Default Rumblers League Week 2: The MunchKING v Siriel

Venue: Ego

- We can discuss the match for 5 days.
    - Each person participating in the match can post a maximum of eight times each in that time.
    - Remember to give people a chance to post links and arguments etc.
    - Poll threads posted next week (they'll be up for two days from Monday).

THE MUNCHKING v SIRIEL

Default The MunchKING'S Strategy

Wrecker of Days!
    Have You seen my New TIE?:
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5
    -- Xilien Mothershipw/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10

Better Zedd than Dead:
    Lord Zedd (MMPR) 7
    -- Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Young) 5
    -- Sentinel (X-Men: DoFP) 7
    -- Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7
    -- The Trio's Invisibility Ray (Buffyverse) 2

Mighty MUTO, Power Rangers!
    MUTO (MonsterVerse) 7
    -- Centipede Serum (MCU) 5

Power of the Deadman:
    The Undertaker (WWE) 4
    -- MITRE Headset (Doctor Who) 9

Post-Urban Commando:
    Shep Ramsey (Suburban Commando) 1
    -- Star Blade (Smallville) 9

WE Are Venom:
    Venom (Spider-Man 3) 6
    -- Muppet Lab's Copier ala Carte (Muppet Show) 9

A Drac that REALLY Sucks:
    Dracula (Dracula Untold) 5
    -- Gem of Amara (Buffyverse) 1
    -- Power-Sucking Athame (Charmed) 6

Not MY Super Ex:
    G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend) 10
    -- Magneto's Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Old) 5

Vs.

The Rulers of Infinity

The Man Who Would Be Everything - 28
    Absorbing Man (2003 Hulk Movie) 7
    Adamantium Skeleton Infusion (X-Men Movies) 2
    Exposure to Radiation (Ghidorah) (Godzilla vs King Ghidorah) 10
    Hollow Symbiote (Charmed) 9

The Ultimate Evil That Transcends Time - 30
    Balthazar Blake (Sorcerer’s Apprentice) 5
    Eye of Agamotto (MCU) 9[/URL]
    [Source of All Evil Symbiote (Charmed) 9[/URL]
    Vest of the Corsican Brothers (Warehouse 13) 7[/URL]

The Infinite Doom - 27
    Doctor Doom (Fantastic Four Movies) 6
    Aether (MCU) 9
    Infinity Gauntlet (MCU) 1
    Iron Throne (Game of Thrones) 1[/URL]
    Orb, The (MCU) 8[/URL]
    Vampirism Infection (Buffyverse) 2

The Lightning's Rage - 23
    Livewire (Supergirl TV Series) 7
    Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8
    Vampirism Infection (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) 4
    Zeus' Master Bolt (Percy Jackson Movie) 4

The God of Speed - 12
    Savitar (Flash TV Series) 10
    Wolfram and Hart Empty Template Sourcebook, One (Buffyverse) 2

Let’s start with the obvious and work our way in shall we? Absorbing man is 150 meters tall and crapping radiation. The MUTO is definitely going to notice. He’s going to want to drink all that tasty radiation. And as he isn’t good or evil, but animal-brained, and has no magic either, the Hollow will do nothing to him. Unfortunately the fact that Absorbing man is somewhere around 2.5 times his size and capable of turning into movie-verse Adamantium will be kind of annoying for the MUTO. He will need help. BUT if absorbing man is dumb enough to turn into pure radiation, the MUTO can just drink him down.

Likewise Zedd has been shown to almost effortlessly cancel out Rita Repulsa’s magic when he notices it, so shrinking Livewire back to her normal power level should be child’s play to him. Likewise he blew up even to powerful Zords from the first series, meaning making her explode in a groundswell of fiery pyrotechnics should not stress him unduly. Then, he can bring his box to life and make it giant, so that it unleash hell-spiders upon the other team, while it wrecks things in the name of Lord Zedd.

While the MUTO has no magic to absorb, you know who does? The Ultimate Evil, and all his magic toys. Also he has a vest that transfers damage. So all we really need to beat him is some Venoms to web him up, and chuck him into the Absorbing Man. He will get destroyed by the Hollow, and then the vest thing will blow up the absorbing man. If it turns out the vest is magical, and the Hollow eats that too, I will point out that Absorbing Man was not a magic caster and thus won’t get any power-up from all the magic we’re feeding the Hollow.

