Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I may have just watched the Batman/TMNT film before making that post...

Fun film by the way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    - Strix is also gone (not sure if she counts)
    - Julia Pennyworth got at least pushed to the side line, and it is hard to tell what will happen with her now the Batwoman series has finished.
    - the Batman Inc. guys are also in limbo.

Honoestly after flashpoint the first steps should have been:
    - to reestablish the relations between the "surviving" Batfamily members
    - to bring Batwoman into the family
    - to have Jason rejoin the family (with way more focus and better coordination between the writers than it was done)
    - and after that they could have started to create new charcters
    Sorry but NO!!

-I personally DONT want Batwoman in the Family, she can stay outside and have her own title, but she doesnt fit in the Bat-Family and there are more interesting characters
    -Jason works MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better in his actual series, I like the Red Hood Series very much and I LOVE also ARTEMIS and BIZARRO in it-its actual one of DC best actual Series...I like Jason as the Outlaw and Artemis is next to Cassie my favorite Amazon...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry but NO!!

-I personally DONT want Batwoman in the Family, she can stay outside and have her own title, but she doesnt fit in the Bat-Family and there are more interesting characters
    But she is a blood-relative to Bruce . . .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But she is a blood-relative to Bruce . . .
    Yes, BUT she is actually a complete different character (raised as Soldier etc.) it was also seen as she fired the bullet to clayface...

I would rather see only Batman with Cassie (Damian with Super Sons and Teen Titans, Tim with Young Justice, Jason is Red Hood...) and sometimes with Harper and Stephanie,Damian and Tim...

Batwoman could operate alone and I was NEVER a fan of Signal and Batwing, Azrael was cool as Batman, BUT I am not a big fan of the actual one...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Sorry but NO!!

-Jason works MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better in his actual series, I like the Red Hood Series very much and I LOVE also ARTEMIS and BIZARRO in it-its actual one of DC best actual Series...I like Jason as the Outlaw and Artemis is next to Cassie my favorite Amazon...
    I was speaking about the situation directly post flashpoint, so basically in 2011.
    - I don't think it makes much sense to have a Batwoman and keep her separated from the rest of the family, and I don't think that she could carry a solo book on the long run with that connection. They should have either erased her with the reboot or made her a proper part of the family.
    - The thing is they brought Jason back in the family back than in Batman Inc. and DotF, it just didn't got much focus in those stories. He was just again part of it without much character development.

Because thats the way his pocket of the universe works. His stories allow for an unlimited amount of young protegees to be taken under his wing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

And he will not stop until every child in Gotham has become his!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    And he will not stop until every child in Gotham has become his!
    No, Gotham won't be enough, once Gotham is under is wing he will set his sights on Metropolis, then Central City, until everyone in the world is a Robin! ALL IS ROBIN, WE ARE ROBIN!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I’m curious what characters are classified as new family members.

Steph 1992
    Cass 1999
    Damien 2006

How long do these characters have to exist before they are established?
    Last edited by lucius121; 06-09-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Duke and Harper are definitely still counted as new.
    I think Damian is already counted as old now. He's definitely established. DC make sure everyone knows.

I think the reboot, the New 52 itself it's a good gauge on what's old and new

Now Luke can be counted as new, but he's also really quickly established as the techy Batman, following the previous Batwing.

Duke and Harper took longer to get established, to get an identity, even when Harper was created before Luke because they spent so much time as a civilian before getting an official costume.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-09-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    No, Gotham won't be enough, once Gotham is under is wing he will set his sights on Metropolis, then Central City, until everyone in the world is a Robin! ALL IS ROBIN, WE ARE ROBIN!
    I liked that series . . .

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Writer's create new ones for various reasons. As an example The Gothams were created by King for story purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I’m curious what characters are classified as new family members.

Steph 1992
    Cass 1999
    Damien 2006

How long do these characters have to exist before they are established?
    I think once you've been around consistently and have been relatively prominent for at least a decade you aren't really new anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I liked that series . . .

Same, it's the first full series I ever read, I've read better stories since but it'll always hold a special place in my heart.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Duke and Harper are definitely still counted as new.
    I think Damian is already counted as old now. He's definitely established. DC make sure everyone knows.

I think the reboot, the New 52 itself it's a good gauge on what's old and new

Now Luke can be counted as new, but he's also really quickly established as the techy Batman, following the previous Batwing.

Duke and Harper took longer to get established, to get an identity, even when Harper was created before Luke because they spent so much time as a civilian before getting an official costume.
    I agree with this school of thought. I would say Duke, Harper, Luke and (while I don't personally count her as a batfamily member. At the very least not yet) Gotham girl are the only new batfamily members.

currently following:

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Any love for Calvin Rose A.K.A. Talon?

I think he joined Batman Inc. during or just after his solo series. I miss him and Strix.

I miss David Zavimbe, the best Batwing, and where his character was going.

I love me some Harper Row as well.

When I think of the Bat Family I think in terms of groups. Who's a part of the nuclear group, who's a part of the extended group, and who are the satellite characters that can be considered family.

Bruce, Alfred, Dick, Babs, Jason, Tim, and Damien are the nuclear fam

Lucius Fox, James Gordon, Kate Kane, Luke Fox, Duke Thomas, Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, Selina Kyle to name a few are the extended fam

Jean-Paul Valley, Harper Row, Calvin Rose, Batman Inc, Dinah Lance, Helena Bertinelli, Zatanna, Katana, Black Lightning, etc. are the satellite members.

Not to mention the numerous villains, civilians, and other heroes that orbit Batman's Family. His universe is huge!

I love new characters, I love Batman and his family, and I would like to see it grow. Hopefully, some of my favorite's get focused attention from time to time.