttle too!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I recommend keeping expectation as low as possible and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Not really. Fox has been supbar for most of the X-men films and Apocalypse didnt inspire much confidence

Not really. Not only have I hated the concept of the franchise being stuck in prequel land for the past 4 movies but we’re once again bowing out on the note of Dark Phoenix. And all that isn’t even taking into account that none of this even matters considering this is the end of the line anyway. It feels less like a send off and more like someone finally pulling the plug on this zombie universe where Deadpool came to be the best thing of it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I recommend keeping expectation as low as possible and you may be pleasantly surprised.
    This is the best idea, for any movie really.

Astonishing Member

Yes because the spoilers I read in 4 chan make it look like a fun well designed action movie. I don't care about it not being true to the comics or anything about shipping

I am excited to see this because it allows me to go to the cinema and see the characters I love. I may not be IN LOVE with what Fox has done with these characters, but it still offers me some level of escapism.

While they have never been true to the comic book stories, and as someone else mentioned, focused FAR too much on CELEBRITY status vs CHARACTER popularity...I have liked the tone of these movies.

As I was talking with a friend about the films. I mentioned how this potentially could have gone over better if:

Jennifer Lawrence was cast as Jean Grey in First Class instead of Mystique.
    Nicholas Hoult was cast as Scott Summers in First Class instead of Beast.

That way getting here, to Dark Phoenix, we would have had time with Jean Grey to really feel the emotional depth of the character's change. (Also, Sophie would have made a great Emma Frost....even though I'm really excited to see her play the Dark Side of Jean).
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

god can you believe the "and that's the tea" woman ended up in x-men as not emma frost
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The best I can muster for an X-film as a Cyclops fan is cautiously optimistic. After the important scenes in Alocalypse were left on the cutting room floor for more Magneto/Xavier waangst and a Wolverine cameo I'm still having trouble managing anything more than guarded pessimism to be honest. I want to see them finally do right by Scott and Jean, and the relationship between them, but all I have to go on is the rapport between the actors playing them as I see in the promo blitz, and that looked good even in the last film. Then the idiots in edits stepped in.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm optimistic, I liked what I've seen in trailers anyway. If it's playing at the theatre I live near by I'll probably find the time to watch it.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I have always supported all X-Men movies. Huge fan of DOFP and Deadpool but after Apocalypse that was terrible I don't want any of this anymore. Tired of Magneto and Mystique.
    I hope it will be good but I won't watch it and I am not excited for it.

I honestly haven't enjoyed any of the "First Class" X-films outside of Days. So I'm skipping this unless I have a friend who REALLY wants to see a movie this weekend (we already saw Godzilla). I'll happily watch on a plane or on cable tv, but I have no desire seeing this cast together again on a big screen.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very excited for it, I've already booked my tickets for Thursday night as my friends couldn't do Wednesday (it's coming out on the 5th here in the UK). Regardless of any misgivings I might have on the direction (or lack thereof) the mutants have had on the screen for the past 20 years, an X-Men movie is still THE highlight of the year in my book.