Default Rumblers League Week 2: Cleric of Hell's Brigade v Jcogginsa

Venue: Ego

- We can discuss the match for 5 days.
    - Each person participating in the match can post a maximum of eight times each in that time.
    - Remember to give people a chance to post links and arguments etc.
    - Poll threads posted next week (they'll be up for two days from Monday).

CLERIC OF HELL'S BRIGADE v JCOGGINSA

Default Cleric of Hell's Brigade's Strategy

At four miles apart, this should be interesting. I will once again note that my team is generally vastly faster than the opposition (including Daphne).

Also, at four miles away, there is no way Serpentera and Godzilla can’t be seen. Even if it is somehow hidden (unlikely) a simple flight upward (or super hearing) will spot them lickity split.

Clark shrinks and flies at the opposing team as fast as possible, all but impossible to see. Once he has them in visual range (which should be darn instant), he will stop Time. From there he can and will systematically knock out any of the people there. Voldemort, Daphne, Jo (getting into Sepentera and finding him via x-ray should be easy), The Dr, Hulk, etc...down the line. He has 47 seconds of time to play with and is much more deadly shrunk down. Knocking people out should be super easy.

Any he can’t knock out gets just space tossed (like Electro and maybe Apocalypse).

Once he can he’ll turn his attention to the Godzilla, grow big, and take it to him (space toss is also an option, especially if he shrinks Godzilla down first).

Mary/Diana Use flight going straight up, then once locating the enemy, will stay at range (as much as she needs to) and petrify Apocalypse, Godzilla, and Serpentera and anyone else (especially Ares) she can see.

Her entire job is to stay on the move in the air, zooming and using the Head, her Lasso, and anything else to stop the opposing forces.

She can also induce weather to aid her (tornadoes and the like).

Jesse shrinks down and zooms off, her job to locate the enemy at speed and use her shrunk down speed punch to knock out Daphne, Voldemort, and anyone else still up.

If needs be she can fly up and do this too, of course.

If needs be she’ll also keep on eye on Ego’s human avatar and attempt o distract him as needs be.

Ghost invisible and able to fly/glide, he’ll hunt down anyone that decides to try and sneak attack my team (teleport behind or some such). With his senses and stealth, he’s on mop up duty. Like Jesse he is also set to distract Ego’s avatar if needs be.

Magneto undetectable and unfindable, he reaches out with his powers and crushes everything metal the opposing team has. Hulk armor, Serpentera, etc......(this will also help him locate where any are).

He’ll fly up, unfindable, and use chunks of Serpentera and the like to bombard the enemy team as best he can (with maybe a lightsaber slash her and there as he moves closer and closer). He, like Jesse and Ghost, will also keep Ego from interfering.

Paul zooms towards the enemy team (psychic and can see Godzilla)and to each one he simply says die (added in with a super strength pounding if needs be). Especially to Apocalypse, Voldemort, and Electro.

He can and will keep moving, never letting himself be caught from behind or surprise, and will aid Clark and Mary/Diana In mop up.

My team will fight to the best of their skills, abilities, knowledge, intelligence, experience, and items allow them to. They will come to each other’s aid as best they can, and especially in this one my team scatters and stays mobile the entire time, not letting d-dumps or teleports caught them off guard.

Default Jcogginsa's Strategy

What each character does at the start

Daphne charges forward, and melts the Barometer and metal components of the shrinking suit before Superman can use it. If she sees an uncloaked Magneto, she is to melt his helmet and Lightsaber. Otherwise, her goal is to locate Jesse Quick, melt her suit, and try to stab her with the Horn

Apocalypse, the Doctor, and Voldemort team up to launch a mental attack on the opposing team. Their primary focus is to control the following individuals: Superman, Wonder Mary, and Ego. If this works. Superman is to fight and kill Magneto, as his Super Senses should be sufficient to locate him, while Ego is to bury any still alive enemy combatants in the ground and crush them. Wonder Mary Helps out any one under attack, and then once everyone else is dead, kills herself. Though Mary, Ego, and Superman are their primary targets, if they can do so they will also mentally dominate the entire opposing team.

Ares fires his Kryptonite Grenade in the area around his, and uses his Telekinesis to swirl it around the group, giving them a defense against Superman. If he is capable, he uses his matter manipulation abilities to make more Kryptonite. Electro and the Hulk also stay nearby to act as guards. The Hulk firmly grasps the singularity Grenade in his hand to prevent any speedsters from being able to. If Voldemort, the Doctor, and Apocalypse need help, Ares will lend his own mental powers to help them

Godzilla tries to Trackdown Ghost and kill him.

Josuke Higashikata flies Serpentera into space. If the battle goals poorly for his team, he will destroy the planet

Extraordinary Member

Post 1

1. Superman is not fast enough to reach my team before the Telepathic Attack reaches him, especially since he doesn't activate the Barometer at the Bell. Thanks to that, he should be vulnerable to the Telepathic attack. Additionally, since Apocalypse has a healing factor and a Ghost Rider form, he should be able to avoid the Knock out.

2. Paul will not be able to reach my team before Ego is controlled, and therefore gets buried

3. As far as I know the Flashes can't share speed with a vehicle, so Jesse flying will be detrimental to her speed

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Daphne is slow compared to Clark and can’t cross four miles of hilly territory before he shrinks.

Magneto can’t be seen/or found. He is literally undetectable.

Apocalypse doesn’t have offensive telepathy, he has defensive telepathy. Voldemort has never mass controlled anything from range (or aliens, as of note) and the Doctor has telepathy but doesn’t mind control people.

So....what telepathic assault is incoming exactly?

