Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Age of X-man: Prisoner X #4 *SPOILERS*

The issue starts with Bishop talking with Forge. Forge says that everything he is doing is for the prisoners well being and Bishop will be re-integrated to society by the lunch time.
    Forge says that everything is better after Hope Summers died.
    Bishop then question if a world without love and friendship is the way of getting rid of hate. Then wonders what happened to Jean, if she thinks he is dead or abandoned her.

Bishop talk to prisoners that remember their past life before the prison.

dani has a conversation with Polaris, about all the times Polaris broke out but just for the next second everything is just the same. They plan to do a riot.

Bishop and Beast start to fight with the purpose of attracting the guards. Guards show up.
    A guard is attacked and they see he is not real

Forge and Legion discuss, Legion attacks Forge that free the prisoners of the collar dampeners. Everyone remember their past lives

So the riot starts

Art is so good,.

PS: I didn't found any preview for this issue

Extraordinary Member

Kind of felt like a rehash of last issue, still hinging on the question of who is in control and why, but not really doing anything to make that question feel relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Kind of felt like a rehash of last issue, still hinging on the question of who is in control and why, but not really doing anything to make that question feel relevant.
    I think Nate Grey locked Legion here and he took control, happy to torment the rest of the prisoners.

Feels like I've read the same issue two, or three times now. This book started so good, but it's on its way to end with a whimper.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The issue starts with Bishop talking with Forge. Forge says that everything he is doing is for the prisoners well being and Bishop will be re-integrated to society by the lunch time
    Forge tells Bishop that he’ll be released into general population in the prison. He was in solitary confinement when they talked.

I know Legion always liked to play games and torment, but I figured with him originally trying to stop Nate from destroying the world, why he wouldn’t get more pleasure from seeing this fake world crumble faster

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Feels like I've read the same issue two, or three times now. This book started so good, but it's on its way to end with a whimper.
    So the prisoners finally waking up, Forge betraying Legion, and several of the main cast remembering their 616 selves didn’t do enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So the prisoners finally waking up, Forge betraying Legion, and several of the main cast remembering their 616 selves didn’t do enough?
    Yeah, I'm not seeing how this book is repetitive. Things are happening on a slow pace but they are happening in a linear logical ways of progressing the plot

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People have already been "waking up", we already saw Forge consider hitting the kill switch, and whatever the main cast may be remembering has already been hinted at and hasn't had any impact on the plot, and could have all happened last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    People have already been "waking up", we already saw Forge consider hitting the kill switch, and whatever the main cast may be remembering has already been hinted at and hasn't had any impact on the plot, and could have all happened last issue.
    Yeah, that’s what plot progression is. And no one’s woken up besides possibly Polaris, and she said she’s done it so many times before but no one remembered her ever doing it besides her. That’s a new development to the situation they were already in. Bishop’s conversation was what pushed Forge into pushing the killswitch. If we’re at the point where we’re irritated at a story for having things build up and billow out, why get mad at the issue where everything that’s been slow burning finally results in something?
    Last edited by Tycon; 06-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.

bish.jpg
    ...and the guards reminded me strongly of this image...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Seeing Dani and Lorna bonding was really nice

Some of the nameless mutant prisoners were actually kinda cool

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I liked the issue, and I've been enjoying this series, but I'm kind of bummed that Legion seems to be the antagonist. It also doesn't match how he was portrayed in Disassembled, where he was fighting against Nate. Here he seems to be, if not outright working with Nate, is at least enforcing his brainwashing.

BANNED

This was really Good.

Go Lorna MESS THINGS UP!!! tear the place down!!!!

It breaks my heart that Bishop is worried what jean will think of him. He really likes her
    Let's see when she recovers her memory, hope she will wipe the floor with Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

It breaks my heart that Bishop is worried what jean will think of him. He really likes her
    Let's see when she recovers her memory, hope she will wipe the floor with Nate.
    He didn't gave a crap for years until they were fucking. So romantic