You know what even Gods of Speed tend not to like? Physical force, applied in overwhelming amounts, to somewhere in their face region. Fortunately we have a couple of superman level entities who are willing to bring such pain to him. But also there’s just the overwhelming number of Kaiju running around that would stomp on him without even noticing.

This leaves Doom. and as befitting the version from such a lame movie, we will defeat him in the most humiliating way we can. Overrun by millions of lesser monsters (Comparative to the others anyway). I mean alright these are giant demon spiders, and not cute squirrels, but still humiliating.

OR! That’s what we WANT Doom to think! Because while Doom is busy defending himself against a few billion demon spiders, the Deadman can use his massive TK to rip Doom’s head off like a pull-tab. Buffyverse vampires were extremely vulnerable to that kind of thing, and as he’s devoting his own power to stopping the bugs, Doom will not be capable of stopping the moon-busting TK. He can then go on to do this to everyone else on Siriel’s team since pretty much nothing has shown that much stopping power. If Absorbing Man is all that is left, and the claim is he is too homogenous for head-popping to work, then the Undertaker can hold him down while the MUTO drains all the energy out of him.

And that covers each of Siriel’s characters, but I still have a few left, and Absorbing Man wasn’t really defeated. SO lets throw more Kaiju on it! Rodan would probably be enough, but we’ll throw most of them at Absorbing Man. However King Ceaser will be used to attack the other members of Siriel’s team. He supposedly has the ability to absorb energy attacks and then redirect them into eye-blasts, but that one wasn’t shown in Final Wars, only previous movies. Also the Gavorck monster will be attacking the Iron Throne of Doom, barfing out it’s billions of spider-demons now also greatly Boosted by Zedd’s magic. Dracula will help the Super-people hunt down Savitar. With a sword that can absorb all Savitar’s speed force powers if he can land a stab, he would be great for finishing off the Savitar after the Supers beat up this so called “God”. Also we’ll throw a few more Venoms at each of Siriel’s guys.

As always (most) of my guys and ALL my gals are intelligent and experienced fighters who will adapt to the situation on the fly and have the powers and skills to do so.

Default Siriel's Strategy

Absorbing Man:
    Absorbing Man will begin by taking on the properties of adamantium, making him invulnerable to just about everything the enemy team can throw at him; besides, if his body ends up deformed or otherwise impaired, he can turn to radiation for a moment and reform.
    His task this time is simple; he'll act as a tank, stopping attempts to attack my team with kaijus. The radiation that turns him giant comes from Godzilla, and should make him more than a match for any of them to begin with, and with adamantium and his own powers on top he should definitely be top-dog against any of number of giant monsters MunchKING can field, particularly since he's just buying time at this point. Sadly Munch's team is rather light on magic, so the Hollow won't be too great here.
    Something that I feel is worth noting; The Athame will absolutely not work on Absorbing Man. The Hollow is the ultimate power in Charmed, the Athame is the creation of a random pair of demons from the same show; it's obvious which trumps the other if they meet.

Balthazar:
    After our grand attempt at cheesing last time, let's step it down a notch; Balthazar's role here is more humble. He'll use the basic vanishing power granted to him by the Source to send Savitar near Undertaker's location (Charmed characters teleport everywhere all the time including places they know little about, this shouldn't be an issue), and from that point on teleport himself and Doom out of the way of any attacks that come their way, shielding Doom if required; thanks to the Vest, he's very resilient to conventional force which is what most of Munch's tema is fielding.
    As part of this support role, if any of our team should fall or become incapacitated, he'll use the Eye to rewind them back to full health. If we appear to be losing, then we're looking at a full time rewind for everyone; in essence, as long as Balthazar stands (and with his ability to teleport across dimensions and the Vest, him falling is quite unlikely) my team has infinite tries; unlike Kaecilius and his goons, Munch's team isn't immune to time manipulation.
    I'll note that the Vest prevents wounds, so the Athame won't work on him either.

Livewire
    Livewire has an obvious target once again; there's a big giant spaceship up there, and she happens to interact very wildly with that kind of technology. Turning herself into lightning, she'll zap up there and starts cooking everything inside alive, without stopping for too long if something is too tough; her goal is chiefly to incapacitate the ship and its inhabitants.
    Vader might be strong in the Force, but Livewire with her buffs is far, far beyond anything that he's taken on. Also depending on a life support system wouldn't do him any favor.

