Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The Ultimate Nullifier was used to rebuild the universe: that's a bit beyond Omega Beam level.
    Vey interesting. I was wondering how the two powers stacked up against one another. But I did not know that the Ultimate Nullifier can also create universes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Especially especially if my 'durability' is only boosted to Thor level, because PIS-off, Shuma-Gorath obliterates Thor in a heartbeat.
    A near-miss on my part. I originally had "Thanos-level willpower and durability," which I guess would have been closer to the mark.

It's something that can annihilate an entire universe if used correctly (not galaxy, but a hundred billion galaxies and all of the much-bigger space between them).
    It can annihilate a universe if used INcorrectly too. That's one of the big reasons Galactus used to keep it locked up with a big sign saying "No Seriously. Nobody touches this. Ever."

So, I actually have to DEFEND the universe?

Given the stakes, I'm going with the 'I Win' button, rather than the thing that might give me more if I do win. Especially if the threat is 'at least' Shuma-Gorath level of power. Especially especially if my 'durability' is only boosted to Thor level, because PIS-off, Shuma-Gorath obliterates Thor in a heartbeat.

This isn't a 'fight'. I can't let it be a fight. It's either I manage to get my one shot off and take whatever it is out, or I die.

If it's possible, I'll ambush the bugger.
    You'll probably get the drop on him.

Shuma-Gorath has a thing for drinking the spoiled milk of dead stars. Figure you can catch him with his pants down, while he's getting his drink on.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Given that his head is the intersection of his various limbs (?), it’d be easier to catch him if he had his pants UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Given that his head is the intersection of his various limbs (?), it’d be easier to catch him if he had his pants UP.
    No see, he wears multiple pairs of pants, one leg at a time. It's great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Mighty Member

The Ultimate Nullifier can do multiversal damage according to a Fantastic Four issue in the early 2000s.

If we assume the Nullifier's power is constant throughout the multiverse, then it's freaking broken as hell since Earth X showed Thanos using the Nullifier to kill Death. And that was him doing it on impulse.

Astonishing Member

Not canon but the Omegas have a spotted record against cosmics. Galactus sneered at them. Back in the DCU, Hal/Spectre said Ouch and vaporizeD Darkseid. DS came back with usual necessary for the Universe BS.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If it helps, at least one time or showed that people who were Nullified were reduced into colorless bodies and transported to the realm of Oblivion, the male aspect of Death. Most people were floating around unresponsively, except for Wendell Vaughn Quasar who had just arrived there after accidentally Nullifying himself, and that may have had something to do with the fact that the Quantum Bands mainline the power of Infinity, the female aspect of Eternity, and managed to let him actually mildly annoy Oblivion when he psycho crushered into Oblivion's "heart" and Quantum Jump to the real world (using a separated bead from the Bands as a target), but he was still in a Nullified body and not able to be perceived when he did that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Vey interesting. I was wondering how the two powers stacked up against one another. But I did not know that the Ultimate Nullifier can also create universes.

A near-miss on my part. I originally had "Thanos-level willpower and durability," which I guess would have been closer to the mark.
    Wouldn't make a difference in my response. Omega beams...they don't really have the heft to make up for the fact that a Shuma-Gorath (possibly '+') level opponent will grind down someone with Thanos-level durability. This is a fight for the universe, not a test; I'm going into it with the biggest gun I can get, regardless of what I 'win' afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You'll probably get the drop on him.

Shuma-Gorath has a thing for drinking the spoiled milk of dead stars. Figure you can catch him with his pants down, while he's getting his drink on.
    Okay, then I...

No see, he wears multiple pairs of pants, one leg at a time. It's great.
    ...never mind.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading stuff like this that makes me consider just how powerful Black Magic Strange became.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Reading stuff like this that makes me consider just how powerful Black Magic Strange became.
    Or how difficult it is to get refrigerators big enough to contain dead star milk.

