Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still can't help but feel poor Billy's already fragile mental health is gonna be put through the ringer dealing with these people. Lol
    Uber powerful characters tend to have fragile mental states in comic book fiction. So I suppose it's not surprising.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Uber powerful characters tend to have fragile mental states in comic book fiction. So I suppose it's not surprising.
    Especially true at Marvel, but in this case Billy may be genetically predisposed to it. Scarlet Witch's mental health struggles are well-documented. Reality warpers in general always seem to be a little askew in some way.

Strikeforce Advance Review. Not too spoilery
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

The J-man

"didn't need a man to get pregnant, certainly doesn't need you."
    Oh-kay... barely veiled misandry, check..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    "didn't need a man to get pregnant, certainly doesn't need you."
    Oh-kay... barely veiled misandry, check..
    Pretty on par for Jess really. She doesn't like pretty much anyone except for a select few.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

so she gave birth to Jesus or Wonder Woman?

or was it IVF? (guy'd still be involved)
    The J-man

IVF

Ten characters.

Can't wait to get my monthly dose of Monica.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

They need to rewrite the passages for the women. They come across as bitter, wronged, scorned and disenfranchised. Meanwhile, the men get to be badass and future embodiments of the omniverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

So I'm very on the fence on the art. Ill have to buy the first issue and see where it goes.

From the teaser pages released it still looks like no one has figured out what they want to do with Angelica's armor. Clearly the old bikini is a no-go, but I guess the outfit changes from her old comic are all still mia. Instead its like full body armor above an over sized belt, and no pants. Really odd. Commit to the bikini, or just use one of those awesome new ideas that we've seen.

Still ... the angel assassin is in there, so I'm in.

EDIT: ugh ... the closer I look, the more warning signs I see. For something that is supposed to be "no compromise, no mercy", we have a lot of quips in the bio. "still figuring out how to do laundry". "didn't need a man, certainly doesn't need you". Suddenly this feels like a comic that doesn't know what it wants to be. More I look at the preview pages, less I like the art, as well. Why does Monica look like Storm-lite? Why do the colors make everything looked traced and water colored?

Ugh ... I love Angela ... don't know if I can pull this.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 09-24-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    So I'm very on the fence on the art. Ill have to buy the first issue and see where it goes.

From the teaser pages released it still looks like no one has figured out what they want to do with Angelica's armor. Clearly the old bikini is a no-go, but I guess the outfit changes from her old comic are all still mia. Instead its like full body armor above an over sized belt, and no pants. Really odd. Commit to the bikini, or just use one of those awesome new ideas that we've seen.

Still ... the angel assassin is in there, so I'm in.
    I'm not feeling the preview art that I've seen, but we'll see.

And I totally get what you mean about Angela. I've been saying something similar about Monica. Either get her a new costume, or commit to her original costume. The trench coat thing blows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    They need to rewrite the passages for the women. They come across as bitter, wronged, scorned and disenfranchised. Meanwhile, the men get to be badass and future embodiments of the omniverse.
    I agree about the Spider-Woman one. I don't think the Angela one is bad. Sure, it references something bad done to her as a baby--but that's part of her origin story. It sets up the badass she is now.

As for Monica's, my main issue is the callback to the Nextwave period. It has been well established by now that the Nextwave version of Monica was a reality-warped, not in-character version of Monica. I really don't want that book's portrayal of Monica constantly bragging about how she used to lead the Avengers to get in ANY way an aspect of her portrayal here. I want Monica Rambeau, aka Spectrum -- not the Nextwave parody version of her.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Angela: Her ribbons will beat you up

Spectrum: Don’t give her shit about leading the Avengers

........did those summaries really offend you?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    LOL, those descriptions are great. It's pretty much what I expected from Tini ever since Billy being introduced as ''son of a witch'' on Death's Head. It's just her kind of humor and I don't mind.

Also, her description of the Demiurge is very interesting, because it sounds more like the OG Demiurge from the Marvel Universe and not the future Demiurge that Kieron Gillen established Billy would become. We knew the latter would become some kind of god of magic and create magic worlds, but become the sentient life force of the entire universe? That's new, and it sounds like a much more bigger deal than we were led to believe it was before. I wonder if it was just a mistake from Tini or if she plans on revealing some new things about Billy's destiny as the Demiurge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As for Monica's, my main issue is the callback to the Nextwave period. It has been well established by now that the Nextwave version of Monica was a reality-warped, not in-character version of Monica. I really don't want that book's portrayal of Monica constantly bragging about how she used to lead the Avengers to get in ANY way an aspect of her portrayal here. I want Monica Rambeau, aka Spectrum -- not the Nextwave parody version of her.
    To be fair, those are character descriptions by the writer, not the characters themselves. What she wrote there doesn't necessarily reflect how Monica's gonna act.