Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I just want to clarify that when I said a blood son ran the risk others getting demoted, I mean demoted within the family-view and the connection to Bruce and Batman, not in terms of attention from DC, own books, etc. I meant in demoted as Bruce's kids in the emotional sense from writers, particularly, but also from some fans.
    Then surely that is down to the individual fans and their bad world view.

I don't view Blood as being better. That is what the batfamily is all about. The notion that family is about more than blood.

Damian was rejected by his Blood. The person who took him in and made him family was Bruce's 1st son/family. His adopted son/ward Dick Grayson.

The first kid Bruce took in and called family was the one who took in Damian and made him family while Bruce his biological father rejected him and sent him packing.

Damian looks to and cares for Grayson as much as he cares for his father and Grayson loves him like a son. Bruce 100% has a special place for Grayson that he doesn't have for the other, not even Damian.
    If someone wants to interpret thing's otherwise then that's their problem and it's more to do with their ideals than what is written in canon.

as for writers I just gave you a story that's on going at the moment where Dick [or Selina] is the most important. In Metal Synder made his children plural his hope and reason for fighting.

We are all responsible for our opinions and feelings. If anyone feels that blood ranks higher emotionally then they need to look inwards. Blood doesn't have to mean demotion and doesn't in the case of the Synder and King. " out of the the 3 batman writers since his introduction.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Jason bock has untill recently been a team book, and at least at the moment sales for Red Hood: Outlaw and Adventures of the Super Sons are roughly equal.
    And what were the sales the month Supersons was cancelled and jason still got to keep his book? What are the Sales figures between damian's TT and RHATO [Damian is carrying 2 titles mate]

What about Robin Son of Batman? That got cancelled at a point where it was selling more than Jason's title which is still going. If the blood son can't keep his title going even while sales are good but the adopted son keeps it going when sales are bad how is that been treated better?
    And what about my other questions? Do you not have an answer for them?

What has it got to do with Dick and Damian if writers treat Jay and Tim as 2nd rate? What does that have to do with blood?

Directly after the reboot Damian was in two books together with Bruce (Batman & Robin and Batman Inc.) and appeared iirc also in one story arc of the "third Batman book" (I have forgotten what it was called).

Tim barely appeared in the "Batman & Red Robin" issue (after Damians death), and didn't had any real team up with Bruce untill Rebirth. He had in the time frame between Flashpoint and Rebirth probably the least interaction with Bruce of any of the Batfamily members.
    And now after the conclusion of Tynions Run he seems to completly separated from the Batfamily again.
    Where do you normally find Robin Aahz?

Where did you find Tim when he was Robin?
    Dude enough with your double standards. It's called B&R why should anyone other than Batman and Robin appear in it? and tell me Do you think Damian was in B&R because he was Robin or because he was blood? Batman Inc had everyone so don't even dare bring that in.

What I find is that fans want unfair treatment Robin is Batman's sidekick yet fan's begrudge Damian being beside Batman why?

TIM WASN'T ROBIN HE WASN'T BATMAN'S SIDEKICK HE HAD LEFT TO JOIN THE TT JUST LIKE DICK BEFORE HIM. YET HE GOT TO BE IN THE BATMAN AND ROBIN AND BATMAN INC.

Anyway getting back on point what the hell does Robin being in Batman books have to do with blood?
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2019 at 04:36 AM.

At least I had often the perception that some writers treat Tim and Jason as second rate Robins.
    And Tim has really been massively demoted in comparison to pre flashpoint. He hasn't had a solo book since then, and he had barely any interaction with Bruce until Rebirth.
    What has that got to do with Damian?

Tim had other books does he have to have a solo? Where does it say Tim Drake has to have a solo? What has any of that got to do with Damian? The fact that writers didn't use him is nothing unique or strange. Synder didn't use damian, King isn't using Damian, Tynion didn't use Damian and he's not just Bruce underage son but also Robin his official sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Where do you normally find Robin Aahz?

Where did you find Tim when he was Robin?
    Dude enough with your double standards. It's called B&R why should anyone other than Batman and Robin appear in it? and tell me Do you think Damian was in B&R because he was Robin or because he was blood? Batman Inc had everyone so don't even dare bring that in.

What I find is that fans want unfair treatment Robin is Batman's sidekick yet fan's begrudge Damian being beside Batman why?

TIM WASN'T ROBIN HE WASN'T BATMAN'S SIDEKICK HE HAD LEFT TO JOIN THE TT JUST LIKE DICK BEFORE HIM. YET HE GOT TO BE IN THE BATMAN AND ROBIN AND BATMAN INC.

