Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    He didn't gave a crap for years until they were fucking. So romantic
    What? They were on the same team and were good colleagues. At least he cares, different from someone

  2. #17
    BANNED fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What? They were on the same team and were good colleagues. At least he cares, different from someone
    He didn't, neither showed care or attraction to each other for years on the same team.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    He didn't, neither showed care or attraction to each other for years on the same team.
    Jean was off limits for him, she was married

  4. #19
    Fantastic Member Mutant X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Bishop spread the word and convinced the prisoners to start the riot very easily.
    Weakest issue so far, but it was not bad.

  5. #20
    BANNED fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was off limits for him, she was married
    Jean being married or in a relationship never stopped her to be attracted to Wolverine, she is not above that, as proved by Logan. never a thing but showed mutual attraction, unlike Bishop. She also met him before getting married and didn't felt anything.

    Not only that but his crimes should turn her off. Jean hates when someone attacks her loved ones, like Xavier, Cable and Cyclops himself. Jean and Bishop were nothing, felt nothing, the only memorable development Bishop had should be a total turn off to Jean and it was rushed on an AU in a single issue. It is freaking stupid.

  6. #21
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Bishop spread the word and convinced the prisoners to start the riot very easily.
    Weakest issue so far, but it was not bad.
    This was over the course of days and Legion/X-Man’s hold on their memories was waning.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,667

    Default

    The Bishop scene is off only because the setup in Alpha does not make it sound like some serious relationship, just a heat of the moment thing, so it sounds hollow that Bishop uses Jean's 'feelings' as a reason for something. What I wonder is if this scene is intending to play on the irony that she does not even remember him (which I guess makes it more sad.)

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Jean being married or in a relationship never stopped her to be attracted to Wolverine, she is not above that, as proved by Logan. never a thing but showed mutual attraction, unlike Bishop. She also met him before getting married and didn't felt anything.

    Not only that but his crimes should turn her off. Jean hates when someone attacks her loved ones, like Xavier, Cable and Cyclops himself. Jean and Bishop were nothing, felt nothing, the only memorable development Bishop had should be a total turn off to Jean and it was rushed on an AU in a single issue. It is freaking stupid.
    1) Dude, this is an alternate universe where the characters have nearly COMPLETELY different back stories and a new layer of memories. Many characters are doing and saying things that aren't the norm for them. And if you read the series from the get go, you would know that this wasn't the first time that Bishop and Jean had romantic feelings in the history of this universe. So just because it's new to us readers in one issue, doesn't mean it hasn't been on-going for them for a while. In this reality his crimes don't exist. Neither did her marriage to Cyclops. I don't understand how this is so difficult for people to get 4 months into an event.

    2) Just because someone is in a relationship or marriage doesn't mean that they aren't attracted to other people. It's whether or not they choose to act on it.

    3) Jean seemingly knows a little about what Bishop did, as seen in The Exterminated issue, but she actively engaged and worked with him in Disassembled. So she's chosen to be forgiving, which is something she is known to do. So if she has forgiven him for hunting Cable and accidentally shooting Xavier (which again, she was dead for), then maybe we readers should forgive him for the atrocious writing and edit he was given by the X-Office?

  9. #24
    BANNED fsger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    1) Dude, this is an alternate universe where the characters have nearly COMPLETELY different back stories and a new layer of memories. Many characters are doing and saying things that aren't the norm for them. And if you read the series from the get go, you would know that this wasn't the first time that Bishop and Jean had romantic feelings in the history of this universe. So just because it's new to us readers in one issue, doesn't mean it hasn't been on-going for them for a while. In this reality his crimes don't exist. Neither did her marriage to Cyclops. I don't understand how this is so difficult for people to get 4 months into an event.

    2) Just because someone is in a relationship or marriage doesn't mean that they aren't attracted to other people. It's whether or not they choose to act on it.

    3) Jean seemingly knows a little about what Bishop did, as seen in The Exterminated issue, but she actively engaged and worked with him in Disassembled. So she's chosen to be forgiving, which is something she is known to do. So if she has forgiven him for hunting Cable and accidentally shooting Xavier (which again, she was dead for), then maybe we readers should forgive him for the atrocious writing and edit he was given by the X-Office?
    Point A: the fact that this is a mede up world with a different story from reality, should be a red alert about how genuine things aren't. Her marriage existed the writers confirmed it on reddit. (I'm not a jott stan, don't confuse me with that).
    Point B: This is true and that wa the case with Wolverine not with Bishop.
    Point C: Wonderful, im'm actually okay with Jean forgiving, not okay with crimes attrackting her, hopeful people don't mind if she is forgiving with other characters like Emma, Cyclops or Wolverine, those seem to be unforgidable.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The Bishop scene is off only because the setup in Alpha does not make it sound like some serious relationship, just a heat of the moment thing, so it sounds hollow that Bishop uses Jean's 'feelings' as a reason for something. What I wonder is if this scene is intending to play on the irony that she does not even remember him (which I guess makes it more sad.)
    it wasn't heat of the moment, we saw flashbacks to them having a date on the beach.

