Default Future State - What's Worth Reading?

I haven't read an ongoing DC title for a little while now, although I tend to roughly keep up with any big developments. I've been wanting to dip my toes back in and Future State looked like an interesting concept, but it's also quite a large event and I imagine it's probably hit and miss in terms of quality. With that in mind, I'm interested in recommendations as to which books are worth reading. The only book I'm definitely interested in right now is The Next Batman.

I think anybody can enjoy Wonder Woman FS (with Yara Flor) and Aquaman Future State. These are simple stories but with humurous personalities, action, great art, and fresh designs and concepts. They also showcase new characters and dynamics. From then on it depends on what interests you.

Superman Worlds of War issue 1 was pretty good but you would only enjoy it if you like the mythic side of Superman.

Immortal Wonder Woman had great art and a simple story, but I think you would like the normal post Future State Wonder Woman more. Wonder Woman 770 and 771 are by the same writing team and are fantastic.

Same deal with Future State Green lantern. Very solid writing but not the most compelling concept and the regular book post Future State by the same writer is more interesting to me.

Superman / Wonder Woman was also fun because of the Yara Flor dynamic and there was a fight with the artificial sun Solaris and a race with a sun god.

I liked reading Suicide Squad and it has a different dynamic from usual, but not a a lot of people on this forum read Suicide Squad.

Justice League Future State was also a normal level Justice League story, only with different protagonists.

Future State Dark Detective had great art and a solid story, but not very interesting to me.

Snap!

I hadn't read any new comics for many years but Future State caught my attention and so far I've purchased Dark Detective and Legion of Superheroes, which I chose based on the artwork.
    I plan to get Wonder Woman & Swamp Thing and was going to get Teen Titans (but the artwork is putting me off).

I wondered why DD was double the length of the other titles and it's because there is a back-up story, which I'm not really interested in.

I'm enjoying what I've read so far.

Swamp Thing - The best "one off" story, imo. It's set in a post-apocalyptic future and uses the genres clichés to its advantage.

Aquaman - Intriguing adventure. Introduces some cool concepts. It features Jackson Hyde & Andy Curry, who is the daughter of Arthur and Mera.

Wonder Woman - Energetic introduction of Yara Flor as the new Wonder Woman.

Catwoman - Train-heist with a few twists. Has a very dystopian feel to it.

Nightwing - Good character showcase. The Dick & Jace team-up is cool too.

The bat titles all tie together a little but can be read independently.

House of El - Story of Superman’s descendnets who have grown into their own fighting force, banding together in order to fight a threat that is poised to end the El dynasty once and for all

WW - Fun little adventure of Yara going into the Underworld to rescue a friend

Superman/WW - Jon & Yara team up to fight a sun god and Solaris

Swamp Thing - All the humans are seemingly dead and the plant people have inherited the Earth

Justice League - The next generation take over from their predecessors

Aquaman - Jackson Hyde and Andy (Arthur & Mera’s daughter) are trapped in a mystical/dimensional oceans that leaves them wandering different worlds

Superman: Worlds of War - About the legacy and impact of Superman as he fights to free slaves on Warworld

Those are some of my favorites
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd skip all of it and just start with the Infinite Frontier one-shot. But since that wasn't your question...

Swamp Thing
    Catwoman
    Superman: Worlds of War
    Wonder Woman
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES