Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Your Marvel LGBT+ superhero team?

Would probably work best as a one-off fundraiser comic but here goes :

Time-displaced Rawhide Kid
    Iceman
    Billy and Teddy
    Karolina & Nico
    Julie Power- rainbow streak would look good visually. Might be awkward having her back with Karolina
    Flatman
    Northstar
    others?

YOUR ideas and opinions on this?

Moondragon
    Angela
    Sera
    Brunnhilde
    Valkyrie (Exiles)
    America Chavez
    Alloy
    Quasar (Avril)
    Jovana

Mission: Bring back Phyla-Vell

Dracula, 616 Moondragon, Loki, Quasar (Avril), America Chavez

what is this, some kinda wacky defenders team
    yes
    that's what it is
    i want more lgbt poc
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

We actually have enough to work with now to form a LGBT Avengers-specific roster!

Toni Ho
    Pod II/Enigma
    Lightning
    Demolition Man
    Hercules
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Moondragon

Pretty decent team -- diversity of powers and skill sets, and a few heavy hitters in there too.

And we even have a few LGBT Avengers left over to be reservists! (Noh-Varr, Starfox, Miss America, etc)

I wrote a story full of gays.

Robert "Bobby" Drake CFO Frost Technologies
    Iceman
    Recommended by Emma Frost to oversee the finances of her family's business, and serve as a watchdog and advisor to its CEO, her brother Christian. While digging through the crunched numbers and cooked books, Bobby discovers Frost Tech had been, and in some cases still is, affiliated with villainous organizations like A.I.M., HYDRA, the Tanaka Cyburai Program, Justin Hammer, and even Latveria. Bobby's parents tell him to shut up and ignore Frost's deals, and to focus on the job Emma hired him to do. The X-Men organization is abroad and focused on international rescues, leaving Iceman the only X-Man in New York City for the first time ever. The loneliness drives him to seek out an ally working at a bar in the West Village.

Dominikos "Nick" Petrakis Polari's
    Avalanche
    Seeking a life away from superhuman conflict, Greek expat and mutant earthquake Nick Petrakis understands the irony of owning a pub in New York City. Hoping to slip through the cracks and slide into middle age with no one recognizing him for his terrorist past, he's surprised to see the X-Man Bobby Drake sit down at his bar. He signals to his security that trouble might go down, but not before they're interrupted by the evening's entertainment.

Shade The House of Carnation
    Drag professional and mutant performer, Shade takes the stage at Polari's and begins reading the room. Old queens and young twinks cheer as Shade teleports the bar's owner to the stage, and dresses him down in true drag fashion. She ends her set by teleporting Nick's clothes off of him, and then teleporting him back behind the bar. Nick races to the office behind the bar and Bobby follows, only to be stopped by Shade stepping out of the shadows.

Julio Esteban Richter
    Rictor
    Newspaper clippings and camera stills of Rictor plaster the walls inside Avalache's office. Iceman fears Avalanche has been hired to kill Julio, but Shade suggests Nick has a crush on the New Mutant. Both are shocked when presented with a 25 year old picture of Greek daddy Nick Petrakis with a woman who looks exactly like Rictor. The revelation that Avalanche is Rictor's father dumbfounds Iceman and Shade alike, but not Rictor himself ...who picks up Bobby's speed-dial.

Sally Blevins S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Fender
    A planned rendezvous at LaGuardia between old friends leads to a conversation about the past in the Morlock tunnels beneath New York. The man that raised Rictor was always cruel, but Julio thought it was because of his childhood mannerisms. Now he learns it's because his real father abandoned his mother in Mexico, and has been a mutant terrorist for years. Sally jokes she's been out of touch for way, way too long, and it'll be great to see her old Morlock friend Shade again. (not gay, but Sally's a LGBTQUIALLY)

Christian Frost CEO Frost Technologies
    White Knight
    All five mutants meet on the grounds of the Frost family's Hamptons home, where Christian is excited to meet "the X-Men". Bobby tries his best to inform his boss that while everyone is a mutant, they are NOT X-Men. Christian is undeterred, despite the intense conversations had between Nick and Julio, and reveals the home's unused weapons rack, Gen X body armor, and military helicopter. When the heroes joke they don't even have a mission, he reveals he knows about the Hellfire Club's "evil plan" to abduct an extraterrestrial.

Pyreus Kril Nova Corps
    Firelord
    The Hellfire Club means to draw a powerful entity to Earth and steal its power. Iceman's band sets to destroy the machine, but not before the sequence begins and completes. Only Iceman can cool the reactors and save the day, leaving the Power Cosmic in a Hellfire battery, and ex-Herald of Galactus Pyreus Kril stuck on Earth. Looking around at his handsome saviors, and realizing Earth is full of powerful and honorable allies, he commits to stay and help disable to forces that might turn another cosmic being into a victim.

She's really obscure, but I feel like Jennifer Kale has real potential as a character. If you wanted a magic-user in the vein of a Doctor Strange type, as opposed to Asgardian etc, I think she'd be a good choice.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Northstar
    Iceman
    Shatterstar
    Bling!
    Chance from Fallen Angels, as a trans man.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I wrote a story full of gays.

