Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

looks good.

Tini Howard writes Thanos as well.

I'm very interested.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm not sold on Billy being on an X-force style book, but with Peralta on art at least it will be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm surprised it's not Avengers: Strike Force.
    There's a mobile game called that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm not sold on Billy being on an X-force style book, but with Peralta on art at least it will be pretty.
    Huwhutnow??

The secret announcement was the return of the worse Spider-Woman costume. Godspeed, Marvel marketing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Is SPIDER BABY gonna be in this book?? Jess's widdle ankle biter? Who are they striking? How STRUCK are they aiming for?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Huwhutnow??
    Sorry, from the video:

Doing dirty jobs the Avengers and other Marvel superheroes simply refuse to do, the team joins forces for a monster-ific bloodbath. Prepare to witness the dark underside of the Marvel Universe in Strikeforce.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Tini Howard writing this probably explains why Wiccan is involved. She will also be writing him in Death's Head, which makes me even more curious to see what kind of story she's gonna cook up for him there, as it might set up what leads him to Strikeforce.

I'm curious to know what sets this team apart from Savage Avengers, 'cause the concept seems very similar so far. My guess is that we will see the occult involved, which would explain some of the mystical members and why it was said they would face ''the dark underside of the Marvel Universe'' in the video. Not to mention that pentagram on the cover, which could just be a reference to Hellstorm, but it feels like it might be connected to the overall theme of the book. Even if it's not called Midnight Sons, that's still the vibe I'm getting from this book.

And I like that the last member is Spider-Woman. Not so crazy about the classic costume returning for no apparent reason; I don't really like when characters regress like that. But oh well, at least Jess is being used somewhere.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I like the creative team, but conceptually I remain uninterested. This alongside Savage Avengers just feels like a re-hash of the "Dark ______ Dark" trend a while back.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is SPIDER BABY gonna be in this book?? Jess's widdle ankle biter? Who are they striking? How STRUCK are they aiming for?
    This is where the way Hopeless's series ended comes in handy. Jess was settled with her boyfriend Roger, aka Porcupine. Which means if she appears without Gerry, we can just assume Roger is babysitting!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Tini Howard writing this probably explains why Wiccan is involved. She will also be writing him in Death's Head, which makes me even more curious to see what kind of story she's gonna cook up for him there, as it might set up what leads him to Strikeforce.

I'm curious to know what sets this team apart from Savage Avengers, 'cause the concept seems very similar so far. My guess is that we will see the occult involved, which would explain some of the mystical members and why it was said they would face ''the dark underside of the Marvel Universe'' in the video. Not to mention that pentagram on the cover, which could just be a reference to Hellstorm, but it feels like it might be connected to the overall theme of the book. Even if it's not called Midnight Sons, that's still the vibe I'm getting from this book.

And I like that the last member is Spider-Woman. Not so crazy about the classic costume returning for no apparent reason; I don't really like when characters regress like that. But oh well, at least Jess is being used somewhere.
    Savage Avengers seems much more like an Earth-based team. Strikeforce, spinning out of the War of the Realms, will probably be handling the disruptions created by Malakeiths war

"Monster-ific bloodbath"? "Dark underside of the Marvel universe"?

So In take it that they'll be monster/demon hunters?

Well.......I mean I guess Spider-Woman isn’t a bad choice.

not a fan of that art, tbh.