Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Whoevrr said thr red and white boxes is Cyclops and Emma talking is right. Callaghan does not have the better hand in this card game. And Emma played him like a fiddle

Do you think we will remember Callaghan in two years? Rosenberg has been busy trying to make him the big thing and he's still completely flat and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Whoevrr said thr red and white boxes is Cyclops and Emma talking is right. Callaghan does not have the better hand in this card game. And Emma played him like a fiddle
    The game isn't over. He can just flick a switch and destroy Emma.

I... genuinely can't comprehend how anyone could possibly like this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Emma said she loved Scott. That is what I get

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you think we will remember Callaghan in two years? Rosenberg has been busy trying to make him the big thing and he's still completely flat and uninteresting.
    So are Creed & Mystique, but they still keep showing up. lol Lets see where it goes. Especially if Rosenberg gets a X-book to write during one of the Waves where he could very well continue using him. I imagine like Bunn, some writers will have that one character that they get to keep for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I keep mixing him up with zub wells general from new mutants v3

I feel the first thing you write on the Wattpad for a story called This is Forever is, in bold and underlined in a circle, " Do not undo consequences at the end," and that he's just not good at writing endings for characters. I mean, Cyclops is a literal cyclops is already hokey, but undoing everything? That undermines the entire story.

Which is why I still think it's very possible.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It sucks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The game isn't over. He can just flick a switch and destroy Emma.
    How does the vaccine work when she changes to diamond? The nanosentinels got destroyed when that happened in new X-Men.

Anyway Cassandra nova can be shipped off to the Avengers now

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I feel the first thing you write on the Wattpad for a story called This is Forever is, in bold and underlined in a circle, " Do not undo consequences at the end," and that he's just not good at writing endings for characters. I mean, Cyclops is a literal cyclops is already hokey, but undoing everything? That undermines the entire story.

Which is why I still think it's very possible.
    Also, this story doesn't have a great deal of gravitas to undermine, sad to say. The deaths come so fast and ridiculous that they're punchlines and betting pool fodder.

Fantastic Member

It answered a few questions, and gave us more of Sinister being far creepier than he was in the 80s/90s, and featured a bunch of many people's favorite character. Not to mention, pulled bits of continuity from Astonishing X-Men, NMS, and X-Men: Black together to weave a story.

My problems with it lie solely in the direction of "why the hell is there six different people between penciling and inking this thing?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What the hell would her essentially committing suicide accomplish? Her rationale is that she can at least subvert Callahan and protect X-men. With her dead, he still goes after them. She got him to get off their backs so that they could handle mutant threats and buy her some time to come up with a viable solution.

I sort of agree with you on her feelings. Its been years since their breakup and it wasnt a good one. He had already rejected her and she went down a dark path when he died. For her sake, I would hope she would have moved on by now bc it isnt healthy to still be pining away for him.

Emma was fine in IvX until the very end when she went completely bonkers. I dont think seeint it from her perspective would have made that ending work. It may have made her more sympathetic in some readers eyes, but what she did was still terrible. She is in pure survival mode here. There was some of that but IvX had her acting on vengeance
    If any other character had been in the same situation as Emma and made the choice she did would people be sympathetic and justifying their actions or would people be calling them race/gene traitors? Hank was working in New Atillan to find a cure for the m-pox virus and he was derided and called a traitor but Emma is getting a pass. Is Emma gonna use the "I was only following orders/he was going to kill me if I didn't do what he wanted excuse"? Which other character could get away with that. But I'm sure the answer is gonna be "she's playing the long game" right!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also, this story doesn't have a great deal of gravitas to undermine, sad to say. The deaths come so fast and ridiculous that they're punchlines and betting pool fodder.
    Exactly, it's not like we're going to say "Man, Chamber's resurrection has destroyed his iconic death."

The issue makes me wonder. Maybe Emma is faking their deaths ?