Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Cyborg. Well, at least bringing his history as a Teen Titan back.
    That's already happened in Rebirth and it sucks since I like Cyborg as a founder.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That's got to be the most embarrassing story in comics
    How about Black Vulcan? "Great Lightning!"
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

There are really a lot of them, they've messed with so much. Wonder Woman, not the bondage stuff etc, but she's had so many origins. I'd go back to the clay origin. It's more unique then being one of many kids of that horny Zeus.

Tim Drake. He originally was the level headed Robin who was not marred by tragedity. Then Identity Crisis came and he's been the one most like Bruce every since. Took away what as unique about him. He was a geek who was also Robin, had a very every man sense to him.

Cyborg I would take him back to his origins, none of this Mother Box non-sense, and he was a NTT.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That's got to be the most embarrassing story in comics
    That it is. Some characters' "roots" aren't all that glamorous nor should they be returned to even if they could.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    There are really a lot of them, they've messed with so much. Wonder Woman, not the bondage stuff etc, but she's had so many origins. I'd go back to the clay origin. It's more unique then being one of many kids of that horny Zeus.

Tim Drake. He originally was the level headed Robin who was not marred by tragedity. Then Identity Crisis came and he's been the one most like Bruce every since. Took away what as unique about him. He was a geek who was also Robin, had a very every man sense to him.

Cyborg I would take him back to his origins, none of this Mother Box non-sense, and he was a NTT.
    I agree with pretty much all of this, but especially on the clay origin.

The most we've gotten out of the Zeuss daddy origin is Jason, and the less said about that the better.

Donna Troy.

Adopted Amazon and sister to Diana.
    My God, that's all she ever needed to be. Stop overcomplicating stuff DC.

Born from a boiling vat of goo to destroy the amazons? No thanks.
    Taken off-planet to train with the Titans of myth? No thanks.
    Lived multiple lives so she could be miserable? No thanks.
    Magically created avatar twin of Diana stolen by Dark Angel, in turn a multiversal twin of Donna? Umm, no thanks.

ADOPTED. AMAZON. Done.

Batman. The "Bat God" bullshit needs to go.

Batman would be my second pick. But Superman needs it more. Cosmic Batman stuff, while not my cup of tea at all, never hurt the character. If anything it can be argued it made him even more popular. The vast majority of the past 25 years lacking such for Superman, on the other hand, as well as being mostly dedicated to making him as vanilla and normal as can be, has.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It's gotta be Hawkman, although I'm content with things as they're set up now. I still maintain, though, that if we could go back and undo the damage done by incorporating Hawkworld into present continuity, the characters--both Katar, Carter, and their respective fairer counterparts--would be much, much better off.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Donna Troy.

Adopted Amazon and sister to Diana.
    My God, that's all she ever needed to be. Stop overcomplicating stuff DC.

Born from a boiling vat of goo to destroy the amazons? No thanks.
    Taken off-planet to train with the Titans of myth? No thanks.
    Lived multiple lives so she could be miserable? No thanks.
    Magically created avatar twin of Diana stolen by Dark Angel, in turn a multiversal twin of Donna? Umm, no thanks.

ADOPTED. AMAZON. Done.
    Yup, Yeah and Yes

Boisterously Confused

Reading the comments, I'm ripped to shreds between Superman, Hawkman, and Wonder Girl.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd like to see Barry Allen return.
    Y'know the character that appeared in the Flash comic book from #105 - #350.
    I know who they say the current Flash is, but he sure doesn't read like the Barry Allen I remember.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have to agree with Batman and Robin. Batman in the Justice League is fine, but he shouldn't be having Justice League scale adventures in his solo titles, he should be fighting criminals in Gotham (and they shouldn't all be psychopaths - and neither should Batman for that matter). The first season of Batman: The Animated Series got it right.

Robin was at his best when he was Dick Grayson and Dick Grayson was at his best when he was Robin. It was a mistake to age him up to college, and then have a succession of replacement Robins. Robin should be a character, not a job title.
    This times a thousand. Robin the boy wonder is a house hold name. To be able to do what he does, should be a one in a million type of thing. Now they’ve made the Robin name so less special. They really should of kept Dick Grayson as Robin as a teen and just built off of that.

Astonishing Member

Aquaman. As much as I love the Atlantean mythos, I wouldn't mind a return to the early years when his being 'King of the Seven Seas' was more an honorary title than a real one. Let Arthur go back to being this aquatic hero who wanders the seas stopping any and all crime, piracy and warfare in the water. He isn't formally the king of Atlantis. He has no real fixed home or base, just a bunch of places all over the world where he occasionally relaxes. He's basically a vigilante, albeit one who patrols the oceans of the world rather than a particular city. Kinda like how Momoa's Aquaman was in the first half-hour or so of the movie. You can still have him interact with Atlantean characters, and maybe have Mera be the Queen of Atlantis. But let Aquaman be a free agent.

Batman as well. I think there should be at least one book which depicts a Batman who's not a superhero or 'ultimate human' but just a vigilante fighting crime and the occasional costumed villain in Gotham, solving mysteries, and generally being a noble and heroic figure, albeit one cloaked in the dark. BTAS is IMO the perfect model for how the character should be.

Incredible Member

Easy - Batman.

Though "roots" is relative.

Not talking his first appearances but the era of the Venom, Long Halloween and Ten Nights of the Beast etc storylines.