Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default What would you want to see in a reboot?

Let's say there is a reboot/retcon coming. What kind of things would you like to see changed? What would you like them to keep?
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Let's say there is a reboot/retcon coming. What kind of things would you like to see changed? What would you like them to keep?
    Swamp Thing and Abby together and happily married. Ditch the "Avatar of the Rot" thing too.

Wonder Woman was created from clay. That's a great origin. None of this "child of you-know-who" *****.

For Aquaman keep everything up to the Sink Atlantis arc. I'm not sure about anything beyond that.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Welcome back the DC multiverse and infinite earths.
    I'd like see DC embrace it's legacy characters, not sweep them under the carpet or fridge them.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Erase everything Andreyko, Tynion, and Bennett did with Batwoman.

Boisterously Confused

Donna Troy is an orphan Wonder Woman rescued, grows up on Paradise Island as an Amazon, and becomes a delightful (although powerful) person.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman enjoy a committed relationship, and have a comprehensible backstory.

Astonishing Member

Damien never happened. Dick was never Ric. Tim is The Robin. Otherwise just reset to pre new 52/ flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

Hard Reboot.

JSA earths. JLA earths. (That's what we are here to read.)

CSA earths are all "fear/nightmare" earths.

On JLA earth, Teen Titans: Robin (Richard Grayson), Wonder Girl (Donna), Garth, Kid Flash (Wally), Speedy (Roy) and etcetera.

Batman family: Alfred, Bruce, Richard, Barbara and Kate (new).

Simpler universe. Stories: Hero(ine) versus the Villain(ess) of the week.

More recent elements of the mythology will be added in over time.

Heavily, heavily planned out!

Lots of detailed work before the first issue of the first comic is printed.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-27-2019 at 05:35 AM.

nothing, I don't wanna see a reboot anytime soon and if they reboot, it should be new ideas none of this "reset it to what I liked x amount of years ago" nonsense.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

I think it would be really neat if every issue had a little piece of a code and when you put it together it's a huge mathematical equation that solves string theory and with it you could open a portal to a parallel universe where there was never any sort of reboot and all the fans can live in this paradise while DC on the prime earth doesn't have to listen to anyone complain about their antics anymore. it's a win win

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I think it would be really neat if every issue had a little piece of a code and when you put it together it's a huge mathematical equation that solves string theory and with it you could open a portal to a parallel universe where there was never any sort of reboot and all the fans can live in this paradise while DC on the prime earth doesn't have to listen to anyone complain about their antics anymore. it's a win win
    You can find the answer to the anti-life equation subtly coded subliminally in dc comics. All you have to do is read All Star Batman and Robin, Heroes in Crisis, Cry for Justice, Superman at earth’s end and Rise of Arsenal really really carefully.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    You can find the answer to the anti-life equation subtly coded subliminally in dc comics. All you have to do is read All Star Batman and Robin, Heroes in Crisis, Cry for Justice, Superman at earth’s end and Rise of Arsenal really really carefully.
    Hahahaha and they're adding more of it as they go on!!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Add Lex 2000 to that.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Mighty Member

Very easy:

Go back to Pre-Flashpoint and only keep Crush,Teen Lantern,Damian and the YOUNG Jonathan Samuel Kent as new characters...

Bring Martha and Jonathan Kent back, Arsenal with Lian, Red Tornado with Traya.....

Tim,Cassie,Conner,Bart.... are the TT and they are 22-25 years old...moved in another town and Cassie/Conner and Tim/Steph are preparing their marriage...

Wally and Barry are the flash...

So Simply just one year after Conners Resurrection and bring Jonathan Kent back and keep Crush,Teen Lantern and YOUNG Samuel Kent...

BANNED

Superman never had a child, and he isn't married to Lois. His earth parents are alive.

Dick Grayson is Robin. It probably would be a good idea to call him Richard. All other versions don't exist in main continuity.

The Teen Titans are the characters everyone knows from the cartoons, and with designs similar to the cartoon designs.

The only Earth Green Lanterns are Hal and John. Guy starts out as a GL but eventually breaks away and wears a leather jacket and uses a yellow power ring. Kyle would also exist as some other form of Lantern. All others just wouldn't exist.

I wouldn't even attempt this unless I was quite confident I could break into new markets. Otherwise, I would just have keyboard warriors whining at me about how I wiped out the most obscure, redundant, and unloved characters, like Simon Baz, and I'd end up having nothing to show for it except for a lot of grief.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-27-2019 at 02:37 AM.