Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Judging by the emoji choice, seems likely. Unless Jess or Monica have some news for us...
    Satana is in issue two. What if it's Her and Angela?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

STRIKEFORCE #3
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    DOOM’S OWN DEMIURGE!
    The changeling creatures known as Vridai have lodged their fey claws into one of the most powerful men on Earth — Doctor Doom! And when Wiccan falls under their spell as well, the changelings have all the ingredients for a world-ending the likes of which you’ve never seen.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, that pretty much rules out any thoughts I had of an ancient enemy like the Dire Wraiths being the main baddies. Was hoping for the Wraiths to somehow be linked ultimately to Knull or Oblivion.

Winter Soldier's emblem as a fiery pentagram is interesting. Damian or Satana figure he'd need some type of mystical shielding?

And the more that I look at that cover, maybe Spider Woman could use a different costume?

All in all, can't wait.

Mighty Member

So, if I had to guess, seems like a completely new group of enemies that will probably be retconned into Blade and Asgard's history is attempting to take over the realm and Blade pulled together a team to take them out. Seems like they have no problem possessing and taking over people which would explain why he wouldn't want the Avengers but it also seems like this team has plenty of powerful people for them to takeover as well.

Yeah but this team is probably better equiped to handle it
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Sorrentino is killing me with these variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Sorrentino is killing me with these variants.

Doom looks DOPE.
    Wiccan looks.....bearded? Its probably shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    So, if I had to guess, seems like a completely new group of enemies that will probably be retconned into Blade and Asgard's history is attempting to take over the realm and Blade pulled together a team to take them out. Seems like they have no problem possessing and taking over people which would explain why he wouldn't want the Avengers but it also seems like this team has plenty of powerful people for them to takeover as well.
    I think the MAIN reason he might not want to involve the Avengers (or other groups like say the FF) is probably because Blade feels they're going to need to end up killing a lot of people. And the Avengers generally shy away from that. It's the whole No Mercy No Compromise thing. Most of the people on this team are more willing to get their hands dirty than the average hero (though I wouldn't put Monica in that category).

Maybe the people possessed can't be fixed or whatever. Though presumably Doom and Wiccan at least will.

The more people that know ABOUT this entity Blade is after/fighting -- the more powerful that entity becomes. THAT'S why Blade is being cagey and why he's not involving many people.

edit:

Per Io9: Strikeforce #1—Blade forms a brand new team to operate in the shadows of the Marvel universe, in order to face a deadly threat that grows in power the more people are aware of it. (Tini Howard, Germán Peralta)

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

so much for secret strike team

compromised in issue #1 lol
    The J-man

I have a feeling that might be how it starts but we're going to see how it gets to that point throughout the rest of the series.

Well they all still have plausible deniability. And if worse comes to shove Wiccan could mindwipe them I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Well they all still have plausible deniability. And if worse comes to shove Wiccan could mindwipe them I'm sure.
    I was just going to edit my post to say that last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so much for secret strike team

compromised in issue #1 lol
    Since they're already a group, I'm wagering that this scene will actually be occuring towards the middle or end of the story. We'll get this scene, then it'll cut away to how they got together and got into this mess in the first place.