Anyway getting back on point what the hell does Robin being in Batman books have to do with blood?
    Didn't you know Tim is special and deserves all the books. He should always be featured next to Batman even when he isn't a sidekick anymore or when he's off leading his own group.

He should also always have a solo title even though he was busy headlining BB that's not enough Give him a solo as Robin or RR as well.

Extraordinary Member

@dietrich

You claimed that Damian had less interaction with Bruce, then Tim had after the reboot. And that's simply not true.
    That migh have more to do with Damian beeing Robin over him being the blood son, but it still doesn't change that Tim got completely side lined after the reboot. Dick (who was also not Robin and had a solo) and Damian had some major appearances along site Batman, Tim didn't.

And while Tim appeared in several issues of Inc., he was for the most part just in the background while Damian co stared several issues.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

If adoption is considered a demotion from that point of view then Tim was already demoted right from the start seeing as he had a parent in direct contradiction to what made him so special and better by DC's own words.

Proving that it's all in the minds of fans. Not to mention that this started when they were all still adopted.

Again I say it. Not blood Dick and Jason have their own titles whereas blood Damian doesn't [despite Damian sales being better than Jason's]
    Blood Damian hasn't been in a title or under use by the bat office despite being blood and being robin that role/privilege went to not blood not adopted Duke and Tim.

I will say that projects like Supersons and Son of batman are a result of Damian being the blood son. I do also get the notion that proximity to batman brings privileges as well as being the current Robin. A lot of fans confuse the privileges that come with Robin with being blood.

Tim lost privileges when he stopped being Robin [nothing to do with his DNA]. Ironically Damian has been denied some privileges of been Robin.
    What did DC say about Tim?

The Robin thing is true, but I don't think the blood son thing is confusion because fans weren't angry about blood son thing before the reboot, even when Damian's already a Robin at that time, because there wasn't as much focus on there being blood or not.

Fans were angry that Tim is ousted as Robin, but the anger was more about Robin.

But once they rebooted (new 52), DC gave Damian Batman and Robin where the focus is being the blood son and Bruce acts like he never raised a kid before. Then comes the mini Damian Son of Batman, Robin Son of Batman the animation and Robin Son of Batman comic.

In comparison, Tim's series was never referred to as Robin Son of Batman, even when he's adopted, proving that DC does differentiate between blood son and not.

At the same time to all of that Son of Batman promo, the adoption status for the others is unclear. Dick was the only one mentioned to be adopted but it's only on one panel in his first issue that a lot of people including New 52 readers forgot about it. Then there's the 5-year timeline that limits each Robin to a year except Damian who's the current Robin, which in New 52 makes Damian the longest running Robin. This further fuel the perception that DC just wants to promote Damian and discount everyone else.

Now as you said, Damian's been denied the privilege of Robin since Rebirth. I don't know exactly why, but I think it's because the DC editorial no longer enforcing direction as they did in New 52, beyond the baseline setup by Geoff Johns, so the writers just do what they prefer.

Super Sons were supposed to launch early with Rebirth but got delayed. That's the only DC mandated series with Damian The Son status, which, during New 52 they never have two ongoing Damian The Son focus going on at the same time. So it's consistent.

So King did his own thing, Snyder already said he doesn't like to write Damian so he continues to do so, Tynion focused on bringing back Tim's connection to the Batfam. Seeley, Tomasi, and Gleason still want to write them, but their main job is to write Nightwing and Superman blood family respectively, so they're limited. Tomasi can only write Damian in Super Sons until Tomasi returns to Detective Comics.

Then there's Teen Titans, where to justify Damian's inclusion, they make it like Damian never had friends beyond one mention of Dick while Bruce is a nonexistent father, ignoring everything else that came before, and during, since Seeley write Bruce as a good father to Damian at the same time.

Oh and Damian's inclusion in Teen Titans was caused by his inclusion in the New 52 animation movies, so this time, the Damian promo backfired unexpectedly.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2019 at 05:00 AM.

@dietrich

You claimed that Damian had less interaction with Bruce, then Tim had after the reboot. And that's simply not true.
    That migh have more to do with Damian beeing Robin over him being the blood son, but it still doesn't change that Tim got completely side lined after the reboot. Dick (who was also not Robin and had a solo) and Damian had some major appearances along site Batman, Tim didn't.