Doom:
    Doom's opening move will be create a field of disintegrating energy around himself, Balthazar and Savitar. Given the raw power of the Power Stone and the versatility of the Reality Stone combined with his knowledge of cosmic energy and his own energy manipulating capability, that should be easy. The dome will intercept any blitzing attempts, counter most blasts as well as any enemy that gets past Absorbing Man, and prevent any blitzes.
    Once this is done, he'll start turning any enemy he sees into whatever matches his tastes. Perhaps statues in honor of his greatness?

Savitar:
    If any unexpected guest make it to my team before Balthazar gets going somehow, Savitar will disarm them; the Star Blade, the Gem of Amara, the Athame and the headset would all be easy prey for his mastered phasing abilities, which would neuter any attempt to engage my team by their wearers, and add to Savitar's own advantages.
    Once teleported, the first thing he'll do is remove that dangerous helmet from Undertaker's head with his superior speed, then move on to the Gem and the Athame, killing Dracula with his own power stealing knife; he won't engage anyone in a fair fight, anything that comes after him will get phased through.

Clean-up:
    With my first moves done, the ship should be crashing, Balthazar and Doom are safe in an impregnable energy field (and teleporting as needed), Undertaker's threat is neutered and Dracula is possibly dead. It's time to move to the offensive.
    Doom will use the Power and Reality Stone to create a potent disintegrating energy and Absorbing Man will absorb it, becoming one with it, and sweep across the land, destroying everything in his way. Meanwhile, Livewire will destroy the Sentinel, then move on to frying Lord Zedd and his nasty spiders. Savitar will return to the dome, with Balthazar teleporting him in, and watch the end together; if any of our items happen to attempt to be taken from their rightful owner, he'll give them back or claim them for himself.

After the rest of the enemy team has fallen, Balthazar will revive (if necessary) and challenge Zedd to a duel of magic, to show him what the REAL Master of Evil can do, using his magic to seal him in a mirror provided by Doom. It sure beats the trash can he seals Rita in!

Note: My strategy does not individually address many members of Munch's team, such as the Venoms, Shep, MUTO and G-Girl. This is because while they are quite different in potency from one another, they all more or less fulfill the role of being big strong people, which is a poor match for Doom and Balthazar's strategy of surrounding themselves in a death field and rewinding time when needed. Also because I don't have enough team members to engage them individually.

If anyone is still alive after that, Doom will unmake them molecule by molecule, Balthazar will banish them to another dimension, Livewire will fry them, Savitar will rip out their relevant weak organ if applicable or make use of whatever item he picked up.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Absorbing Man:
    Absorbing Man will begin by taking on the properties of adamantium, making him invulnerable to just about everything the enemy team can throw at him; besides, if his body ends up deformed or otherwise impaired, he can turn to radiation for a moment and reform.

Oh Good. MUTO thinks that's a LOT easier to eat than adamantium.

His task this time is simple; he'll act as a tank, stopping attempts to attack my team with kaijus.
    And given that most of the Kaiju are supposed to attack him, somebody better be getting Bill Gates on the line to fund our special effects budget.

Something that I feel is worth noting; The Athame will absolutely not work on Absorbing Man. The Hollow is the ultimate power in Charmed, the Athame is the creation of a random pair of demons from the same show; it's obvious which trumps the other if they meet.
    I thought it was magic, so I assumed that was how it would work.

Balthazar:
    After our grand attempt at cheesing last time, let's step it down a notch; Balthazar's role here is more humble. He'll use the basic vanishing power granted to him by the Source to send Savitar near Undertaker's location (Charmed characters teleport everywhere all the time including places they know little about, this shouldn't be an issue), and from that point on teleport himself and Doom out of the way of any attacks that come their way, shielding Doom if required; thanks to the Vest, he's very resilient to conventional force which is what most of Munch's tema is fielding.

Fortunately the Undertaker teleports as well, so Balthazar is going to be warping into a Venom web-up, rather than a showdown with the Deadman.

As part of this support role, if any of our team should fall or become incapacitated, he'll use the Eye to rewind them back to full health. If we appear to be losing, then we're looking at a full time rewind for everyone; in essence, as long as Balthazar stands (and with his ability to teleport across dimensions and the Vest, him falling is quite unlikely).
    I'll note that the Vest prevents wounds, so the Athame won't work on him either.
    Ah but you WEREN'T counting on the Hollow eating all his magic.

Livewire
    Livewire has an obvious target once again; there's a big giant spaceship up there, and she happens to interact very wildly with that kind of technology. Turning herself into lightning, she'll zap up there and starts cooking everything inside alive, without stopping for too long if something is too tough; her goal is chiefly to incapacitate the ship and its inhabitants.
    Vader might be strong in the Force, but Livewire with her buffs is far, far beyond anything that he's taken on. Also depending on a life support system wouldn't do him any favor.
    Yeah, I don't know how tough the Xi'ian tech is against lighting, but Vader would get absolutely roasted. Good thing Zedd targets her first. He cancels out Rita's magic with just a wave when he wants to so unless she shows up to get him yakking, Livewire is getting depowered.

Doom:
    Doom's opening move will be create a field of disintegrating energy around himself, Balthazar and Savitar. Given the raw power of the Power Stone and the versatility of the Reality Stone combined with his knowledge of cosmic energy and his own energy manipulating capability, that should be easy. The dome will intercept any blitzing attempts, counter most blasts as well as any enemy that gets past Absorbing Man, and prevent any blitzes.
    Once this is done, he'll start turning any enemy he sees into whatever matches his tastes. Perhaps statues in honor of his greatness?
    And while he's congratulating himself on that stopping all the demon spiders, he didn't notice the moon-busting TK (Which is presumably not effecting by a disintegration field) pop his head off.

Savitar:
    If any unexpected guest make it to my team before Balthazar gets going somehow, Savitar will disarm them; the Star Blade, the Gem of Amara, the Athame and the headset would all be easy prey for his mastered phasing abilities, which would neuter any attempt to engage my team by their wearers, and add to Savitar's own advantages.
    Given that, IIRC it's the same basic continuity, have they ever shown how fast Smallville Clark is against Flash?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Let’s start with the obvious and work our way in shall we? Absorbing man is 150 meters tall and crapping radiation. The MUTO is definitely going to notice. He’s going to want to drink all that tasty radiation. And as he isn’t good or evil, but animal-brained, and has no magic either, the Hollow will do nothing to him. Unfortunately the fact that Absorbing man is somewhere around 2.5 times his size and capable of turning into movie-verse Adamantium will be kind of annoying for the MUTO. He will need help. BUT if absorbing man is dumb enough to turn into pure radiation, the MUTO can just drink him down.
    This suits me fine. Absorbing Man was strat'd to keep in adamantium unless he needed the radiation mode to reform, so no worries of being drinked.

Likewise Zedd has been shown to almost effortlessly cancel out Rita Repulsa’s magic when he notices it, so shrinking Livewire back to her normal power level should be child’s play to him. Likewise he blew up even to powerful Zords from the first series, meaning making her explode in a groundswell of fiery pyrotechnics should not stress him unduly. Then, he can bring his box to life and make it giant, so that it unleash hell-spiders upon the other team, while it wrecks things in the name of Lord Zedd.
    Hadn't seen shrinking Livewire coming, but it shouldn't be too damaging to my plan. Though I note she should still be well above her regular power levels given that she has the Master Bolt to leech off of.

While the MUTO has no magic to absorb, you know who does? The Ultimate Evil, and all his magic toys. Also he has a vest that transfers damage. So all we really need to beat him is some Venoms to web him up, and chuck him into the Absorbing Man. He will get destroyed by the Hollow, and then the vest thing will blow up the absorbing man. If it turns out the vest is magical, and the Hollow eats that too, I will point out that Absorbing Man was not a magic caster and thus won’t get any power-up from all the magic we’re feeding the Hollow.
    The Hollow actually grants the powers it absorbs to the host; it's demonstrated several times that people get powers they otherwise did not have - though not necessarily the means to use them smartly, so you're right that giving Balthazar's abilities to the Absorbing Man would nullify them quite a bit.

Well, not that it matters; Balthazar is safely in a disintegrating dome that the Venoms have no way to breach.

You know what even Gods of Speed tend not to like? Physical force, applied in overwhelming amounts, to somewhere in their face region. Fortunately we have a couple of superman level entities who are willing to bring such pain to him. But also there’s just the overwhelming number of Kaiju running around that would stomp on him without even noticing.
    Fortunately, phasing is quite effective against brute force, and Savitar is strat'd to just avoid physical confrontations. The fact that he gets teleported behind the enemy team also avoids the kaiju problem.

