Default Kyle Rayner vs. Blackbolt

Can Post Crisis Kyle as a GL contain Blackbolt yelling "Muuurder mouth!"

He gets 10 seconds of prep.

BONUS: Auto shields versus a whispered "no".
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Black Bolt is currently heavily damaged and the voice as related should be barely a thing. Presuming you mean Bolt in his heyday before such stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Black Bolt is currently heavily damaged and the voice as related should be barely a thing. Presuming you mean Bolt in his heyday before such stuff?
    Whoops. Yessir, prime BB plz and thx
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I would say that fully prime BB operates a bit beyond Lantern level, even Kyle.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Captain Morgan in five, four, three...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Captain Morgan in five, four, three...
    I confess to be waiting for same. :-)

Given how good Kyle is with the ring, I can see the argument that 10 seconds is enough to build a green McGuffin that channels BB's energies to the supermassive black hole at the center of the Galaxy, and that may do it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

SO HERE'S THE THING. Kyle is really strong, but I tend to think of Black Bolt at full tilt as somewhat beyond an exploding star, which is where Kyle tops out for sheer "put this explosion in a box." But! Black Bolt's voice HAS been channeled and redirected by technology before. Reed did it. Ronan and the Kree did it. Blackbolt himself did it with those weird terrigan crystal bomb things.

Kyle has converted weird energies before. He did this neat trick fighting angels in Morrison's runs where he made straight jackets that converted their kinetic energy into sound. He then built a treadmill for Flash which turned Wally's kinetic energy into a particular frequency of sound that melted all the angels.

So big_adventure probably has the right general idea. Kyle probably can't just raw contain it, but he could potentially channel it elsewhere or channel it into something else. He was able to pretty casually redirect the blind before it made contact with suns, for example, and that stuff turned suns into black holes.

Does the premise mean contain as in 'tank'? Or contain as in do something to not get killed? Or contain as in shut BB's mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Does the premise mean contain as in 'tank'? Or contain as in do something to not get killed? Or contain as in shut BB's mouth?
    I think it means put it in a box and keep it from leaking out and destroying anything else, which is a good deal harder than tanking or just not getting killed. Like he did when Solaris exploded

Swiss army nerd

Nothing to add to the thread except my love of Kyle Rayner. When I was a kid reading him containing Solaris it blew my mind. Morrison JLA is the best JLA.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Nothing to add to the thread except my love of Kyle Rayner. When I was a kid reading him containing Solaris it blew my mind. Morrison JLA is the best JLA.
    Seconding this sentiment.

I started with old issues of Hal Jordan but it was Kyle who really sold me on Green Lantern as a character.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Seconding this sentiment.

I started with old issues of Hal Jordan but it was Kyle who really sold me on Green Lantern as a character.
    I love the everyman becoming a legend thing he has going on, and his genuinely goodness in trying to do the best with what he'd been given. But just from a comics perspective, a comic/manga fan artist with a GL ring, in this visual medium, Kyle was a ton of fun to read.

Yeah Kyle really is easily among my favorite comic characters.