And while Tim appeared in several issues of Inc., he was for the most part just in the background while Damian co stared several issues.
    Then i should have made it clear AS THE CURRENT ROBIN he has had less interaction with Bruce and if we were to count single issues Actually you might fond that Tim has had more interaction with Bruce. because you are forgetting BRE and ETERNAL.

Nope Tim did not get sidelined. Could you point out to me how much Tim should be used and where DC set those guidelines out? You don't decide the measure for sidelined and i wouldn't consider someone who had BB, TT and BRE and others as sidelined. Your error is in comparing RR to Robin. Those Roles are not the same.

It's like comparing Orphan to batgirl they are not the same. If Batgirl was utilised like Orphan one might argue that Batgirl has been sideline because Batgirl is a featured much more than Orphan.

Robin like Batgirl is more high profile and featured more than RR so Tim as RR wasn't sidelined. You just expect him to be used in the same capacity as Robin which is not feasible because RR isn't robin.

If you suspect that Damian's use was more to do with him being Robin then what are you debating about then?
    RR isn't Robin and it isn't Dick Grayson or are you now somehow saying that because Dick had a solo so should RR. Dick got a solo because he's Dick freaking Grayson. next you'll be complaining that Batman got a solo and Tim didn't.

This fan pettiness really is frustrating.

Fans need to suck it up. You always complain that Dick and damian get better treatment well so? Writers have their preferences and a lot of it due to Damian is Robin and Dick is Dick Grayson.

Dick is the most important and iconic sidekick in all of comics. He is one of DC's most valuable IPs. One of DC's oldest properties and he has been with batman since a year into publication.

Every other Robin is 3rd rate compared to him honestly speaking. Dick is batman's most trusted allies and the 2nd most important character in the batverse so of course he gets priority.
    Damian is the current official Robin so by default he gets to be featured in a lot of batman stuff. That I'm sure is part of the reasons why writers prefer to use them and that is expected and fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    What did DC say about Tim?

The Robin thing is true, but I don't think the blood son thing is confusion because fans weren't angry about blood son thing before the reboot, even when Damian's already a Robin at that time, because there wasn't as much focus on there being blood or not.

Fans were angry that Tim is ousted as Robin, but the anger was more about Robin.

But once they rebooted (new 52), DC gave Damian Batman and Robin where the focus is being the blood son and Bruce acts like he never raised a kid before. Then comes the mini Damian Son of Batman, Robin Son of Batman the animation and Robin Son of Batman comic.

In comparison, Tim's series was never referred to as Robin Son of Batman, even when he's adopted, proving that DC does differentiate between blood son and not.

At the same time to all of that Son of Batman promo, the adoption status for the others is unclear. Dick was the only one mentioned to be adopted but it's only on one panel in his first issue that a lot of people including New 52 readers forgot about it. Then there's the 5-year timeline that limits each Robin to a year except Damian who's the current Robin, which in New 52 makes Damian the longest running Robin. This further fuel the perception that DC just wants to promote Damian and discount everyone else.

Now as you said, Damian's been denied the privilege of Robin since Rebirth. I don't know exactly why, but I think it's because the DC editorial no longer enforcing direction as they did in New 52, beyond the baseline setup by Geoff Johns, so the writers just do what they prefer.

Super Sons were supposed to launch early with Rebirth but got delayed. That's the only DC mandated series with Damian The Son status, which, during New 52 they never have two ongoing Damian The Son focus going on at the same time. So it's consistent.

So King did his own thing, Snyder already said he doesn't like to write Damian so he continues to do so, Tynion focused on bringing back Tim's connection to the Batfam. Seeley, Tomasi, and Gleason still want to write them, but their main job is to write Nightwing and Superman blood family respectively, so they're limited. Tomasi can only write Damian in Super Sons until Tomasi returns to Detective Comics.

Then there's Teen Titans, where to justify Damian's inclusion, they make it like Damian never had friends beyond one mention of Dick while Bruce is a nonexistent father, ignoring everything else that came before, and during, since Seeley write Bruce as a good father to Damian at the same time.

Oh and Damian's inclusion in Teen Titans was caused by his inclusion in the New 52 animation movies, so this time, the Damian promo backfired unexpectedly.
    Wolfman said that dick was boring so to make the new Robin exciting and interesting he was going to have parents. That was far more interesting instead of yet another orphan.

Did you miss the part where i said that the Supersons and son of batman might have been due to blood?

Fans were angry about the blood son thing even before Batman and Son came out. From the time they heard the rumours that Morrison might be introducing a blood son for batman they lost their ****. in particular Tim fans [Tim just having being adopted] and catwoman fans [helena kyle just having been revealed to be Sam's kid not batman's] Comicbloc forums still has archives from that time and 90% of fans were hating on a blood child even before he arrived. That hate carried on. Partnering him with Dick helped but the hate for Damian just because he was blood was here even before anyone read him.

By your logic Duke as the very 1st kids Bruce met means that DC was looking to promote Duke at the expense of everyone right? It couldn't be that Damian and jason had their time not slashed because they barely had any time with the family? Damian being the longest Robin if that is indeed true doesn't make him the longest serving ally Dick and Tim still had been with the family longer. Considering that in the new 52 Damian was exiled from the batbooks and Duke was Bruce's oldest ally and a creation of the main batwriter then I believe your assumptions are 100% wrong.

not to mention that Damian was killed off in the new52 and DC wanted to keep him dead in favour of duke. It took an email from WB to save Damian. So I know your assumption's are incorrect. DC wanted Duke to be Robin not Damian. This was confirmed by Synder. [ this is all on the old Damian appreciation thread]

Damian has been denied the privilege of Robin since the new 52 not Rebirth again. we know why. see above.

Damian's inclusion in TT I'm guessing was to do with the fact that he is Robin. The OG3 inclusion one can assume was to do with the fact that they were in the animated series which backfired because people wanted them with their agemates not hand me downs to Damian.

It's interesting to me that the two character that were nearly removed in the new52 are the ones some claim get special treatment. Yep Ric sure feels like special treatment as does DC wanting Damian to remain dead and gone and even when they brought him back [because they were made to] they exiled him from the Batbooks and the batman office.

Damian who according to Priest and Orlando they had to put in special requests in order to use the character [they were denied a few times which is why Damian wasn't in Defiant and wasn't in batman/Shadow only appearing in Shadow/Batman ] because he was off limits.

It is clear that what is going on behind the scenes is very different from what fans assume.

Extraordinary Member

Then i should have made it clear AS THE CURRENT ROBIN he has had less interaction with Bruce and if we were to count single issues Actually you might fond that Tim has had more interaction with Bruce. because you are forgetting BRE and ETERNAL.
    Bruce was not in BRE und in ETERNAL he was mostly is a side plot with no interaction with Bruce.

And if you compare it with pre flashpoint, he was defintally sidelined, even as Red Robin he was better interated in the Batfamily then post flashpoint.

And what do you mean by "AS THE CURRENT ROBIN"? Are you comparing Damians time as Robin with Tims time as Robin? Back in his days as Robin, Tim did also not appear that often in the main Batman books, and there were quite long periods (Knight Fall, large parts of No Man's Land,Tims time in Brentwood, Fugative, his time in Blüdhaven ...), were him and Bruce had no contract for an extended period of time.

Bruce was not in BRE und in ETERNAL he was mostly is a side plot with no interaction with Bruce.

And if you compare it with pre flashpoint, he was defintally sidelined, even as Red Robin he was better interated in the Batfamily then post flashpoint.

And what do you mean by "AS THE CURRENT ROBIN"? Are you comparing Damians time as Robin with Tims time as Robin? Back in his days as Robin, Tim did also not appear that often in the main Batman books, and there were quite long periods (Knight Fall, large parts of No Man's Land,Tims time in Brentwood, Fugative, his time in Blüdhaven ...), were him and Bruce had no contract for an extended period of time.
    Bruce was in BRE

I mean why would you expect Robin batman's official sidekick to have equal feature with a character that wasn't his sidekick. Why would you expect RR to be have time next to Batman?

You said that Tim wasn't given much time next to batman after Damian became Robin and i'm saying why should he? He was no longer Robin. Batman's official sidekick. DC isn't obligated to have RR next to batman.

I am comparing the official sidekick's [Robin/Damian] time next to batman to the random [RR/Tim].

RR is on par with Signal, Spoiler or Orphan they are Random sidekick not official sidekick so there is zero expectations for them to be featured next to batman.
    Do you understand me now?

Wolfman said that dick was boring so to make the new Robin exciting and interesting he was going to have parents. That was far more interesting instead of yet another orphan.

Did you miss the part where i said that the Supersons and son of batman might have been due to blood?

