Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    How else can this end? The X Men all die only to get revived by Xavier on some planet in space?
    It's not my problem that Rosenberg has gotten himself a creative dead end by trying to be more grimdark than anyone and kill a character in each issue.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If all this concludes that in the end Elixir resurrects them all I think Rosenberg will be able to overcome Chuck Austen.
    I personally think that Austen was already overcome by Guggenheim, so Rosenberg still has a ways to go in my book if this happens.

Finally some answers.
    We thought Scott and the X-men were in a bad situation, but Emma is playing a way more complex and dangerous game. She's making a lot of hard choices.
    But I think she has a big plan. Why does she need Sinister?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Finally some answers.
    We thought Scott and the X-men were in a bad situation, but Emma is playing a way more complex and dangerous game. She's making a lot of hard choices.
    But I think she has a big plan. Why does she need Sinister?
    He is probably the greatest genetic expert on earth and a telepath without a bomb in his brain.

Sinister does not gain anything with an anti-mutant vaccine denying him genetic material to experiment.

No one that important has died, and with the franchise's massively bloated cast even the clumsy execution of these deaths is at least kinda addressing a problem (which is why it's a nasty medicine). Undoing that progress and wasting your emotional investment by just bringing everyone back no problemo should have people wanting refunds.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He is probably the greatest genetic expert on earth and a telepath without a bomb in his brain.

Sinister does not gain anything with an anti-mutant vaccine denying him genetic material to experiment.
    Yeah, I expect Emma wants Sinister to make a vaccine that will render the cure inert to every mutant on the planet.

That's an interesting thought. Kinda similar to the plan with Bastion during Mothervine.

Amazing Member

I have a bad feeling Marrow is Rosenberg’s next victim

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No one that important has died, and with the franchise's massively bloated cast even the clumsy execution of these deaths is at least kinda addressing a problem (which is why it's a nasty medicine). Undoing that progress and wasting your emotional investment by just bringing everyone back no problemo should have people wanting refunds.
    But we know that no one is gonna take the effort to actually make any of the X-Men care about these tragedies. If Anole, Trance, and Indra come back, I doubt any writer is gonna care enough to write a story about how Loa’s death really affected them. So far they’ve all been grouped in one huge thing and by the time Rosencanny starts over, Hickman’s dealing with a clean slate. Not to mention, there are far better ways to utilize cast members and slice them off from the X-Men. Quentin, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Dust, Doc Nemesis, and Prodigy can already realistically get an out by having joined other teams.

I think Hickman likes big casts and what bigger cast is there than the X-Men. The lack of care that went into them dying like Loa not even getting a scene or Chamber and Blindfold’s deaths not really making too much sense makes me think this was all written to get flipped on its head. Even when KYost had to permanently cull kids in New X-Men, care for character interactions and legacies went into their deaths. So I don’t know if that’s a testament to their writing or how we should consider the probability of a death being reversed.

The writing isn't great, and the plot isn't all that free flowing. But this Emma is morally grey, has a genuine reason behind her 'villainous' actions and is splitting to find the upper hand. I was surprised at the nuance, looks like us rejecting the reductive 'SHE'S EVIL!' narrative they tried to push have made an effort, and for that I'm glad. This Emma feels like a somewhat logical progression for Emma, whereas everything since Bendis has been a mess (and that's me giving A LOT to Bendis when the only reason she was tolerable is because he didn't really give her much to do for me to have anything to complain about)

But yes, I'll add my voice to the chorus as an Emma fan, HICKMAN SAVE US.

This was the problem with IvX it was missing Emma's perspective. Imagine all of Emma's actions here without her perspective that was IvX. I'm glad Emma wiped Scott's mind so he'd be safe. As she knows he wouldn't stop looking for her.l otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Emma just sold the x-men to stop being tortured. That is bad she should be willing to die to protect the x-men.

at least Anole is innocent here, poor kid.

Her love for Scott is pathetic, I understand is a way to make Emma simpathetic to the readers. But she is so dependent of him, often this is the only thing going on for her.

What the hell would her essentially committing suicide accomplish? Her rationale is that she can at least subvert Callahan and protect X-men. With her dead, he still goes after them. She got him to get off their backs so that they could handle mutant threats and buy her some time to come up with a viable solution.

I sort of agree with you on her feelings. Its been years since their breakup and it wasnt a good one. He had already rejected her and she went down a dark path when he died. For her sake, I would hope she would have moved on by now bc it isnt healthy to still be pining away for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This was the problem with IvX it was missing Emma's perspective. Imagine all of Emma's actions here without her perspective that was IvX. I'm glad Emma wiped Scott's mind so he'd be safe. As she knows he wouldn't stop looking for her.l otherwise.
    Emma was fine in IvX until the very end when she went completely bonkers. I dont think seeint it from her perspective would have made that ending work. It may have made her more sympathetic in some readers eyes, but what she did was still terrible. She is in pure survival mode here. There was some of that but IvX had her acting on vengeance
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-05-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Same could be said about Cyclops losing his eye. That should have been an action with lasting dramatic consequences, but it's almost certainly going to be backpedaled on. So I'm not convinced Rosenberg's literal clumsy executions should be expected to have any more staying power.

It is brave to think that a reader of the X-men can have an emotional investment in the senseless deaths of the characters.

Or in this story.

Fantastic Member

All the deaths are great. It's like when you have to just swallow some medicine that tastes really bad.
    And there it is. The truth.

Look, I'm sure I'll miss Rahne, Guido, Lefty, Chazz, Rizzo, and whoever the hell else died/dies. But this ship is sinking, not because of subpar creative teams, but because there's too many damn people on the boat. AU characters, clones, and the most boring of the new kids should be first to go.

All told, I'll miss a whopping two of these people.

Edit: I almost thought Jono's last words were gonna be: I can't believe my mom's car can fly.
    Last edited by magneticmushroom; 06-05-2019 at 09:09 AM.