Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Logan has resistence to telepathy
    Not that good.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I haven't read this issue but i'm curious about Emma and Mystique as the kings of the Hellfire club.
    I'm not their biggest fan but they can be fun from time to time, if nobody is checking on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Here's the thing. Emma not helping Callahan would've just resulted in her dying and him going after the next best thing. With Emma working on the inside, she can plan ahead and move pieces around without Callahan really knowing. If Emma didn't intervene so that Wolverine could help: Callahan would've killed Cyclops, the New Mutants would still be TO-Sentinels, and Havok would still be powering the prison. Emma had to choose the least horrific option out of two depressing choices.
    Or cyclops could get the brotherhood and marauders to get th enew mutants out of the facility.

She just choose the easiest way for her being out. She didn't even knew Cyclops was alive when she made the choice

Or cyclops could get the brotherhood and marauders to get th enew mutants out of the facility.

She just choose the easiest way for her being out. She didn't even knew Cyclops was alive when she made the choice
    That's...expecting a lot to happen. Not only would Scott have to know where the Brotherhood and Marauders were (assuming they would have any reason to follow him), he would have to have survived Callahan sending his Sentinel Squad to kill him and his encounter with the Reavers, Right, Purifiers, and Sapien League at the end of #11. We can reach and reach but I think it's clear that Emma saved the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I also found it interesting that she referred to the NM as her former students as I didnt think she really considered them to be (even though they were briefly enrolled at her school for like a week). She's never seemed to have any affinity for the characters that showed up in this issue, especially Dani, who didnt join Emma's school
    Is this in the scene where the TO drones attack her? If so, she says former teammates.

That's...expecting a lot to happen. Not only would Scott have to know where the Brotherhood and Marauders were (assuming they would have any reason to follow him), he would have to have survived Callahan sending his Sentinel Squad to kill him and his encounter with the Reavers, Right, Purifiers, and Sapien League at the end of #11. We can reach and reach but I think it's clear that Emma saved the X-Men.
    No, she didn't. There was still MLF. She just doomed the entire race just to not get tortured. Protect Scott has nothing to do with it

idk if it's already been discussed but if Logan remembers Emma again, does that mean that Scott and the others remember too? She went diamond to help Marrow so presumably the memory loss was reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I also found it interesting that she referred to the NM as her former students as I didnt think she really considered them to be (even though they were briefly enrolled at her school for like a week). She's never seemed to have any affinity for the characters that showed up in this issue, especially Dani, who didnt join Emma's school
    I think Emma still cares for Elixir

No, she didn't. There was still MLF. She just doomed the entire race just to not get tortured. Protect Scott has nothing to do with it
    So she told Callahan not to kill Scott for what reason? She sent Logan to help Scott restart the X-Men for what reason? She sent the Marauders to protect Blindfold for what reason? Hope and the MLF were working independently and they definitely wouldn't have made it to Scott in time. As soon as he was at that rally, Callahan knew he was alive and needed to be killed ASAP. Why would he let there be any time for leeway before hunting him down?

Extraordinary Member

Emma did it to save herself thinking that the X-Men could stop it anyway. This is revealed by Callahan telling her McCoy can't stop them because the X-Men are dead. Fact is, Emma made a decision after days of torture, but she did make that decision to save herself, not anyone else.

The whole setup is weird anyway, why would Callahan think Emma has something that would get rid of mutants, of all people to kidnap.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Emma did it to save herself thinking that the X-Men could stop it anyway. This is revealed by Callahan telling her McCoy can't stop them because the X-Men are dead. Fact is, Emma made a decision after days of torture, but she did make that decision to save herself, not anyone else.

The whole setup is weird anyway, why would Callahan think Emma has something that would get rid of mutants, of all people to kidnap.
    Yes, no one is arguing otherwise. But her following actions against Callahan that may have seemed like she was working with him was just to get leverage and save the X-Men.

This was a really fascinating issue and it makes a lot more sense in context. Still here for the ride. I do have to say it's great seeing the quote unquote random mutants that show up during this issue, but I have some objection to her caring more for Elixir than for Chamber. But we'll see how the rest of this story plays out.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Extraordinary Member

idk if it's already been discussed but if Logan remembers Emma again, does that mean that Scott and the others remember too? She went diamond to help Marrow so presumably the memory loss was reversed.
    That scene with Marrow takes places even before Scott get's the X-Men together, he must have been poking around ONE on his own before #11.

As for Logan, I took it (if he has his memories back) that Kwannon restored them.

I think Emma still cares for Elixir

So she told Callahan not to kill Scott for what reason? She sent Logan to help Scott restart the X-Men for what reason? She sent the Marauders to protect Blindfold for what reason? Hope and the MLF were working independently and they definitely wouldn't have made it to Scott in time. As soon as he was at that rally, Callahan knew he was alive and needed to be killed ASAP. Why would he let there be any time for leeway before hunting him down?
    Emma didn't convinced Logan for long, it was Blindfold death. Well Blindfold still got dead anyway, because of Emma actions about the vacine.
    Scott doesn't need Emma protection, Callahan went to Emma instead of getting Cyclops himself.
    It's a crap fest because of Emma

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    That scene with Marrow takes places even before Scott get's the X-Men together, he must have been poking around ONE on his own before #11.

As for Logan, I took it (if he has his memories back) that Kwannon restored them.
    Oh, you're right. I forgot that was still part of the flashback. Yeah, he most likely freed Kwannon during the chaos with Sinister blowing up Harry's Hideaway and asked her to untangle whatever Emma did to their minds.

Emma didn't convinced Logan for long, it was Blindfold death. Well Blindfold still got dead anyway, because of Emma actions about the vacine.
    Scott doesn't need Emma protection, Callahan went to Emma instead of getting Cyclops himself.
    It's a crap fest because of Emma
    But Logan got Scott far enough in his quest that they did manage to free the New Mutants. And Blindfold died because of the humans' increasingly anti-mutant views when X-Man messed everything up. Her suicide had nothing to do with Emma.

"Scott doesn't need Emma protection"

But in the story he literally did. Rosenberg wrote that without Emma intervening, he would've died. It's in-text. Why are we blaming everyone but the guy that's actually building mutant prisons and forcing New Mutants to become Sentinels
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-05-2019 at 12:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, no one is arguing otherwise. But her following actions against Callahan that may have seemed like she was working with him was just to get leverage and save the X-Men.
    Following the root of the thread this seems to start with the notion that giving Callahan the vaccine doomed the X-Men.

However, even in the following scenes, her working with him still mostly comes off as protecting herself. Most of the scenes we see of her agreeing to go along with Callahan take place before issue #11. I do agree though that along the way she is trying to find ways to get back at Callahan which indirectly will save the X-Men, but at the same time, except maybe for Scott, I don't think she'd hesitate to sacrifice the X-Men to stay in the game a turn longer.

By the way, is Kwannon more than a hound or is she like Banshee?