Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

X-Men can take care of themselves. Captain America has more important things to worry about.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    X-Men can take care of themselves. Captain America has more important things to worry about.
    You'd think so, but Genosha, AvX, IvX, and now Nate Grey and the aftermatch paint a somewhat different picture.

They really need to stop with the extermination stories.

Mighty Member

That horse-killing Emma Frost is the least moral of the X-Men. I bet she sucks the life essence out of puppies to survive.

Yes, I am partially joking, but killing a horse over a girl having an orgasm over Sam Guthrie was really out of left field even for Evil Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    That horse-killing Emma Frost is the least moral of the X-Men. I bet she sucks the life essence out of puppies to survive.

Yes, I am partially joking, but killing a horse over a girl having an orgasm over Sam Guthrie was really out of left field even for Evil Emma.
    It's truly bizarre. About as subtle as a flying mallet.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Additionally, there's a character inherently connected with morality, and that's Longshot --he can't be understood without contemplate the (im)morality of superhero genre.

Firstly, he's an all-natural altruist. Being in a blank state, his constant primary drive (apart from enjoying himself) is helping other people and fixing what's wrong. If his interventions are more or less convenient, that's a different story, but he's clear about doing good.

Actually, he wasn't even able to kill his nemesis when he was literally in his hands. That's high ethics in this context.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Nevertheless, the real point is that Longshot's luck power depends on his morality. It's not a natural power, he voluntarily gained it by joining a secret society whose members went through a magical rite of passage that allowed them to bend probabilities in their favour...as long as their motives were 'pure'.

That is, luck will be by his side if he acts generously, but will turn against him if he's selfish. The only time he did something for the money he was nearly killed in a stunt accident.

Also, during Inferno Longshot was devastated because he felt so utterly filthy, meanwhile his teammates (who had been equally corrupted) didn't seem to bother too much about themselves. More so, the evil atmosphere couldn't directly affect him: N'Astirh was obligated to bite him in order to alter him.

So, Longshot is usually lucky because he's so nice and noble per se and his motives are almost always pure. I wonder how this luck power would work in a self-seeking or evil person.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You'd think so, but Genosha, AvX, IvX, and now Nate Grey and the aftermatch paint a somewhat different picture.

They really need to stop with the extermination stories.
    They really, really, do.