Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Such a revelation would just bog the title down with more continuity alterations.
    Themyscira isn't really an issue for me. She spends so much time flying back and forth there that other corners of her universe are neglected. Wilson is fixing the issue by just having her regain access to it, but we aren't really missing much IMO by having a 10 year period between her origin and now where she couldn't go home. They should fill it with stories revamping her rogues gallery and exploring other corners of WW lore that have nothing to do with the Amazons.
    Having her be able to return home isn't fixing the issue I mentioned, it's just a logical continuation from Rucka's run.
    What bothers me about Truth is that Rucka basically erased her entire history, including his first run (which was much better than the second, excluding Year One) AND he didn't add a good enough backstory to replace it. They ignored all the classics and left us with the lame Rebirth version (Jason included).
    Another big problem is he also damaged the changes of fixing Donna. She can't be Diana's adopted sister who she rescued from man's world and brought to Themyscira. I guess she could be the survivor of a shipwreck that washed up on the shores of the island when Diana still lived there, but that is too similar to Steve's story and dimishes him being WW's first contact with men's world.
    All in all, just a bad decision that only succeeded in retconing the New 52, but not all the parts that mattered (Jason and Zeus).

Some things Rucka couldn’t fix due to the fact Robison was also signed on. Jason was suppose to stay. It wasn’t Rcuak’s fault. Dc didn’t want a complete retcon. They already had a plan

He shouldn’t and if he had to stick around Johns should’ve handled that plot point himself like he’s doing with the Three Jokers.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Some things Rucka couldn’t fix due to the fact Robison was also signed on. Jason was suppose to stay. It wasn’t Rcuak’s fault. Dc didn’t want a complete retcon. They already had a plan
    Well the Jason plan was a miserable one, and I dropped Wonder Woman (AGAIN!) after that miserable arc and Robinson's less-than-wonderful handling of things. Haven't picked it up again since, and have no plans to do so again any time in the foreseeable future.
    As far as I'm concerned, Geoff Johns should never be involved with anything having to do with Wonder Woman and her story / history.

I would have loved for Diana to do 100% retcon but no.Donna and Cassie should have also gotten retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He shouldn’t and if he had to stick around Johns should’ve handled that plot point himself like he’s doing with the Three Jokers.
    I totally agree! Had Johns handled the incorporating or retconning of Jason into the Wonderverse, it would have gone much smoother, and we'd be having an entirely different conversation. I hope he understands that and gets a chance to fix that, sometime, in the future. I hope he understands that Prince Jason was a good idea and still has some lingering support.

I tweeted him this meme, earlier.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-13-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I tweeted him this meme, earlier.

Really?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really?!?
    It's a meme! Worked pretty hard on it, too, ..and it brings us to another consideration...

The Wonder Woman Family, which includes Steve, Maggie, Ferdinand, Donna, Artemis, Prince Jason and the Amazons, should be wowing us in their own cool title! Diana and the Amazons, alone, AND the myth-inspired world they inhabit, with Jason occasionally passing through, could certainly carry their own title, ..which would probably outsell the WW comic. I'm not talking about an anthology title, like ABC; I'm talking about Wonder Woman hanging out with her sisters on the island, having Harryhausenish and other pulpy adventures, throughout space and time.

Another thing...Doc Strange, I think, is a perfect model for how Jason ought to be written. Like his sister, he can be an adventurer! Give him two interesting travelling companions, a cool lair or condo, somewhere, and he's off to the races, without taking anything away from Diana. He should have his own cool situation that plays out, mostly, in other comics.

Prince Jason and the others need not crowd out every or every other issue of WW. For Jason, specifically, as with Huntress in the Bat-titles, I think much space should be given, between him and Diana, while visually or thematically pointing back to the WW-brand.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-14-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It's a meme! Worked pretty hard on it, too, ..and it brings us to another consideration...
    Doesn't a "meme" imply that's it's been spreading among a large number of people over the internet?

If you sent a picture to a few people but it hasn't gone further than that, isn't that more of a premature-meme/potential meme?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    He shouldn't. Next question please.

This.

10char

Doesn't a "meme" imply that's it's been spreading among a large number of people over the internet?

If you sent a picture to a few people but it hasn't gone further than that, isn't that more of a premature-meme/potential meme?
    Well, I used to call such things 'photomanipulations', but people don't seem to know what those are, anymore. You could also call it fan art, but that's typically an original work. If you check out the lower left, it reads, "THIS IS A PHOTOMANIPULATION. NOT A PUBLICATION." So, you're free to call it whatever you like.

Anyway, ..I think the best version of Prince Jason is a Doc Savage or Tom Strong adventurer type, as the photomanip shows him. He should exist, in his own cool situation, outside of the WW comic, occasionally dropping by for team-ups, like the Huntress or Steel, in their respective comics.

If we had to keep Jason ? Well this is how I'd do it

First of all throw out N52 version. He was an illusion yadda yadda, the core concept is workable though.

First though. He will NEVER be a long term villain (brainwashing etc is fine) "I hate my sibling" is so damn overdone its boring.

I'd have Jason be the diametric opposite of Diana. Diana is beautiful, powerful and a warrior. Jason is ugly, seemingly weak and frail with a noticable hunchback, maybe even missing an eye. This weakness and ugliness is seen as the result of a man being born/living on the island and its actually considered a more pleasant option thanks to Hippolytas favour (Ie: the gods didnt go full death because they like Hippolyta). Jason is no warrior. What he is however is a scholar and an amazing mage (on the island, Dr Fate etc beat him). However he's only "Book smart" and whilst actually embodying the amazon qualities of "Being a good person" isnt amazing at social situations. This avoids the "Man telling WW what to do" issue.

Essentially he's WWs nerdy indoorsy brother who showcases that just because you LOOK like an ugly evil wizard doesn't actually mean your one.

I envision him as a younger version of this...

jafar_old_man2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    If we had to keep Jason ? Well this is how I'd do it

First of all throw out N52 version. He was an illusion yadda yadda, the core concept is workable though.

First though. He will NEVER be a long term villain (brainwashing etc is fine) "I hate my sibling" is so damn overdone its boring.

I'd have Jason be the diametric opposite of Diana. Diana is beautiful, powerful and a warrior. Jason is ugly, seemingly weak and frail with a noticable hunchback, maybe even missing an eye. This weakness and ugliness is seen as the result of a man being born/living on the island and its actually considered a more pleasant option thanks to Hippolytas favour (Ie: the gods didnt go full death because they like Hippolyta). Jason is no warrior. What he is however is a scholar and an amazing mage (on the island, Dr Fate etc beat him). However he's only "Book smart" and whilst actually embodying the amazon qualities of "Being a good person" isnt amazing at social situations. This avoids the "Man telling WW what to do" issue.

Essentially he's WWs nerdy indoorsy brother who showcases that just because you LOOK like an ugly evil wizard doesn't actually mean your one.

I envision him as a younger version of this...

jafar_old_man2.jpg
    He can still be nerdy and indoorsy without physically crippling and deforming him to make him "lesser".

And posting a picture of Jafar in disguise REALLY isn't helping.

Really?!?

Can't help, but notice how much Doc Strange looks like Champion, from the Byrne run, on this cover. Even in his outdated uniform, he's so much cooler-looking, than Jason...

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-17-2019 at 03:32 AM.