Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default It's been 3 years since rebirth...

How do you feel DC has done ever since the relaunch of rebirth,what changes did you like and dislike and would you change anything like a different direction or different titles for any character?
    Last edited by LP22; 06-04-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Incredible Member

- I liked the Rebirth plan leading up to DDC
    -Definitely liked that everyone stopped being a dick to each other

-I wouldn't have destroyed the Fab 5
    -Wouldn't have brought back the trunks for Bats/Supes

I think Rebirth had a lot of positive momentum and good ideas at the inception that all got bungled by flawed execution and DC editorial shifts.

Astonishing Member

The people in charge of New 52 back in control probably was a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    How do you feel DC has done ever since the lunch of rebirth,what changes did you like and dislike and would you change anything like a different direction or different titles for any character?
    Did you know that DC stop labelling the titles "Rebirth".
    I thing since "No Justice", DC is wrapping up it's current runs and trying to have again a somewhat fresh start with new titles and writting teams.

Like all there was good and there was bad.
    The big miss of the New52 was Superman and Actions Comics. Well in Rebirth they are amazing.
    Batman and comics should be some of DC's greatest titles, well since New52 they haven't been real good. Rebirth didn't change much.
    The Justice League title, which should also be great, is not very good in the New52.
    Flash was a bit disapointing in the New52 and is doing very good in Rebirth.
    Aquaman was exellent in New52 and still is.
    Wonder Woman and Green Arrow I don't read much.
    The Green Lantern had too many crossovers during the New52. I find the Green Lantern title so so, but the Hal Jordan title is marvelous.
    I also liked DC's new titles such as New Superman, or Supersons. I disapointed that they're over.
    Harley Quinn and Suicid Squad are still has bad as the New52. Very disapointing.
    As for Nightwing the title is still as good.
    Batman: White Knight was a very good mini-serie.
    Batman/The Flash was totally pointless.
    Dark Nights: Metal is a big miss.
    I haven't read Doomsday and Heroes in Crisis yet. But so far the DC Rebirth Events are not very good quality.
    Justice League Dark (2019) starts out very good, much better than the New52 one.
    As for the other series, I haven't read, so I can't tell.

Mainly the Rebirth series are not that bad.
    For Aquaman or Hal Jardan, it's almost the best I've read.
    I also find Superman/Action Comics very hight quality.

Rebirth had a lot of good momentum going for it (barring Justice League, which was a big miss through most of Rebirth). And for a couple of years, I was enjoying most series that came out.

Then the big shift came, and the number of titles I enjoyed and followed quickly began vanishing. Now I'm down to a handful. And still shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    How do you feel DC has done ever since the lunch of rebirth,what changes did you like and dislike and would you change anything like a different direction or different titles for any character?
    Was "lunch of Rebirth" a typo or intentional?

'Cause these days, what Rebirth has become has pretty much given me indigestion.

The over-all plot of the missing time has been drawn out too long and not given enough focus, I think. We've had years of vague hints and teases, but it wasn't until what, last week, that we actually started finding out exactly what happened and why and how. Three years is way too long for a purposefully messed up continuity or for that continuity's problems to be danced around with teases of "Oh, something happened but we wont tell you what!" It was an interesting idea, exploring a DCU stuck in the middle of one of those "Crisis panel shows time being ripped apart" moments. But the experiment should have ended a year ago.

Didnt care for the return of Superman or Batman's trunks. I just think its a major misstep as far as marketing goes.

Basically everything that has been done with the original Titans cast should be undone and forgotten.

Whatever happened behind the scenes, when the shift in authority hit those in power shouldn't have tried to change direction. At that point, the course had been set and the best thing they could've done is just see it through and resolve those plotlines. Rush it out if you feel you need to and then spin off into your own direction, but trying to change the narrative half-way through never works out well. Just as the Justice League movie.

Beyond that stuff, really the worst we've had are some lackluster creative teams. Which isn't exactly unheard of or uncommon, and will always be a problem in the medium.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Not that good. Its probably the most overrated era I've experienced as a comics reader. It brought back post-Crisis stuff, families, and legacies. Okay. That was popular with a part of the fandom and that's great, but deep down there was the exact same problems that come about from any utilized DC initiative. A hot potato to the next guy's vision. A completely incoherent continuity (of course, this is far less laughable than when they made their actual reboot confusing; at least this time its a lot of stuff to add back, but at the same time they were still reckless). Relying on #1s for short-term gains with really not even much of a loosely guided plan as things start to go awry almost instantaneously...It was just the same thing with a new coat of paint.

It was never the major beacon of light for the company that it was made out to be. No more than the New 52 was. Why? Same people. We've juggled Johns and Didio's visions plenty of times before.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

'Cause these days, what Rebirth has become has pretty much given me indigestion.
    I didn't eat lunch today so now I'm even more hungry reading that typo.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

No it was a typo my bad

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think the setup and launch of Rebirth was great. Everything since has been a mess. You can tell there is a definite clash in direction between what Johns was setting up and what Didio/Lee want, and unfortunetly Johns got steamrolled and his original plan has been bastardized into the current mess we have right now. The more power Johns loss in the office the worse the way things have been going has gotten. Love him or hate him Johns at least seemed to have a mapped out plan of what he wanted to do while Didio/Lee have no plan at all and just jump from one big idea to the next with no thought or long term plan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the setup and launch of Rebirth was great. Everything since has been a mess. You can tell there is a definite clash in direction between what Johns was setting up and what Didio/Lee want, and unfortunetly Johns got steamrolled and his original plan has been bastardized into the current mess we have right now. The more power Johns loss in the office the worse the way things have been going has gotten. Love him or hate him Johns at least seemed to have a mapped out plan of what he wanted to do while Didio/Lee have no plan at all and just jump from one big idea to the next with no thought or long term plan.
    Agree with all of this. It started great. There seemed to be a clear vision and a renewed lightness and hope brought back to DC but after that first year it all kind of went downhill. I heard Johns actually talked with all the writers at the onset and plotted out the first year of Rebirth and you could definitely tell. Except for Titans, that book was a mess from issue 1. Since Johns lost his power in the front office, DC just seems to be drifting aimlessly and getting needlessly darker again. There’s very little light and hope left. I’m down to just a couple of titles now and I had started off with almost all of them. Now we’re getting Year of the Villian or Forever Evil 2, whatever you want to call it, and all I can hope for is that it will tie into Doomsday Clock and resetting the DCU into something along the lines of what Rebirth was showing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This right here! Well said.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Rebirth has been a huge lie.
    Legacy characters are in a bad status now more than ever.
    It was nice while it lasted, my pull list is skinny and will decrease to just two titles shortly.