Fans were angry about the blood son thing even before Batman and Son came out. From the time they heard the rumours that Morrison might be introducing a blood son for batman they lost their ****. in particular Tim fans [Tim just having being adopted] and catwoman fans [helena kyle just having been revealed to be Sam's kid not batman's] Comicbloc forums still has archives from that time and 90% of fans were hating on a blood child even before he arrived. That hate carried on. Partnering him with Dick helped but the hate for Damian just because he was blood was here even before anyone read him.

By your logic Duke as the very 1st kids Bruce met means that DC was looking to promote Duke at the expense of everyone right? It couldn't be that Damian and jason had their time not slashed because they barely had any time with the family? Damian being the longest Robin if that is indeed true doesn't make him the longest serving ally Dick and Tim still had been with the family longer. Considering that in the new 52 Damian was exiled from the batbooks and Duke was Bruce's oldest ally and a creation of the main batwriter then I believe your assumptions are 100% wrong.

not to mention that Damian was killed off in the new52 and DC wanted to keep him dead in favour of duke. It took an email from WB to save Damian. So I know your assumption's are incorrect. DC wanted Duke to be Robin not Damian. This was confirmed by Synder. [ this is all on the old Damian appreciation thread]

Damian has been denied the privilege of Robin since the new 52 not Rebirth again. we know why. see above.

Damian's inclusion in TT I'm guessing was to do with the fact that he is Robin. The OG3 inclusion one can assume was to do with the fact that they were in the animated series which backfired because people wanted them with their agemates not hand me downs to Damian.

It's interesting to me that the two character that were nearly removed in the new52 are the ones some claim get special treatment. Yep Ric sure feels like special treatment as does DC wanting Damian to remain dead and gone and even when they brought him back [because they were made to] they exiled him from the Batbooks and the batman office.

Damian who according to Priest and Orlando they had to put in special requests in order to use the character [they were denied a few times which is why Damian wasn't in Defiant and wasn't in batman/Shadow only appearing in Shadow/Batman ] because he was off limits.

It is clear that what is going on behind the scenes is very different from what fans assume.
    I agree with Wolfman. The one who considers adoption is important are fans who like that. Some Tim fans don't like him losing his parents. I don't know about DC themselves.

I didn't miss it. I didn't understand why you think Damian didn't get Robin privilege so I lay it down.

Fans angry about blood son coming to make sense because they fear that DC is going to prioritize him over everyone.

I don't know about DC but the purpose of Snyder making him the first kid Bruce met was to put him in a position of importance. How much he will be featured at the expense of the other I don't know because he never made it be Robin.

So the reason you say Damian is denied Robin privilege in New 52 was that Morrison was already planning to kill him right from the beginning and DC wanted to replace him with Duke? But that eventually didn't happen, and when Damian came back, DC/WB continue to promote the Son of Batman thing.

That's what fans saw. Not what's behind the scene.

Agree about TT

About Ric, honestly, no clue what's happening there, probably Didio, but Dick does have a privilege. He's still one of the first Batfam characters they think about whenever there's a Batfam or even DCU event, he's got tv series and double shipping book. So as far as I know, aside from Didio, everyone pretty much like him.

I'm not gonna gauge who's more privileged between the Robins, there's too many media output. That's gonna take time.

Of course, fans are going to assume wrong, behind the scene is not public knowledge unless like Snyder they decided to say it in their interview. Even then not everyone read that. Interviews are not something a fan voluntarily look up unless they like the author or the subject of discussion is something they're interested.

The main thing fans pay attention that's all-encompassing is what DC put out in their ad, for example, BatCat marriage, the movies, Heroes in Crisis, and whatever event or new number #1 series they're promoting, or whatever news happening to their favorite characters.

Of course, if other fans like you give them the info and they don't listen, then yeah. Their fault.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I agree with Wolfman. The one who considers adoption is important are fans who like that. Some Tim fans don't like him losing his parents. I don't know about DC themselves.

I didn't miss it. I didn't understand why you think Damian didn't get Robin privilege so I lay it down.

Fans angry about blood son coming to make sense because they fear that DC is going to prioritize him over everyone.

I don't know about DC but the purpose of Snyder making him the first kid Bruce met was to put him in a position of importance. How much he will be featured at the expense of the other I don't know because he never made it be Robin.

So the reason you say Damian is denied Robin privilege in New 52 was that Morrison was already planning to kill him right from the beginning and DC wanted to replace him with Duke? But that eventually didn't happen, and when Damian came back, DC/WB continue to promote the Son of Batman thing.

That's what fans saw. Not what's behind the scene.