Robert "Bobby" Drake CFO Frost Technologies
    Iceman
    Recommended by Emma Frost to oversee the finances of her family's business, and serve as a watchdog and advisor to its CEO, her brother Christian. While digging through the crunched numbers and cooked books, Bobby discovers Frost Tech had been, and in some cases still is, affiliated with villainous organizations like A.I.M., HYDRA, the Tanaka Cyburai Program, Justin Hammer, and even Latveria. Bobby's parents tell him to shut up and ignore Frost's deals, and to focus on the job Emma hired him to do. The X-Men organization is abroad and focused on international rescues, leaving Iceman the only X-Man in New York City for the first time ever. The loneliness drives him to seek out an ally working at a bar in the West Village.

Dominikos "Nick" Petrakis Polari's
    Avalanche
    Seeking a life away from superhuman conflict, Greek expat and mutant earthquake Nick Petrakis understands the irony of owning a pub in New York City. Hoping to slip through the cracks and slide into middle age with no one recognizing him for his terrorist past, he's surprised to see the X-Man Bobby Drake sit down at his bar. He signals to his security that trouble might go down, but not before they're interrupted by the evening's entertainment.

Shade The House of Carnation
    Drag professional and mutant performer, Shade takes the stage at Polari's and begins reading the room. Old queens and young twinks cheer as Shade teleports the bar's owner to the stage, and dresses him down in true drag fashion. She ends her set by teleporting Nick's clothes off of him, and then teleporting him back behind the bar. Nick races to the office behind the bar and Bobby follows, only to be stopped by Shade stepping out of the shadows.

Julio Esteban Richter
    Rictor
    Newspaper clippings and camera stills of Rictor plaster the walls inside Avalache's office. Iceman fears Avalanche has been hired to kill Julio, but Shade suggests Nick has a crush on the New Mutant. Both are shocked when presented with a 25 year old picture of Greek daddy Nick Petrakis with a woman who looks exactly like Rictor. The revelation that Avalanche is Rictor's father dumbfounds Iceman and Shade alike, but not Rictor himself ...who picks up Bobby's speed-dial.

Sally Blevins S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Fender
    A planned rendezvous at LaGuardia between old friends leads to a conversation about the past in the Morlock tunnels beneath New York. The man that raised Rictor was always cruel, but Julio thought it was because of his childhood mannerisms. Now he learns it's because his real father abandoned his mother in Mexico, and has been a mutant terrorist for years. Sally jokes she's been out of touch for way, way too long, and it'll be great to see her old Morlock friend Shade again. (not gay, but Sally's a LGBTQUIALLY)

Christian Frost CEO Frost Technologies
    White Knight
    All five mutants meet on the grounds of the Frost family's Hamptons home, where Christian is excited to meet "the X-Men". Bobby tries his best to inform his boss that while everyone is a mutant, they are NOT X-Men. Christian is undeterred, despite the intense conversations had between Nick and Julio, and reveals the home's unused weapons rack, Gen X body armor, and military helicopter. When the heroes joke they don't even have a mission, he reveals he knows about the Hellfire Club's "evil plan" to abduct an extraterrestrial.

Pyreus Kril Nova Corps
    Firelord
    The Hellfire Club means to draw a powerful entity to Earth and steal its power. Iceman's band sets to destroy the machine, but not before the sequence begins and completes. Only Iceman can cool the reactors and save the day, leaving the Power Cosmic in a Hellfire battery, and ex-Herald of Galactus Pyreus Kril stuck on Earth. Looking around at his handsome saviors, and realizing Earth is full of powerful and honorable allies, he commits to stay and help disable to forces that might turn another cosmic being into a victim.
    I'd read this.

A LGBT book without Billy and Teddy isn't one I thought I'd care about, but seriously, this looks like such an interesting team of randoms and no hopers, I must read it now!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Captain Marvel (Superia)
    Wolverine (Daken)
    Vision (formerly Machinesmith)
    Giant-Woman (formerly Man-Killer)
    Swordsman (Andreas Strucker)
    Iceman (Blizzard)

Christian Frost (financier)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Captain Marvel (Superia)
    Wolverine (Daken)
    Iceman (Blizzard)

Nice. Basically a gay Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Ok, let's try an LGBT Guardians Of The Galaxy....

Moondragon
    Phyla-Vell
    Starfox
    Quasar (Avril)
    Paradox (the bisexual shape-shifting bounty hunter/dancer from an alternate future who wound up in present day 616 a few years back due to that cosmic rip created during "War Of Kings")
    Nightmask
    Cloud

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Captain Marvel (Superia)
    Wolverine (Daken)
    Iceman (Blizzard)

Oh wow, Machinesmith, Man-Killer and Andreas Strucker on a team? Go deep into my obscure favorites I never expect to see again!

Does Christian Frost have any mutant powers? His siblings seems to all be mutants, so it would make sense that he'd be some sort of psychic too, but I have no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh wow, Machinesmith, Man-Killer and Andreas Strucker on a team? Go deep into my obscure favorites I never expect to see again!

Does Christian Frost have any mutant powers? His siblings seems to all be mutants, so it would make sense that he'd be some sort of psychic too, but I have no idea...
    As of the most recent/final Iceman solo, he do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

he seems to be a pretty high level telepath. it's been awhile since I read that issue of Iceman. his role on the team would be more of a managerial (sometimes spokesperson) role.