Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    He tries to sell Bane as an omniscient mastermind, like a bad B-movies villain of the 90's. The "Skeet" part was the most convoluted: so, he reprogrammed Skeet, a 25th AI, to influence Booster Gold and totally rewrite reality, because hey ! He is Bane.
    And because he is Bane, he knows that Booster Good, who was characterized by Tom King as a complet moron, will magically save the day at the end.

And why this dangerous and cosmic-altering event was made in motion ? Because he is Bane ! and he knows that Booster will tell to Batman and Catwoman what he did, and that this conversation (with no real proofs) will make Catwoman change her mind about her future wedding. Wow.
    The stuff in here about planning for them to get engaged and for Catwoman to leave him is really stretching disbelief. He had to just know somehow that Batman would propose to her just from them teaming up again, even though they've known each other for years and it hadn't happened. How could he possibly KNOW that Batman would propose? And that Selina would leave him just from what the Joker and Holly said to her? I mean, they could have easily just talked to each other about this and worked it out, and then the plan is shot to hell. Or they could have run off and gotten married before the Joker and Holly managed to say anything to her.

It's not a very foolproof plan.

It's a downright idiotic plan. Almost as ridiculous as Joker orchestrating every major event in Jason Todd's life, right down to his conception. The fact that both of those unnecessarily convoluted plans actually worked is almost infuriating XD

Not going to lie I really want this to be resolved and hopefully, both Bat Dad and Bane get torn asunder in such a way that leaves them with the realization that you do not **** with the Bat and Cat.

BANNED

magick: I totally wrecked my friend and brothers wedding and broke up the marriage of the year.
    Holly: Hold my wine as I go about breaking the wedding of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    He tries to sell Bane as an omniscient mastermind, like a bad B-movies villain of the 90's. The "Skeet" part was the most convoluted: so, he reprogrammed Skeet, a 25th AI, to influence Booster Gold and totally rewrite reality, because hey ! He is Bane.
    And because he is Bane, he knows that Booster Good, who was characterized by Tom King as a complet moron, will magically save the day at the end.

And why this dangerous and cosmic-altering event was made in motion ? Because he is Bane ! and he knows that Booster will tell to Batman and Catwoman what he did, and that this conversation (with no real proofs) will make Catwoman change her mind about her future wedding. Wow.
    Bane's plan is quite cool to start with (in my opinion). I can just about believe that he'd be able to manipulate Batman into giving things a real shot with Catwoman; making him face his mortality, then engineering a Bat/Cat teamup before feeding Bat some big wins to relax him.

From there, it's pretty easy to believe that the pair could be manipulated into splitting up too, purely through a few well-placed suggestions from Holly/Joker/any number of characters. And hey presto, Bat's depressed. Well done, Bane.

But that's it. Pretty much everything else about this master plan has been ridiculous to the point that I'm not reading the issues as they come out at the moment because the standalone issues just demand too much suspension of disbelief.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Bane (and Talia's) plan in The Dark Knight Rises was also pretty stupid. I think people are just tied way up in making Bane this matser tactician.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Bane (and Talia's) plan in The Dark Knight Rises was also pretty stupid. I think people are just tied way up in making Bane this matser tactician.
    But "The Dark Knight Rises" has imo the by far weakest plot of the Nolan Films.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But "The Dark Knight Rises" has imo the by far weakest plot of the Nolan Films.
    Don't disagree it is one of the dumbest CBM films in recent memory. Avengers Endgame's plot contrivances have nothing on TDKR!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well it's how he was introduced in Knightfall... being a master tactician is his core, just as tricks are to Joker. And focusing on the other aspects of Bane -- as a steroid junkie or luchador mask aficionado isn't quite as strong a foundation to build a story upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Almost as ridiculous as Joker orchestrating every major event in Jason Todd's life, right down to his conception.
    Wait, that happened?!?
    I haven't been reading DC for a while, but I check in occasionally. Is that a true story that happened?
    Plz say no

The more King's run goes on, the more I wish I hadn't invested in his run for so long. I wish I could just stop now but since there's only from here to #85 left I gotta just plow through and see how this thing ends up. Glad he isn't going to #100 now tbh - he should have done his arc in 50 issues really if we are being completely honest, I mean it isn't like he has a lot to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Wait, that happened?!?
    I haven't been reading DC for a while, but I check in occasionally. Is that a true story that happened?
    Plz say no
    That's my understanding of the matter. The Joker even faked his mother's death.