Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    All accounts I heard give COIE about 3 years planning time. It's worth noticing that it was also completely uncharted territory back then: both as a line wide event and a reboot.
    I read it was five. Even with all that lead-time, the reboot still hit many snags.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The New 52's lack of planning is proof that any reboot would need to be contained to a smaller line, at least at first.
    Otherwise, DC would have to stop production of their monthly comics for a while to properly plan a new continuity, which is obviously not a good financial decision.
    That's why the Ultimate Universe worked for so long. They have few creators woring on it and taking their time on developing the new world,
    It eventually didn't last because the UU started getting old and having its own baggage.
    DC could try and avoid that by picking a different scheduling system and a seasonal format that made stories accessible to new readers with the start of every new arc.
    No you wouldn't.

What you could do was just do one issue stories on all titles. Just tell stories and not worry about this or that.

Meanwhile work on a reboot that would cover EVERYTHING including guys like Tim, Damian and all the POC who would be screwed over with a day one start for everybody.

INSTEAD of wasting times with a comic do an online guide that explains EVERYTHING and how this and that happened.

You want to know-read that. That is your guide with references to whatever trades that story might be in.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    INSTEAD of wasting times with a comic do an online guide that explains EVERYTHING and how this and that happened.

You want to know-read that. That is your guide with references to whatever trades that story might be in.
    1. People want to read stories, not a guide.

2. References with trades to stories shouldn't work in a reboot because things are different now. It'd be like New52 using Zero Year as the origin story, but instead of actually creating that comic they made a bulletpoints outline of it online and then told everyone to read the golden age Detective Comics issue that introduced Batman.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I read it was five. Even with all that lead-time, the reboot still hit many snags.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, with all of that time, it should have been smooth sailing. Yet, it wasn't.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No you wouldn't.

What you could do was just do one issue stories on all titles. Just tell stories and not worry about this or that.

Meanwhile work on a reboot that would cover EVERYTHING including guys like Tim, Damian and all the POC who would be screwed over with a day one start for everybody.

Seriously? They are comic company and they should make their fans read guides instead of their own products? Doesn't sound like the best business solution...

Not as many as you think, since I see a lot of people actually wishing that Barbara had remained as Oracle because it made her a more interesting character.
    Not the same thing. Barbara being Oracle was interesting to me. I hate her being de-aged and taken back to Batgirl. Not because I thought Batgirl was less interesting, but because I like growing older/up (bitter about Dick's de-aging, too). I very much like Barbara as someone who was already fully grown and done with college before donning a cape. However, I like her paralysis undone (I know a lot don't) because I don't think she loses anything as a character that way. Also, because it makes sense with the technology we've seen in universe. And the horrible double standard where when Bruce's back was broken or Damian paralyzed, they were allowed to heal again and she wasn't.

After healing/implant, she can still all she did before, and now do action stuff, too. But even if you keep her Oracle, you can get her there a different way. It's the method of Killing Joke that's the problem. She didn't get hurt as a hero. Hell, they specifically took away her hero credentials beforehand. She was nothing but tool to further the suffering of other characters. She had no agency and no heroism. She was treated like trash in that story, it's just that others writers salvaged it (by admittedly creating a role for her that was never needed before, when everyone handled their own intel and hacking). She could be paralyzed while acting the hero, that would be much better. It would be written as her story and not just not just happened to her as part of Jim/Bruce's.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-22-2019 at 06:13 AM.