Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-men 19 [LGY 641] review *spoilers*

Issue starts off months ago. Emma and Vanisher watches the X-men fight sentinels. She makes it clear that HFC and the X-men handle things differently. Later she is at the HFC talking about starting up a new school. The Warlock NM under the guise of ONE, come to arrest her. She thinks its a joke until they start fighting. She switches to diamond form and Dani turns into a sentinel and Emma is captured

Later in a cell, Emma is approached by Callahan. He wants her to help him with the mutant problem and she says f--k off. Days later she tries to make a deal with him. She says Beast has a mutation cure and she has persuasive ways to get it. Seems she controlled Anole during Dissassembled

Emma wakes up in bed and Callahan updates her. He says she has a device in her head. If she tried to betray him, then she loses her powers. He also lets her know that the X-men are dead. He lets her and Vanisher free bc he has TP-resistant device and feels he has nothing to fear especially since her former friends are dead

Emma and Marrow are oput shopping for clothes and Emma's credit card doesnt work. She leaves with her clothes. Cant tell if Emma used her powers or intimidated the cashier. ONE soldiers point guns at Vanisher and Elixir allegedly bc Emma ignored Callahan's calls. Emma calls his bluff as she makes him pull a gun to his own head. He lets her know that she is gambling with lives here and then has ONE kill Vanisher. Callahan says the government wants her back but they cant have anymore outbursts. He says they need to know whats coming and need to get Blindfold

Later Emma tells Elixir, aka the Black Bishop, that she sent Maraurders after Blindfold. Callahan sent her roses with a card that they found Cassandra Nova. She tells Josh that they will let Callahan think he is winning as she makes her plan. Emma senses Scott alive and runs off to find him. She finds him at a diner and tells him she loves him. She tells him to stay out of sight as she finds a way for them to be together again. She makes him forget as she walks off in tears

Apparently Emma and Scott never talked. She masked her presence. Elixir says Scott needs to know but Emma insists he stays out of it. She says if she speaks to him, then ONE will kill him. If he comes looking for her, they will kill him. Emma later finds Logan and tells him that Scott is back and gives him a psychic suggestion to find Scott and protect him as she erases his memory of her

Callahn learns Scott is alive and approaches Emma for lying to him. She denies it but tells Callahan that he will likely reform the X-men and hunt their targets. She convinces him to let X-men take out their enemies

A captured Sinister is talking to Captain America in the HFC garage. Cap is revealed to be Mystique. Sinister thanks Emma for rescuing him from the X-men but she says thats not what happened. She tells Marrow that the White King will take him to his cell bc he is hers. Logan and Kwannon ambush them and its to be continued

LOVE Marrow's upgraded look
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-05-2019 at 07:02 AM.

I can’t believe Marrow got a weave!

I can't believe we didn't get a kiss

My bad that rhyme to me xD

I can only say one thing, I'm sorry. I do not have the strength right now to comment any more:

Hickman, save us.

BANNED

Solid 8/10 here, but I wish we had more focus on Emma's POV about the mutant issues. I know she's showing she cares through actions, but a bit more of her inner thoughts would be neat.

Also, that diner scene was just perfect. Get yourselves someone looks at you like Emma looks at Scott, boys and girls.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yuck Scemma is what I will say about that. lol

Otherwise, it explains Emma's plot nicely, but nobody else really did much. However, I just skimmed.

We did get on-panel mention of Mystink as the HFC White King and Sinister having lustful thoughts of her Captain America lol.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-05-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

So Emma should lead the xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I can’t believe Marrow got a weave!
    thats a wig!

BANNED

The whole "Emma mind-controlled Anole" sounds like damage control after the backlash to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The whole "Emma mind-controlled Anole" sounds like damage control after the backlash to me.
    Keeping in mind that Emma had no way of knowing there was a cure unless she telepathically spied on the X-Men 24/7 ...

Yup.

Emma was right

I didn’t know I needed Scemma so much in my life.

Many positive points.. ahhh the look and words of Emma to Scott..
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Complimentary fellatio to whomever brings me Scemma Scans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Complimentary fellatio to whomever brings me Scemma Scans
    I’ll post it for free.

Emma and Marrow have come a long way