Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Blade, Spectrum, Wiccan, Angela, Hellstrom, Winter Soldier. I'm not terribly invested in Blade or Angela but putting Monica, Billy, Daimon & Bucky together in a book is more than enough to garner my interest. Very interested in seeing who else is on this new Ewing project.

As to who will complete the roster (possibly another expansive one) Elsa Bloodstone, Hercules, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie (Jane Foster), Harpy (Betty Ross), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) & Lightning are my hopes.

I wonder if this crew will be taking on either the Mephisto or Dracula threat established in the flagship Avengers book. Nonetheless, I'm very interested.

Mighty Member

I have a feeling Aaron will want to keep that for himself, also this team is drastically different than the two that were in "No Road Home" and "No Surrender"

This is almost all exclusively b-list..Monica is like the only "classic" Avenger.

bleeding cool is saying this will probably extend from War of the Realms, but I'm not sure any of these characters have factored heavily into that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I have a feeling Aaron will want to keep that for himself, also this team is drastically different than the two that were in "No Road Home" and "No Surrender"

This is almost all exclusively b-list..Monica is like the only "classic" Avenger.

bleeding cool is saying this will probably extend from War of the Realms, but I'm not sure any of these characters have factored heavily into that.
    Yeah there's that. A shame really, as I'm not really enjoying Aaron's Avengers as much as I would like to.

Angela is the only one from the bunch who's really had any role in WotR, but even that is minimal. Blade, Billy & Bucky joined the fight but are/were supporting characters at best unless if they do something big in the final issue or one of the tie-ins

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post

Oh! Yes! The font used for 'No Compromise No Mercy' is the same font used on 'Strikeforce' War of the Realms issues.

Maybe Avengers Strikeforce?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Oh! Yes! The font used for 'No Compromise No Mercy' is the same font used on 'Strikeforce' War of the Realms issues.

Wasn't the mystery 300 collaborators project teased with the WotR font? Just saving money most likely.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope we get Moon Knight added to this book.
    Wouldn't mind swapping out Bucky for Moon Knight, but whatever works.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

The more characters they reveal, the less interested in this I become. We’ll see what Tuesday holds in store.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post

Good eye, maybe something like that? To stamp out the last of the insurgents in different realms?

I'm in for Blade, Monica, and Billy.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is this the big event at the end of the year Marbel teased?

No, that'll be in December. This is a book that'll launch in September. The Pull List series previews upcoming issues - including stuff that's about to be solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Blade, Spectrum, Wiccan, Angela, Hellstrom, Winter Soldier. I'm not terribly invested in Blade or Angela but putting Monica, Billy, Daimon & Bucky together in a book is more than enough to garner my interest. Very interested in seeing who else is on this new Ewing project.

As to who will complete the roster (possibly another expansive one) Elsa Bloodstone, Hercules, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie (Jane Foster), Harpy (Betty Ross), Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) & Lightning are my hopes.

I wonder if this crew will be taking on either the Mephisto or Dracula threat established in the flagship Avengers book. Nonetheless, I'm very interested.
    Oh, goodness, add Elsa Bloodstone, Scarlet Witch and (Living) Lightning, and I'd just faint!

But I'm already super-thrilled by the inclusion of Spectrum, Wiccan, Hellstrom and Winter Soldier. (Less so by Blade and Angela, but it's not like I *dislike* them, so that's fine.)

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing some mutant representation, though. (I guess Wiccan counts?)

I wonder if the connective thread is 'people we want to raise the profile of because of possible synergy?' We know that Bucky is definitely appearing in a series with Sam, Monica has appeared (as a child) in the MCU, and Hellstrom and Blade seem possible, could Billy be around the corner?

Gah. The possibility of Angela making it to the MCU before Jean, Ororo, Sue or Jen just soured me on that idea a little...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Is this the big event at the end of the year Marbel teased?
    With these characters? No. Not a chance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wouldn't mind swapping out Bucky for Moon Knight, but whatever works.
    Aaron has plans for Moon Knight in Avengers.

Mighty Member

If this is expanding out of war off the realms, I wonder if we'll get venom...although maybe he's too high profile. I'm guessing we'll get a mutant or a hulk-adjacent character