Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ultimate Nullifier vs Omega Beams

You are chosen to defend our universe against an imminent cosmic threat. You know nothing about the threat except that it is at least Shuma-Gorath level.

For defense, you're boosted up to Thor-level willpower and durability.

For offense, you get a choice of empowerment. Either:

a) You are infused with the power of the Ultimate Nullifier, with full ability to control and utilize it.

b) You are infused with the power of Pre-Crisis Darkseid's Omega Beams, with full ability to control and utilize them.

After the battle, if you survive and save the universe, you get to keep the power, if you so desire.

Which do you choose?

Nullifier being used worries Galactus.

Gonna go with that one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

I don't know that even pre crisis darkseid had universe affecting/destroying powers so yeah the nullifier power it is. maybe a more contemporary power would be the power of anti life equation.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

The Ultimate Nullifier was used to rebuild the universe: that's a bit beyond Omega Beam level.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Full control over the Nullifier lets you freely create and manipulate matter and energy? If it's used to rebuild universes that seems like a possibility, otherwise I might go for the thing that lets you do all the random stuff that Darkseid's OE does (IIRC, the Omega Effect was used to create PC Validus? could be wrong on this), since actually erasing universes is not something I'm particularly interested in.

But yeah, Nullifier is still way more powerful in general, regardless of what else it lets you do.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It's basic role, in it's first appearance back in the early days of FF and Galactus, was that it would let you completely eliminate anything that you could completely understand. Someone like Reed, given info from a cheating Watcher, could therefore use it to wipe Galactus, with the downside that it was mutually assured destruction: the act of using it killed you too.

However, that all changed over time, and the UN has been used for lots of other stuff since, including the flat-out recreation of the universe by Reed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    (IIRC, the Omega Effect was used to create PC Validus? could be wrong on this)
    As I recall, I think Darkseid used the Omega Beams to shove Valdius through time to his current age. His power level was, I think, a result of his parentage rather than OE itself. Though there was something about him being "given a monstrous body," by his experiences...

It's a bit ambiguous how much of it is the OE versus Validus being a genetic freak.