This leaves Doom. and as befitting the version from such a lame movie, we will defeat him in the most humiliating way we can. Overrun by millions of lesser monsters (Comparative to the others anyway). I mean alright these are giant demon spiders, and not cute squirrels, but still humiliating.
    Fortunately, Doom is safe inside his disintegration dome, so the spiders will only meet their doom in this endeavor. Given that he's running off of the Power Stone, they shouldn't be able to deplete his shield.

OR! That’s what we WANT Doom to think! Because while Doom is busy defending himself against a few billion demon spiders, the Deadman can use his massive TK to rip Doom’s head off like a pull-tab. Buffyverse vampires were extremely vulnerable to that kind of thing, and as he’s devoting his own power to stopping the bugs, Doom will not be capable of stopping the moon-busting TK.
    Movie Doom is actually quite durable and the vampirism shouldn't take that away, but that aside he'll be brought back by Balthazar even if this went through. Since the spiders don't teleport to us or anything, they shouldn't make it in time to take advantage of whatever lapse in the shield this causes, and even if they did Balthazar can just vanish himself in Doom further away to buy some time.

Should have aimed for Balthazar first.

He can then go on to do this to everyone else on Siriel’s team since pretty much nothing has shown that much stopping power. If Absorbing Man is all that is left, and the claim is he is too homogenous for head-popping to work, then the Undertaker can hold him down while the MUTO drains all the energy out of him.
    Fortunately Savitar's very first job is to remove that nasty helmet and he isn't answered, so no risk of that.

Conclusion: My strategy is pretty much step-by-step countering the MunchKING's, which is convenient for me. Especially when you consider that his counters to my characters sometimes leave them just fine and capable of action; Livewire for example is just shrunk back to human size.

The only one who has actions that actually defeat my team members is Undertaker; setting aside that I'm not 100% sure how he's actually finding a human-sized member of my team from four miles away on Ego's uneven surface (unless the helmet does it? I confess I didn't research it that much), he should be stop either in the middle of or immediately after his first attack on Doom by Savitar, after which we're safe.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-08-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Decided to make two posts to separate my response to the strategy from my response to the arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Oh Good. MUTO thinks that's a LOT easier to eat than adamantium.
    That's only if he's incapacitated in adamantium form first though, which seems unlikely to happen, at least in the near future.

And given that most of the Kaiju are supposed to attack him, somebody better be getting Bill Gates on the line to fund our special effects budget.
    Our strategy do line up quite well on that front, I guess it was just a natural conclusion.

Fortunately the Undertaker teleports as well, so Balthazar is going to be warping into a Venom web-up, rather than a showdown with the Deadman.
    That's not in your strategy? Unless I missed something this is the only description for his actions;

OR! That’s what we WANT Doom to think! Because while Doom is busy defending himself against a few billion demon spiders, the Deadman can use his massive TK to rip Doom’s head off like a pull-tab. Buffyverse vampires were extremely vulnerable to that kind of thing, and as he’s devoting his own power to stopping the bugs, Doom will not be capable of stopping the moon-busting TK. He can then go on to do this to everyone else on Siriel’s team since pretty much nothing has shown that much stopping power. If Absorbing Man is all that is left, and the claim is he is too homogenous for head-popping to work, then the Undertaker can hold him down while the MUTO drains all the energy out of him.
    No mention of him teleporting at the bell or of the Venoms laying a trap where he was.

I could see him teleporting in response to my move, but I feel Savitar is too quick for that, especially when the Undertaker is focusing on locating and applying precise TK to someone four miles away.

Ah but you WEREN'T counting on the Hollow eating all his magic.
    True, I wasn't, it's a clever move. The problem is that the Venoms aren't going to be crossing four miles quickly enough to really stop any of my moves, and couldn't get through Doom's field even if they did, and Balthazar would just warp away even if they could.

The greater starting distances do prevent speed blitzes, which I appreciate, but they also make it much harder for people without superspeed to get to the enemy team in time to disrupt a defensive strategy like the one I employed here.