I mean with how casually he tore apart that expy Super Team, I figured he was at least getting back to his old power levels (at least the Strange from the past ten years). Can only imagine how powerful the Classic Black Magic Strange, was.

Or how difficult it is to get refrigerators big enough to contain dead star milk.
    Well that's why it's spoiled milk. The [Elder]Gods can't create a refrigerator big enough. Thus proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that God(s) aren't omnipotent.

Arx Inosaan

Well that's why it's spoiled milk. The [Elder]Gods can't create a refrigerator big enough. Thus proving, without a shadow of a doubt, that God(s) aren't omnipotent.
    Question answered... :D

I mean with how casually he tore apart that expy Super Team, I figured he was at least getting back to his old power levels (at least the Strange from the past ten years). Can only imagine how powerful the Classic Black Magic Strange, was.
    That's a leading comment. I wonder if you did it on purpose? :D

Black Magic Strange at base level, with only the Wings of Needless Sorrow and his Cloak as artifacts, was eventually strong enough that Kaluu -- back when Kaluu was roughly in the ballpark of Classic Strange -- counted him as stronger. Strange and Kaluu travel to a dimension where, in Kaluu's words, the ambient power is so great that beings like Furnace Face and Mephisto would be like 'ants in a cathedral' if I remember correctly. The dimension itself is killing Kaluu, and he tells Strange to continue onward without him. He'll stay here and try to keep himself alive (he does, through shielding, meditation, and enormous effort).

Strange, visibly unimpaired, continues onward into even 'higher' dimensions.

He insta-powerjacks a chaoslord who is kicking his rear (like, casually; Strange basically says 'why would I fight your power when I can TAKE it?', and promptly does). Said chaoslord was sufficiently potent enough to allow Strange to then fight Shuma-Gorath directly in a magical duel. And by 'magical duel', I'm not talking about his duels with Dormammu where Strange is consistently on the defensive and struggling not to die instantly.

I'm talking about a half-issue of 'go one-on-one with Shuma-Gorath, fight evenly, and then use Shuma-Gorath's own voodoo effigy of the planet Earth -- coupled with his own power -- to flat-out blast Shuma-Gorath to pieces'.

He then absorbs Shuma-Gorath's power.

By that point, he's strong enough that Kaluu notes that Strange simply showing up in the Earth Dimension will obliterate multiple galaxies (just...arriving, nothing more) due to the release of power. This is upheld by the fact that Kaluu grabbing Strange by his shirt while trying to talk some sense into him instantly starts to kill Kaluu, such that in three words he's visibly crumpling.

BMStrange 1.jpg

Then Strange actually reacts to him, and Kaluu notes 'if he touches me again, I'll go like a leaf in a bonfire.'

So, the last stuff isn't actually the regular power of Black Magic Strange, but it shows his ultimate capacity. Dude is potent enough to manage just fine in places where the ambient energies are wrecking Kaluu. He's tricky/skilled/powerful enough to instantly steal the power of beings who rule these kinds of dimensions, beings who are powerful enough that his stealing of their power allows him to go toe-to-toe with Shuma-Gorath. And from there, he's perfectly fine stealing Shuma-Gorath's power and adding it on top. People like to talk about Classic Strange and 'Avatar of Eternity', but that was contingent on Eternity granting the power to Strange.

This was Strange TAKING this level of power.

I'm of the opinion that Black Magic Strange is likely the most potent version of the character, if given time to prep. But it comes with a cost, both to himself and those around him (and sometimes innocents).

This was the late 80's, so...grim and gritty had started. But it was handled in a way that wasn't 'cool' -- Strange struggled with Black Magic, and its use causing the deaths and suffering of beings around him wasn't presented as Edgelord Kewl™, it was something awful that he wanted to be rid of. And eventually was.

Also, I freaking loved the art, despite Strange's weird hair (got it when he stole Arioch's power -- basically 'merged' with him).

BM Strange 3.jpg

BM Strange 2.jpg

He actually grows bigger in the next few panels, such that he and SG can duke it out face to eye, so to speak.
    Why are we here?