Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    I dropped the x-men at the end of the Bendis run. I've been reading a few things in recent weeks but, by god, extraordinary x-men and inhumans vs. x-men were horrendous. I also didn't like what I read in x-men gold and blue. I was happy with Jean Grey's return, though.
    I'm looking forward to Hickman's arrival, but first I thought about reading Rosenberg's x-men.
    The quality of x-men titles has deteriorated significantly in recent years, and from what you're saying, it's better to wait for Hickman.

Yes, I like the dynamics between them. It's fun.

Oh no, actually i like almost every x-men, but apparently, these three are the highlights of this book, right?
    Anyway, thank you guys.
    Personally, I think now would be the best time to start Rosenberg's run. He doesn't have the characterization down pat but I definitely think he's telling a good compact story. It's starting to wrap up and when read altogether I think it will be looked upon favourably.

Also, I find it much greater than what AoXM is offering. The level of discussion for Uncanny (good or bad) is proof, whereas AoXM is kinda meh.
    Last edited by Frostberg; 06-08-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostberg View Post
    Personally, I think now would be the best time to start Rosenberg's run. He doesn't have the characterization down pat but I definitely think he's telling a good compact story. It's starting to wrap up and when read altogether I think it will be looked upon favourably.

Also, I find it much greater than what AoXM is offering. The level of discussion for Uncanny (good or bad) is proof, whereas AoXM is kinda meh.
    I do agree, I like Uncanny and X-Force more than AoXM. Both books are really depressing though, it feels like all hope has gone. I suppose that's the whole point of Extermination and Disassembled this year, it was to put everyone in very dire circumstances and a state of hopelessness. Heck, even Kid Cable is pretty much unable to act in the last few issues of X-Force and may possibly die from the TO-virus. At this point Rachel is going to have to save her brother if she wakes up first.

I am hoping that the X-Men start to realize that Emma has been struggling to protect them the entire time. I also hope that she comes out of this with the opportunity to take down Callahan herself, I think she's earned that.

I would say that Uncanny X-Men is bad because too much nonsense happens at too much speed and Age of X-Man is bad because nothing happens.

If they were merged, maybe we would have a mediocre comic.

I still don’t get the “Age of X-Man isn’t doing anything.” I don’t know why anyone would be saying that unless they haven’t been reading the issues. Amazing Nightcrawler just revealed the mastermind behind the Mystique/Nightcrawler/Tenia thing, X-Tremists just had a bunch of the cast wake up from X-Man’s meddling etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I still don’t get the “Age of X-Man isn’t doing anything.” I don’t know why anyone would be saying that unless they haven’t been reading the issues. Amazing Nightcrawler just revealed the mastermind behind the Mystique/Nightcrawler/Tenia thing, X-Tremists just had a bunch of the cast wake up from X-Man’s meddling etc etc.
    The overall plot for the event is boring. That's why people are saying that. Your entire argument is that things are happening in the event. Well, yeah. it's progressing, but the whole thing is just absolute nothingness in the wake of the newer X-Men news. It's fine if you like the event, but to be confused as to why there's a demographic of readers who don't is silly.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm only reading marvelous but from what i read on the spoilers threads of other books, it feels like all the books essentially share the same topic "love is forbiden/good" and just try to execute it differently. They feel redundant and boring to me. I even find Marvelous boring and only read it because Jean is there.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The overall plot for the event is boring. That's why people are saying that. Your entire argument is that things are happening in the event. Well, yeah. it's progressing, but the whole thing is just absolute nothingness in the wake of the newer X-Men news. It's fine if you like the event, but to be confused as to why there's a demographic of readers who don't is silly.
    The excuse keeps moving around. Is it because it’s boring, is it because nothing is happening, is it because it’s all useless once Hickman comes on board? Whether or not Hickman has plans to include this down the line shouldn’t affect how you read the event. There are many X-events that are basically useless now or have, for the most part, been largely reversed. Just because you find it boring doesn’t make it a badly-written event. It’s fine if you don’t think it’s for you, but is it everyday “ughhh Age of X-Man is soooo boring” on every thread? It’s tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I'm only reading marvelous but from what i read on the spoilers threads of other books, it feels like all the books essentially share the same topic "love is forbiden/good" and just try to execute it differently. They feel redundant and boring to me. I even find Marvelous boring and only read it because Jean is there.
    That’s wildly oversimplifying things. The overarching theme is that love is outlawed, but that doesn’t mean every title is going through the same thing. Even reading solicits from different books should tell you that.

The excuse keeps moving around. Is it because it’s boring, is it because nothing is happening, is it because it’s all useless once Hickman comes on board? Whether or not Hickman has plans to include this down the line shouldn’t affect how you read the event. There are many X-events that are basically useless now or have, for the most part, been largely reversed. Just because you find it boring doesn’t make it a badly-written event. It’s fine if you don’t think it’s for you, but is it everyday “ughhh Age of X-Man is soooo boring” on every thread? It’s tiresome.
    It just seems like a a ridiculous battle to have if people are voicing their disdain for the books. If it's really in every thread as you say, it seems like that'd be more reflective of the general CBR userbases' thoughts on the event. I suppose there could be an Age of X-Man thread to discuss it so it stays out of these threads.

That’s wildly oversimplifying things. The overarching theme is that love is outlawed, but that doesn’t mean every title is going through the same thing. Even reading solicits from different books should tell you that.

Of course, but that is the impression it gives to me. I can only speak for myself, I could be totally wrong but from what I read here it doesn't interest me.

It is not that the books are badly written or anything like that, just some times people don't feel interested.
    If you like it good, I'm happy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It just seems like a a ridiculous battle to have if people are voicing their disdain for the books. If it's really in every thread as you say, it seems like that'd be more reflective of the general CBR userbases' thoughts on the event. I suppose there could be an Age of X-Man thread to discuss it so it stays out of these threads.
    No, my point wasn’t that everyone is talking about it in different threads. That it’s a few users in nearly every thread who have the same talking points despite it never making sense. Something about repeatedly calling a book ‘boring’ or the worst thing in existence because they don’t like the writer for some reason when it’s clear as day that they haven’t actually read it is exhausting.

No, my point wasn’t that everyone is talking about it in different threads. That it’s a few users in nearly every thread who have the same talking points despite it never making sense. Something about repeatedly calling a book ‘boring’ or the worst thing in existence because they don’t like the writer for some reason when it’s clear as day that they haven’t actually read it is exhausting.
    If i offended you in any way, i apologize. It really wasn't my intention, these books certainly have good things, not of everybody liking but nothing is.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If i offended you in any way, i apologize. It really wasn't my intention, these books certainly have good things, not of everybody liking but nothing is.
    lol you don’t have to apologize for anything. by all means, keep posting whatever you want to post. I was just saying this all in defense of AOXM and the creators working on it.

Amazing Nightcrawler is my favorite of the books actually. I loved finding out that Nate was forcing the Cuckoos to be his through police in Hollywood. You could even see that the girls didn't like that they were being forced to do this.

I started off by reading all of the mini series. Right now I read only NextGen. I thought the premise was great actually but it never went beyond that initial hook and it did feel a bit repetitive. Just a personal opinion, I'm sure loads of people love the books.

AoXM and Uncanny are both ultimately stopgap books, aren't they? I think most people are picking up one or the other based on the characters present and less because of their premises.