Yeah, I don't know how tough the Xi'ian tech is against lighting, but Vader would get absolutely roasted. Good thing Zedd targets her first. He cancels out Rita's magic with just a wave when he wants to so unless she shows up to get him yakking, Livewire is getting depowered.
    The problem is that shrinking her isn't enough; she's already running on a functionally infinite source of electricity in the form of the Master Bolt, so she should still be able to zap through the ship just fine considering even she could mess around with a city's electricity supply even at her base level.

And while he's congratulating himself on that stopping all the demon spiders, he didn't notice the moon-busting TK (Which is presumably not effecting by a disintegration field) pop his head off.
    I concur that the TK should get through the field, though I feel you undersold Doom's durability a fair amount, but Balthazar will bring him back if he dies.

Given that, IIRC it's the same basic continuity, have they ever shown how fast Smallville Clark is against Flash?
    Smallville Flash left Clark in the dust when they compared speeds. It's not the same continuity though; this Flash is in-continuity with CW Supergirl, which is a very different world from Smallville. Barry is generally faster than Kara, albeit not by so much that she couldn't fight him.

I don't think Savitar would be able to completely blitz someone empowered by the Star Blade (or at least that doing so would be going a bit against the spirit of the league), but it doesn't give any answer to his phasing ability; it's not based on his speed relative to the other, but rather on Speedforce vibration nonsense.

I only had him engage the Star Blade wielder if they somehow make it through Doom's field for the very reason that trying to chase down someone with its speed would be too much of a pain for him.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-08-2019 at 03:04 AM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    That's only if he's incapacitated in adamantium form first though, which seems unlikely to happen, at least in the near future.
    Well I'm trying to think what the most force Adamantium has stood up to, and assuming it's X-men verse, There WAS that disintegration field Dark Phoenix was throwing around.

No mention of him teleporting at the bell or of the Venoms laying a trap where he was.

I could see him teleporting in response to my move, but I feel Savitar is too quick for that, especially when the Undertaker is focusing on locating and applying precise TK to someone four miles away.
    Yeah, I MEANT to put that he teleported behind your guy's spawn point to help with the surprise attack part of it. But looking at my Strat, I did not actually write that. So Fair points there.

The problem is that shrinking her isn't enough; she's already running on a functionally infinite source of electricity in the form of the Master Bolt, so she should still be able to zap through the ship just fine considering even she could mess around with a city's electricity supply even at her base level.
    Well he DID depower Rita in addition to shrinking her. I don't have time to watch all of Power Rangers Season 2+ to see if he did it to electricity specifically.

The OTHER problem though is that he straight up wrecked the DinoZords, and I don't think Livewire is as tough as those.

I concur that the TK should get through the field, though I feel you undersold Doom's durability a fair amount, but Balthazar will bring him back if he dies.
    Moon dropping TK is a lot of force to throw at him though.

Smallville Flash left Clark in the dust when they compared speeds. It's not the same continuity though; this Flash is in-continuity with CW Supergirl, which is a very different world from Smallville. Barry is generally faster than Kara, albeit not by so much that she couldn't fight him.
    Ah, I thought Smallville was where they got the Superman for that one. OK then. Fair enough.

I don't think Savitar would be able to completely blitz someone empowered by the Star Blade (or at least that doing so would be going a bit against the spirit of the league), but it doesn't give any answer to his phasing ability; it's not based on his speed relative to the other, but rather on Speedforce vibration nonsense.
    Ugh. I didn't know he had Speedforce phasing tricks. Did they stop energy attacks? Because Smallville clark had the laser-eyes...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Ugh. I didn't know he had Speedforce phasing tricks. Did they stop energy attacks? Because Smallville clark had the laser-eyes...
    Theoretically, Vibration based phasing shouldn't protect from heat based energy attacks, but but's trying to apply real life science to comic book science, which is a risky proposition as far as rumbles go

Well I'm trying to think what the most force Adamantium has stood up to, and assuming it's X-men verse, There WAS that disintegration field Dark Phoenix was throwing around.
    Movie Adamantium isn't comic Adamantium, but I feel like an Adamantium Kaiju would still be pretty indestructible to other Kaijus. If nothing else it should be a big bump in durability from flesh or scales.

Phasing is noted to be more difficult against forcefields and the likes because they need to find the right frequency.

However as far as I recall the Star Blade only gave the pin-point version of heat vision so it should be easy enough to dodge if a stray beam comes his way as he makes his way back to the forcefield.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Five days have passed on this one, discussion over.

Poll to be posted in a couple of days.