Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    AoXM and Uncanny are both ultimately stopgap books, aren't they? I think most people are picking up one or the other based on the characters present and less because of their premises.
    In fairness, that's always how I do things. Does it have Emma, Laura, or Rachel in a decent light? I'll probably get it. I imagine I'm not alone in that regard.

Wait. Who’s the non/mutant, pretending to be a mutant, X-Men spy/betrayer/infiltrator again?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    In fairness, that's always how I do things. Does it have Emma, Laura, or Rachel in a decent light? I'll probably get it. I imagine I'm not alone in that regard.
    Yeah, I get your point. Still, you’d think the premise of a book should be enough to get readers on board, but I haven’t picked up any event from Marvel based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Wait. Who’s the non/mutant, pretending to be a mutant, X-Men spy/betrayer/infiltrator again?
    Third Summers brother, Legacy Virus, The Twelve....

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Did we ever figure that out?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Did we ever figure that out?
    I don’t think so. That’s why I brought it up. Isn’t it likely to be “resolved” in uncanny or X-Force before Hickman comes aboard?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Yeah, I think we are only going to get resolutions for the O.N.E., the cure, the Hellfire Club, and maybe the X-people who died in Uncanny. Dark Beast and Sinister will fall in this somewhere.

My guess is Emma lets Sinister perform an operation on her (and anyone else who has the implant) to remove the implants from their heads so they are free to act. It's an act of desperation because you really can't trust Sinister so it's possible she comes out of this depowered or something. Dark Beast and Sinister maybe work together to create the counter cure, but I imagine they will also do something pretty awful like release a version of the TO virus that infects only human beings.

My guess is Emma doesn't come out of this unscathed, they may even have her do something to kind of martyr herself at the end where she throws herself between the O.N.E. and the X-Men but at the moment she tries to go diamond form Callahan triggers the cure bomb and she ends up badly injured. It will probably be something that will keep Scemma hopes alive going into the next event. I don't see Emma and Scott getting back together, but I think the writers are going to keep the Jean, Emma, Scott triangle going into the fall. Bleh especially what they said about it being like Archie, Betty, and Veronica. So Scott will be torn over which girl he likes best and Jean and Emma will be stuck pining for him all the time which just feels utterly pathetic and I hate it. I hope and pray they don't do that, it doesn't serve Jean and Emma at all and just makes it look like their characters are defined by their relationship with a man. All three of these characters need to breath for a bit and have their own individual stories that aren't about who loves who for a while.

Geez. I don't recall ever reading Emma so badly written. Her dialogue was off the whole issue.

Is Mystique mute now? I hate when they make her a henchwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Geez. I don't recall ever reading Emma so badly written. Her dialogue was off the whole issue.

Is Mystique mute now? I hate when they make her a henchwoman.
    Not even IvX? Rosenberg's rendition here was hardly the worse Emma. Bunn's was pretty bad

You're right. That was awful and totally OOC.

But I guess you could read IvX as a nervous breakdown or a Mad Queen-ish thing.