I’ll grant you Voldemort’s TP May be enhanced here, but again he’s never taken over an alien mind before. Just humans. Plus could he even locate my team? They all scatter and move around. He is also ridiculously slow compared to my team.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Daphne is slow compared to Clark and can’t cross four miles of hilly territory before he shrinks.

Magneto can’t be seen/or found. He is literally undetectable.

Apocalypse doesn’t have offensive telepathy, he has defensive telepathy. Voldemort has never mass controlled anything from range (or aliens, as of note) and the Doctor has telepathy but doesn’t mind control people.

So....what telepathic assault is incoming exactly?

I’ll grant you Voldemort’s TP May be enhanced here, but again he’s never taken over an alien mind before. Just humans. Plus could he even locate my team? They all scatter and move around. He is also ridiculously slow compared to my team.
    Post 2

1. I contest that Daphne is slower than Superman. Superman is slower than the Flash, who IIRC only has "Everything is in super slow motion" levels of speed, whereas Daphne is at "Fast enough to move in a time stop" levels of speed. Superman would be faster if he activated the Barometer, but that's not the strat he's employing

2. On the contrary, the Tattoos he's got don't do anything to standard senses. People can still see and hear him just fine. Since Superman's senses are not magical, just really good, he should be able to find him

3. Apocalypse does have offensive TP . He is able to telepathically dominate Xavier with ease. Once Voldemort uses his own TP to form the connection, which he can do at range, Apocalypse will be able to do a telepathic attack. Furthermore if the other telepaths are limited in such a manner, Apocalypse can enhance them to the same extent as Cerebro. And they shouldn't have any problem locating them telepathically

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Hard to call between the Daphne/Superman opening rush, but if she can melt his gear than it becomes a closer fight.

Good moves between the Wonder Mary Medusa head AOE attack and the Ares Kryptonite Grenade defense.

Once linked Apocalypse and crew's TP attack can do damage, but so can Jesse Magneto with their moves(Mags has an invisibility cloak as well as the Tats).

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Post 2

1. I contest that Daphne is slower than Superman. Superman is slower than the Flash, who IIRC only has "Everything is in super slow motion" levels of speed, whereas Daphne is at "Fast enough to move in a time stop" levels of speed. Superman would be faster if he activated the Barometer, but that's not the strat he's employing

2. On the contrary, the Tattoos he's got don't do anything to standard senses. People can still see and hear him just fine. Since Superman's senses are not magical, just really good, he should be able to find him

3. Apocalypse does have offensive TP . He is able to telepathically dominate Xavier with ease. Once Voldemort uses his own TP to form the connection, which he can do at range, Apocalypse will be able to do a telepathic attack. Furthermore if the other telepaths are limited in such a manner, Apocalypse can enhance them to the same extent as Cerebro. And they shouldn't have any problem locating them telepathically
    Flash moves around so fast that decent bullet tuners are frozen to him (Diana) as if frozen in time.

Clark is fast enough to keep up/almost match him.

Clark is also multiple Mach’s fast as demonstrated by his speeding around and breaking the sound barrier in his movies.

Daphne’s best speed feat as I recall was her outrunning a nuclear explosion, yet she still died from the attack AND it turned out to not be real anyways.

The biggest point though is that Daphne can’t get to him. Clark is flying and small she’ll never be able to see him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Post 3
    Flash moves around so fast that decent bullet tuners are frozen to him (Diana) as if frozen in time.

Clark is fast enough to keep up/almost match him.

Clark is also multiple Mach’s fast as demonstrated by his speeding around and breaking the sound barrier in his movies.

Daphne’s best speed feat as I recall was her outrunning a nuclear explosion, yet she still died from the attack AND it turned out to not be real anyways.

The biggest point though is that Daphne can’t get to him. Clark is flying and small she’ll never be able to see him.
    Actually Diana is only Frozen from The Flash's perspective when she's falling, IE when her own speed isn't a factor. And though the Camera does make it difficult to see, The Sword appears to move from his perspective as well, and it's not moving at any significant speed. And Superman is slower than the Flash, so I don't see him matching the Speed Daphne has, which is "Moves in Time Stop" levels of fast. And Given that Daphne is "Moves in Timestop" Levels of Fast, I think she can reach him before his shrinks. (Or if not, at the very least she can reach him in the middle of Shrinking, since THAT isn't happening at Clark's speed)

hmmm idk about the result yet, but Daphne seems faster than Clark to me. Hiros timestop was basically retconned into a time slow to introduce Daphne but that still makes her really fast.

There is also the issue of her getting across four miles to tag Clark and melt his stuff before he shrinks.

And he’s flying.

If she can even locate him due to Ego’s geography. As to the Krptonite has, it won’t work. Clark is wearing a suit that will protect him.

As to the telepathic assault, Jesse has that handled. She’s very fast and more than capable of nailing them. Remember she was fast enough to keep up in Flashtime for a good while before she’s puttered out. No way human speed Doctor or Boldemort don’t get knocked out.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Post 4
    There is also the issue of her getting across four miles to tag Clark and melt his stuff before he shrinks.

And he’s flying.

If she can even locate him due to Ego’s geography. As to the Krptonite has, it won’t work. Clark is wearing a suit that will protect him.

As to the telepathic assault, Jesse has that handled. She’s very fast and more than capable of nailing them. Remember she was fast enough to keep up in Flashtime for a good while before she’s puttered out. No way human speed Doctor or Boldemort don’t get knocked out.
    1. Your strat involves Clark shrinking before he flies. That pretty much gurantees Daphne will be able to tag him, since the Shrinking process does not happen at Clark's speed. This means Clark will be mid shrink when his equipment is melted.

2.Source on the Ant-Man suit being made of lead? Cause otherwise it's not gonna protect him from Kryptonite

Five days have passed on this one, discussion over.

Poll to be posted in a couple of days.