Agree about TT

About Ric, honestly, no clue what's happening there, probably Didio, but Dick does have a privilege. He's still one of the first Batfam characters they think about whenever there's a Batfam or even DCU event, he's got tv series and double shipping book. So as far as I know, aside from Didio, everyone pretty much like him.

I'm not gonna gauge who's more privileged between the Robins, there's too many media output. That's gonna take time.

Of course, fans are going to assume wrong, behind the scene is not public knowledge unless like Snyder they decided to say it in their interview. Even then not everyone read that. Interviews are not something a fan voluntarily look up unless they like the author or the subject of discussion is something they're interested.

The main thing fans pay attention that's all-encompassing is what DC put out in their ad, for example, BatCat marriage, the movies, Heroes in Crisis, and whatever event or new number #1 series they're promoting, or whatever news happening to their favorite characters.

Of course, if other fans like you give them the info and they don't listen, then yeah. Their fault.
    Nope the reason i said he was denied Robin privilege was because he wasn't bruce's partner from in the main books because synder didn't want to use him. He was uncomfortable using Damian though he was fine using Duke who he intended to replace Damian. because King and Tynion who have no qualms using kids also did not use him.

Promoting Son of Batman because he is the son of batman doesn't mean or say that the others are demoted It is merely a gimmick to sell the character. just like Jason is the one who will do what Batman isn't able to. It's just a tag line.

I am a fan. I saw that. Yet i still believe that dick who isn't a son means more to Bruce and has a stronger bond with Bruce. I am a fan and I think that Bruce is a shitty father especially to Damian.

i am a fan and I am able to recognise that calling a movie son of batman and yet not having said son in batman's books isn't much of anything just marketing.

I can not speak for the insecurities of fans. It's no one's problem but the fan that feels that Adoption is a Demotion but that's not what i feel that's not what DC or writers feels [simply promoting a book or a movie as son of doesn't mean that they value blood over adopting merely that this is the gimmick we will use to sell this character] that's not what the in canon stories tell us.

Tim did not have son of batman in the title because possibly it didn't occur to anyone or because it would have to read son of Jack Drake and Batman because that is who Tim is.

Being Robin has benefits
    Being the first and iconic like Dick has benefits
    Being the son has benefits
    Being the rouge has benefits

some of those might elevate some characters who hold that position but they don't demote adopted kids. Dick is adopted [I think] and he is the most important son there is.

It is petty when some fans feel the need to gauge character privilege or force others to do so. alas i've been forced into doing so on this thread.

Anyway i don't believe adoption is a demotion nor do i believe DC does if anything Comics favour adopted kids. If anyone does feel that Damian being biological kid elevates him then that's their issue. I'm bowing out.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Double post sorry.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Nope the reason i said he was denied Robin privilege was because he wasn't bruce's partner from in the main books because synder didn't want to use him. He was uncomfortable using Damian though he was fine using Duke who he intended to replace Damian. because King and Tynion who have no qualms using kids also did not use him.

Promoting Son of Batman because he is the son of batman doesn't mean or say that the others are demoted It is merely a gimmick to sell the character. just like Jason is the one who will do what Batman isn't able to. It's just a tag line.

I am a fan. I saw that. Yet i still believe that dick who isn't a son means more to Bruce and has a stronger bond with Bruce. I am a fan and I think that Bruce is a shitty father especially to Damian.

i am a fan and I am able to recognise that calling a movie son of batman and yet not having said son in batman's books isn't much of anything just marketing.

I can not speak for the insecurities of fans. It's no one's problem but the fan that feels that Adoption is a Demotion but that's not what i feel that's not what DC or writers feels [simply promoting a book or a movie as son of doesn't mean that they value blood over adopting merely that this is the gimmick we will use to sell this character] that's not what the in canon stories tell us.

Tim did not have son of batman in the title because possibly it didn't occur to anyone or because it would have to read son of Jack Drake and Batman because that is who Tim is.

Being Robin has benefits
    Being the first and iconic like Dick has benefits
    Being the son has benefits
    Being the rouge has benefits

some of those might elevate some characters who hold that position but they don't demote adopted kids. Dick is adopted [I think] and he is the most important son there is.
    Oh ok. Snyder said he's uncomfortable because he writes Batman on the scarier/violent side while Damian at that time was his son's age and he doesn't let his son read his Batman. I kinda just ignore it because Damian already has Batman and Robin.

The rest is a difference of interpretation so I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.