Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoyed the second issue quite a lot more than the first. With the exposition out of the way the character beats and story were much stronger. Peralta's art was fantastic, he draws an adorable Billy and Teddy (although Wiccan's eyes are supposed to be brown, I think).

spoilers:
    The scene with two Satanas confused me a little bit though. The one who kissed Angela was the real deal, right?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Today's issue was SOSOSO good you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I enjoyed the second issue quite a lot more than the first. With the exposition out of the way the character beats and story were much stronger. Peralta's art was fantastic, he draws an adorable Billy and Teddy (although Wiccan's eyes are supposed to be brown, I think).

spoilers:
    The scene with two Satanas confused me a little bit though. The one who kissed Angela was the real deal, right?
    end of spoilers
    Were Tony and the Avengers in this issue as well?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

great great issue all around. much stronger than the first for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Were Tony and the Avengers in this issue as well?
    No they were not

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    No they were not
    Thanks. It’s appreciated.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    To answer your spoiler question..you are correct. Bucky points out why. Also Bucky n Monica are MVPs this issue. N Jessica was just amazing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

The only flaw with this issue? Introducing a character with a name as awesome as "Chasmodeus" and only including him in one panel!

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The one with the bandaged hand was the real deal, and was indeed the kisser, IIRC.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yes. Peralta's art is sublime. I really appreciate Tini addressing Billy's capabilities too. From an outside perspective, this Wiz Kid is just wishing stuff into fruition but that takes energy and he's still JUST a mutant (I know I know, its not 100% confirmed my boy Billy is a mutant, BUT I refuse to believe otherwise until canon is canonized) and the more complex the request the more energy he's got to tap into and the more exhausted he becomes.

The overall dynamics among the heroes continues to entertain -- particularly Angela, Blade and Jess.

I tweeted Tini asking about Billy's & Teddy's HOME -- inquiring why they seem to have abandoned(?) their sick high rise loft they were gifted at the end of New Avengers by the Oh-so-Generous Roberto Dacosta.
    Does anyone following this title have any insight about that? Perhaps I'm prematurely making assumptions about the ONE panel of Teddy answering the front door.

Poor Sera. But I also love Satana and hope she becomes a regular.

Yeah, Satana was a delight.

STRIKEFORCE #5
    TINI HOWARD (W)
    JACOPO CAMAGNI (A)
    Cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
    GHOST IN THE MACHINE!
    Someone is tinkering with the boundaries between life and death — or human and machine. This team has dealt with undead before, but death is due an upgrade. And no one is prepared for this digital revolution!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Digging that cover. Could this have something to do with Ultron?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Digging that cover. Could this have something to do with Ultron?
    The Ghost?

the ghost.jpg
    Last edited by Winterboy; 10-24-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

DOH why didn't I think of that. I am dumb.
    Last edited by Seren; 10-24-2019 at 08:18 PM.