Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I'm aware of your kinds expectations, that's why i said ''stop complaning'' and are you guys really that pathetic that you can't do without hope which spread by guys in spandex... lol
    It's actually more pathetic to ask stories rooted in children's myths to carry the weight of Film Noir so that the reader doesn't have to admit they still like fairy tales.

And if you're still reading superhero comics? You love fairy tales, no matter what literary pretentions under which you try to hide it.

All that said, there's room for superhero comics to get serious (ala Watchmen or "Born Again"). But every superhero comic need not walk that path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    You don't know what anyone is going through in their own personal lives. Why are you calling people for pathetic for wanting positive messages, seriously?
    Do you even read all my posts ? you don't even understand what i'm talking about...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It's actually more pathetic to ask stories rooted in children's myths to carry the weight of Film Noir so that the reader doesn't have to admit they still like fairy tales.

And if you're still reading superhero comics? You love fairy tales, no matter what literary pretentions under which you try to hide it.

All that said, there's room for superhero comics to get serious (ala Watchmen or "Born Again"). But every superhero comic need not walk that path.
    Are you talking about GRIM fairy tales... lol not american disneyified crap. The orginal fairy tales are very dark.

For example red riding hood...

They cut the belly of the wolf, take out grandma and then they fill it with stone and sow, then they throw the wolf to the river.... I mean this is metal dude... lol My mother told it to me every night... The little red riding hood... I loved it. lol It pretty much define my standarts... lol it builds character :P
    Last edited by Gurz; 06-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Are you talking about GRIM fairy tales... lol not american disneyified crap. The orginal fairy tales are very dark.

For examaple red riding hood...

They cut the belly of the wolf, take out grandma and then they fill it with stone and sow, then they throw the wolf to the river.... I mean this is metal dude... lol My mother told it to me every night... The little red riding hood... I loved it. lol It pretty much define my standarts... lol
    I referred to the American Disney-ized fairy tale.
    If you genuinely expected something else out of The Big Two Comics, there are two possibilities here:
    • You don't get it.
    • You're a troll

Neither requires a reply.

Retired

You should read STRUWWELPETER by Heinrich Hoffmann--on second thought don't, it might give you ideas. Children's tales all around the world were frightening--meant to scare kids into doing what they're told. That doesn't mean they were depressing. Kids like to be scared--it gives them a thrill. Not for all kids and not everything has the same effect. But real horror is fun. If you're not having fun with it, then you're doing it wrong. Kids loved E.C. horror comics, even though their parents thought they were bad for them--but kids understood that this was good stuff.

BANNED

Not just a reply to you, i feel the need to say that i don't expect the amount of gore from red riding hood in DC or Marvel... But They can do a killing joke level story once in while to keep me interested... I don't read much DC or Marvel anyway... I have my beloved Berserk Manga.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I can dig not liking his work, but what makes it 'dark and depressing'?
    It's just how Final Crisis tried to showcase the day that Darkseid won and how it affected the overall multiverse or the push of his overall Batman storyline and proving how Batman is the best and needed throughout time and space.

Retired

The two deaths in FINAL CRISIS and "Batman R.I.P." left me confused. When'd he die, did he die? It was so hard to figure out wha'hoppen, that it carried no emotional weight.

Do you even read all my posts ? you don't even understand what i'm talking about...
    Does it matter if I did or didn't? I was replying to the one I meant to, not all your posts. Explain what you mean then if I don't seem to get it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I always wanted a version of Cyborg where he's happy with his cybernetics at first (or he asks for them and that's why he's happy with them.)