Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Reading the script helped me map things out a bit better. I think part of the confusion is that Tini did mess up a little bit with Blade's timeline. When he was wearing the old costume she had him wearing, she hadn't met Black Panther or Iron Man yet.

The kidnapping thing makes sense. Seems like the victim needs to know about the Vridai for them to take their form, which is why they have to kidnap people.

Monica met Blade in New Orleans when they teamed up with Dr. Voodoo, Black Panther, and Luke Cage, then they were on the New Avengers together. Blade's never been written with the others, except Hellstrom.
    Last edited by Tracks; 09-28-2019 at 12:13 PM.

pretty sure that was Al Ewing's Might Avengers (2013) not the New Avengers.

The J-man

The first issue was nice but the promo was clearly a bit misleading. This is more of a rag-tag gang, band of misfits book than the X-Force-esque vibe it was being hyped up as.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Mmmmm I dunno about this guy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    ANd Monica Rambeau need to stop to be considered a misfit, she was the leader of the Avengers, and one of most powerful heroes of Marvel.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    pretty sure that was Al Ewing's Might Avengers (2013) not the New Avengers.
    Yeah, Monica was in Al Ewing's other book, Ultimates, when his New Avengers was running.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Me neither. He lost me at "SJW". You use that term, and I'm out.

I feel like people expected all the answers in this issue and were mad they didn't get them. Isn't the point of series to have clues revealed as the story goes?

Also I feel like the guy in the video actually didn't want to like the comic and was mad that he did.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I think the only real complaint comes from too much being crammed into the first issue and some didn't enjoy the pacing/breakdown of events. I actually feel like the first issue gave us a lot of answers. You might need to reread the comic two or three times to clarify one or two points but otherwise, the answers are there. We don't know the specific details of how everyone was grabbed (where they were? what they were doing? how long? etc.) and we don't know precisely what was going on with Hellstrum, but other than that I think the big questions are answered.

I was trying to find more videos on the issue, maybe people will post them later. This is the only other one I found, it's short and doesn't go into much detail as the previous video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu4ExvJVLVs

I came across four others on youtube just reviewing all the comics of the week, but they were pretty long. There are probably some other video reviews out there but they didn't pop up when I searched Strikeforce #1.
    Last edited by Jabare; 09-29-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    The J-man

I wouldn’t mind if Hellstrom was actually a bait and switch situation with Satana actually being the one of the team.

I feel like we should have a thread with “Strikeforce” actually in the title.

Maybe one of the mods can change the name of this thread to Strikeforce: No Compromise,No Mercy??
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Me neither. He lost me at "SJW". You use that term, and I'm out.

Yeah. Does my love of Wiccan make me more sensitive to this particular criticism? Yeah, Probably.

That being said, I found the dialogue between Jess and Billy to be a charming exchange, further informing the reader who each of them are by citing their respective histories involving shifters.

Given the reviewer's derogatory use of SJW, I am lead to believe his interpretation of what Billy said is akin to witnessing someone becoming defensive about pronoun use or gender identity (you know, since he's insistent on a distinction between shapeshifters and ....whatever he referred to the creatures as).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Angela is actually the only one who's never been an Avenger. Spider-Woman was on Bendis and Hickman's Avengers teams, Wiccan was in Al Ewing's New Avengers and both versions of the Young Avengers, Bucky was Captain America in most of Bendis's Avengers run, and Monica used to be the leader of the Avengers when she was Captain Marvel in the 80s. Blade is on the current team.
    I get that. That's why I thought it was weird that Blade didn't want the current Avengers involved, but was willing to put these powerhouses in the line of fire. It was odd. I also noticed the old-school blade reference seeming like it was days before. The whole thing seemed off.

If I remember correctly, Monica also helped save Jessica's soul from Morgan Le Fey during Roger Stern's run.

I do hope the series decompresses a little more in future issues, but you can't accuse it of being a series that takes too long to get to it's premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I get that. That's why I thought it was weird that Blade didn't want the current Avengers involved, but was willing to put these powerhouses in the line of fire. It was odd. I also noticed the old-school blade reference seeming like it was days before. The whole thing seemed off.
    I think the premise is that since this group is already involved, keeping them involved can't make things worse.

The old school Blade didn't seem like it was recent to me.