Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That's your average thread whenever Emma shows up. She's as polarizing as Scott was or still is here.
    I won't lie, I am a bit of a Emma stan, I try not to go over the top about it, but I do love her character. On the other hand, I also like Jean and Scott so I try to avoid the Scemma vs Jott fights because I am just not invested in either ship, I am all about one day seeing a comic where Jean and Emma can banter at each other for a nice 24 issue run just because it will be fun and I love both characters. Throw Rachel in the mix and I have the comic I will buy ongoing.

I love how stupid is the concept of putting a bomb with a vaccine in your brain instead of, you know, just a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I love how stupid is the concept of putting a bomb with a vaccine in your brain instead of, you know, just a bomb.
    After how it impacted Vanisher, I think it's both. Plus the fact that the O.N.E. seems to be able to track Emma's location I think there is a tracker in her head too.

That's why I think Mystique was never captured. I think Mystique does all the things that Emma is trying to keep hidden from the O.N.E. as Emma slowly tries to put things in place so she can defeat the O.N.E. and destroy the cure.

I also think that the cure hasn't been mass produced and released yet, I imagine that it's not that easy and possibly it takes multiple doses.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

^^ The neat thing is Emma looked even more like she was playing chess, seemingly resorting to using Mystique and Cyclops to make her moves, incapable of directly moving, herself.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Poor Bishop, Northstar, Longshot, X-23 and others.

Also, somehow this has more than half of the pages on the Logan appreciation thread. I know we're on a drought of Wolverine content, but come on.
    Wolverine fans are some of the best people on this boards. Most of them are really nice people, that don't like to fight or trash other characters.
    Considering how much many people hate and badmouth him here, they are remarkable.
    There is little Wolverine discussion because his character is entertaining and doesn't need ships or drama to be relevant.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-07-2019 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

Poor Bishop, Northstar, Longshot, X-23 and others.

Also, somehow this has more than half of the pages on the Logan appreciation thread. I know we're on a drought of Wolverine content, but come on.
    it is kind of slow going these days over at the wolverine thread as compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    ^^ The neat thing is Emma looked even more like she was playing chess, seemingly resorting to using Mystique and Cyclops to make her moves, incapable of directly moving, herself.
    OMG, Emma Frost is the female X-version of Code Geass Lelouch Lamperouge, he always stays back making his chess moves and using everyone as his pieces.

Sorry you mentioning chess got me excited for a second because I recently watched Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection; and I was so happy that C.C. and Lelouch ended up together.

Back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the beautiful and somewhat morally grey Emma Frost who is the best Black King ever.

Do you guys remember X-men Black?
    What was Mystique doing in a lab?
    Could it be related to Uncanny?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I wonder the same thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    What, the Mothervine thing? Unless it somehow neutralizes the effects of the cure, was that exciting enough to be brought back already?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What, the Mothervine thing? Unless it somehow neutralizes the effects of the cure, was that exciting enough to be brought back already?
    No Mystique had an X-Man Black issue that she attacked a chemical facility and rescued a mutant who had the power to release poisonous toxins. Mystique was deliberately taking the facility down and she killed all the scientists inside but we never found out why she was attacking the facility in the first place. We do know she rescued the mutant they were experimenting on but it wasn't clear if she was going to let the girl live or give her up as the scapegoat for all the dead scientists.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    No Mystique had an X-Man Black issue that she attacked a chemical facility and rescued a mutant who had the power to release poisonous toxins. Mystique was deliberately taking the facility down and she killed all the scientists inside but we never found out why she was attacking the facility in the first place. We do know she rescued the mutant they were experimenting on but it wasn't clear if she was going to let the girl live or give her up as the scapegoat for all the dead scientists.
    We know what she stole from the Trask Industries office server room: a disk containing data about Mothervine.
    Last edited by cranger; 06-07-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Years from now, Mothervine will be looked as the plot device that had so much promise that went nowhere. It had potential to be this generation's Legacy Virus but Marvel dropped the ball with it fast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Years from now, Mothervine will be looked as the plot device that had so much promise that went nowhere. It had potential to be this generation's Legacy Virus but Marvel dropped the ball with it fast
    It was never really intended as anything like that though. The people who wanted it for evil (Miss Sinister/Bastion/inverted Alex) wanted an army of mutant zombies. It was just another control the populace trick.

Great issue. Very interesting comments in this thread. I like seeing how passionate people are for our mutants.

I've never been a huge Emma fan (never really disliked her either), but this issue made me really like her. She's a hero here and I love how, as someone else mentioned, she was shown as being very concerned for Vanisher and Marrow, the NM, etc. Yes she made a very difficult choice but the way she tried to protect Scott and the X-Men was heroic. Her stock went up in my mind.

Also there's been a lot of speculation on who may die next. I think sadly it's poor Kwannon. The moment I saw her with Logan I said, "uh oh".

Looking forward to how this all unfolds and then wraps up.