    When Nate notes that their fingers are almost touching, it is clear that is not only sexual, they really miss each other. This remembers me of Pride and prejudice movie where the moment that Darcy takes Liz hand to kiss is a very romantic moment. Byt the convention of the time, they barely could touch each other, so there is lot of antecipation for such a little moment.
    Bishop is confused about his feelings, while Jean is very confortable.

    Yeah Jean doesn't remembers him, but Bishops doesn't know it . So sad
    Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Jean being married or in a relationship never stopped her to be attracted to Wolverine, she is not above that, as proved by Logan. never a thing but showed mutual attraction, unlike Bishop. She also met him before getting married and didn't felt anything.

    Not only that but his crimes should turn her off. Jean hates when someone attacks her loved ones, like Xavier, Cable and Cyclops himself. Jean and Bishop were nothing, felt nothing, the only memorable development Bishop had should be a total turn off to Jean and it was rushed on an AU in a single issue. It is freaking stupid.
    Things change, people change. aOX presented Jean on new set of circmstances, She is single and on same team tat Bishop. maybe if Cyclops continued to be dead and jean was on same team that Bishop it could happen
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-05-2019 at 12:25 PM.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    1) Dude, this is an alternate universe where the characters have nearly COMPLETELY different back stories and a new layer of memories. Many characters are doing and saying things that aren't the norm for them. And if you read the series from the get go, you would know that this wasn't the first time that Bishop and Jean had romantic feelings in the history of this universe. So just because it's new to us readers in one issue, doesn't mean it hasn't been on-going for them for a while. In this reality his crimes don't exist. Neither did her marriage to Cyclops. I don't understand how this is so difficult for people to get 4 months into an event.

    2) Just because someone is in a relationship or marriage doesn't mean that they aren't attracted to other people. It's whether or not they choose to act on it.

    3) Jean seemingly knows a little about what Bishop did, as seen in The Exterminated issue, but she actively engaged and worked with him in Disassembled. So she's chosen to be forgiving, which is something she is known to do. So if she has forgiven him for hunting Cable and accidentally shooting Xavier (which again, she was dead for), then maybe we readers should forgive him for the atrocious writing and edit he was given by the X-Office?
    Her marriage to Cyclops did exist in this universe though. Zac and Lonnie said it in an interview. Before the new society, they were married, but he died fighting Stryfe along with Wolverine, Hope, and Cable, leaving her a widow, which didn't matter since they decided to move past compassion and romance or whatever. I guess that's why Jean had such a hard time moving on—she knew what it was like to be with someone before these new laws and way of life—she had Scott. I guess Bishop also saw some of X-Man's new laws as BS and that's why the two connected.

    Other than that, you're right, this is an Alternate Universe where not even Bishop himself remembers the whole Cable and Hope thing, and neither does Jean, if she even knew back in 616 either.
    Captain of many ships—no matter how much you hate it!
    My Marvel & DC Ships!
    Scott x Jean
    Peter x MJ
    Diana x Steve
    Jean x Logan
    Peter x Gwen
    Bruce x Diana
    Emma x Scott
    Felicia x Peter
    Clark x Lois
    Dick x Babs

  12. #27
    Spectacular Member jsg2295's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, that’s what plot progression is. And no one’s woken up besides possibly Polaris, and she said she’s done it so many times before but no one remembered her ever doing it besides her. That’s a new development to the situation they were already in. Bishop’s conversation was what pushed Forge into pushing the killswitch. If we’re at the point where we’re irritated at a story for having things build up and billow out, why get mad at the issue where everything that’s been slow burning finally results in something?
    I love when someone reads a comic and says there is no plot development and someone else tries to convince that person that there is a furthering of the plot....as if that will change a mind.
    Its all pillow talk until the great Hickman comes to show us mere mortals what a new age is like.

  13. #28
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Bishop spread the word and convinced the prisoners to start the riot very easily.
    Weakest issue so far, but it was not bad.
    It's like in X-Tremist, it does not look natural, it's like "Oh, ok, let's tear down the system."

  14. #29
    Incredible Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's like in X-Tremist, it does not look natural, it's like "Oh, ok, let's tear down the system."
    Yeah, last minute chopping writing to make room for a relaunch will do that. AoX wasn't even planned, but they needed more time for Hickman.
    Captain of many ships—no matter how much you hate it!
    My Marvel & DC Ships!
    Scott x Jean
    Peter x MJ
    Diana x Steve
    Jean x Logan
    Peter x Gwen
    Bruce x Diana
    Emma x Scott
    Felicia x Peter
    Clark x Lois
    Dick x Babs

  15. #30
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's like in X-Tremist, it does not look natural, it's like "Oh, ok, let's tear down the system."
    This was well build. Bishop has been trying for very long time convince. Now that the defenses are low people saw it and Dani also helped.

    Talking aout Dani, when the fight starts she is nowhere to be found

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •