Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    MHA: Where using self-defense is illegal and you should just let villains kill you!
    They DID hunt Stain down (well, Iida hunted Stain down, Izuku went looking for Iida and called Todoroki to help when he found Iida and Stain). Pretty sure its not self-defense if you go in search of the known serial killer.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    They DID hunt Stain down (well, Iida hunted Stain down, Izuku went looking for Iida and called Todoroki to help when he found Iida and Stain). Pretty sure its not self-defense if you go in search of the known serial killer.
    Considering he was about to murder someone else when Iida first got there? I'd argue for defense of others which just piles up when the others got there and stopped him from killing Iida and themselves.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Anyway back on topic!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    i am guessing he has increased greatly in power since the first few seasons in the anime, cause honestly i havent seen him do anything impressive.
    He has this fight from season 2, which is pretty cool. Though, it doesn't happen in the manga but it's all well within the abilities he has displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Mmmmmaybe? I don't feel too good about extending Shouto's AoE stuff too him, since they're not technically the same quirk, and we know Shouto's dual nature is giving him some ability to offset the negative consequences of his ice side, so it's probably true of his fire side too. I figure Endeavor probably CAN do some wide AoE stuff if he wants to, but without a lot of feats for it, I think the speed difference between him and Spider Man is going to be more than he can compensate for.
    I'd say that Endeavor can definitely do AoE stuff. The prominence burn attack that killed High End is fired from Endeavor's entire body and goes way up into the sky, and it only goes in that direction because Endeavor is actively trying to keep the collateral damage to a minimum. But even without the prominence burn he did slice the top of a large building to shreds in a matter of seconds in the same fight.

The main reason we see less AoE stuff from Endeavor than his sons is because he's more experienced than Shoto and unlike Dabi (who is totally the missing Touya Todoroki) Endeavor actually cares enough to at least to avoid collateral damage.

As for the fight. Spider-man's speed and experience should net him the win here, though it's not a curbstomp. He absolutely does not want to get hit by any fire blast and I imagine that Endeavor could easily burn through his webbing. Endeavor can also take a pretty big beating and keep ticking (High End slams him through multiple building and it doesn't knock him out), while at the same time he could burn Spidey's hands whenever he's punched. But none of that is enough to tag the wall crawler hard enough (especially with the no kill rule) to win the fight.

Doesn't Spider-man routinely troll Johnny Storm under similar stipulations?

Last edited by grampagen; 06-07-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Endeavor is an a-hole, In character, he will maim the crap out of the Spiderman. If Endeavor can hit him with flames I guarantee you it is going to be in enough hurt put him down. Watch Gran Trano and Endeavor vid above, Endeavor hit first Nomu with flames with F**cks given. Endeavor gives the feel that he would burn off a person's arm and cauterize right away and go see I didn't kill him. These guys are two different types of no kill

Under normal rules, I would favor Spiderman but clear Endeavor has a level of superstrength and durability.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

I actually forgot about the flame proof webbing. Depending on the upper limit of that vs Endeavor's output that could clinch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Would Endeavor not be willing to kill in character? Guy wasn't especially heroic for the number 2 hero.
    It definitely wouldn't be his opening move; he always scales his attacks to his opponents, and the only time he tried lethal force was against people that he otherwise couldn't put down.

Endeavor went insane in his personal life in his attempt to surpass All Might, but he's very much by-the-book as a hero; even people that rightfully hate him agree on that.

MHA: Where using self-defense is illegal even for heroes!
    Quirks are in-fact allowed in the case of self-defense. (Vol. 9 Omake)

What they got chewed out for against Stain was endangering themselves by confronting a serial killer in a non-official capacity, aka vigilantism.

Considering he was about to murder someone else when Iida first got there? I'd argue for defense of others which just piles up when the others got there and stopped him from killing Iida and themselves.
    That would only work if Ida wasn't deliberately intending to confront Stain. Actions are not removed from context; they literally bring up the defense of others argument in the manga, and the police chief rightfully points out that just because it turned out conveniently doesn't make it right.
    Last edited by Siriel; 06-08-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It definitely wouldn't be his opening move; he always scales his attacks to his opponents, and the only time he tried lethal force was against people that he otherwise couldn't put down.

Endeavor went insane in his personal life in his attempt to surpass All Might, but he's very much by-the-book as a hero; even people that rightfully hate him agree on that.

Quirks are in-fact allowed in the case of self-defense. (Vol. 9 Omake)

What they got chewed out for against Stain was endangering themselves by actively seeking out a serial killer in a non-official capacity, aka vigilantism.

That would only work if Ida randomly happened upon Stain, instead of actively seeking him out with the intent of confronting him. Actions are not removed from context.
    Fair enough. Thanks for the correction Siriel!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

How consistent is that? I'm certain I've seen people like Molten Man burn through the webbing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How consistent is that? I'm certain I've seen people like Molten Man burn through the webbing before.
    It says it's a new formula of webbing. Spiderman obviously designed it specifically for his dance with Jonny. I doubt it's currently still a thing, although time passes differently in comic land.