Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like Damian, but I never would have given Bruce a biological child - you can see how it's resulted in the "demotion" of the other people he raised in some people's minds (not most fans, but still). The one "son" and then the others that aren't as important him. There was a particular N52 issue that really bugged me on this. Especially if he can grow up to be Batman and others can't. I actually don't want any of them to (rather they forge their own identities), but if the bio kid can and the adopted kids can't, it's kind of "eww." I still have bad feelings about how Batman Beyond cartoon handled that (I actually hate pretty much everything that one did with current characters, but especially with hooking up Bruce and Barbara and turning Tim into Joker). The adopted kids just weren't up to snuff, and when he found someone who was, it turned out that was his bio kid, his real legacy. I wouldn't want Damian to stop existing (like I said, I like him, at least once he got more decent to people), but there is a can of worms there to me.
    See, thats a misconception. It only resulted in a perceived demotion of the others that some fans wanted Bruce to have raised. But the kid Bruce truly did raise actually benefited from Damian’s introduction. I think that’s one of the reasons you see an overlap with Dick fans and Damian fans. They actually compliment one another, where the others don’t really, and it’s with them that Damian is perceived as a threat.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-18-2019 at 05:40 PM.