Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I sort of wonder if launching 2 new teams at once is a bad idea. AoW might end up stealing Strike Forces thunder, or vice versa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I sort of wonder if launching 2 new teams at once is a bad idea. AoW might end up stealing Strike Forces thunder, or vice versa.
    I'm just going to leave this here, this is why "flooding the market" is bad for readers. I'm already turning down even checking out so many books in the next few months that this stuff is already lost in the noise.

I think Black Panther and closer ties to the main Avengers book makes AoW an easier sell then Strike Force even if it's also a roster of characters who probably couldn't hold a solo book.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Given a choice, I'd have Monica on a different team. But since she isn't, sure, let them churn out as many books as necessary as long as Monica appears in a title somewhere. I really wish they'd just give Monica her own title, even if it runs for no more than a year.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They've always given us choices. But they've rarely ever given us good choices.
    These two books each have their specific fan demographic so some "sales splitting" will happen.
    I'm buying both...and the proof will be if I continue beyond the first three issues.

I am intrigued at the very least.

I'm really not interested in Agents of Wakanda (honestly, it's Gorilla Man. I just do not like the intelligent primate character archetype. It's a thing for me).

The concept for this book isn't really fascinating to me, but, I like more of the characters on Strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Black Panther and closer ties to the main Avengers book makes AoW an easier sell then Strike Force even if it's also a roster of characters who probably couldn't hold a solo book.
    Yeah, AoW is doing a better job of following the standard playbook as far as launching a new unproven franchise. Stick an established A list character, and launch it out of an already established franchise. If it can maintain strong ties to Aarons Avengers book (and it should since they are used pretty heavily), I suspect it will at least last until Aarons Avenger run ends.

Strike Force conversely is starting off completely cold, in that there are no A list characters and no book lauching it. I wonder if they shouldn't at least have launched it out of some sort of event to give it more of a fighting chance. Maybe have it come out of War of Realms or something. Or maybe it will end up coming out of War of REalms and we just havent' seen that connection yet.

From everything I've seen, most people assume it's coming out of war of the Realms since a lot of the time ins have Strikeforce in their name?

Also, what do you all think of Tini Howard's Strikeforce playlist?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Also, what do you all think of Tini Howard's Strikeforce playlist?
    I haven't listened to it yet, but looking at it, its a lot of music I've never heard or heard of. I can pick up a vibe based on the song titles though. Matches the vibes of the cover.

this looks sick

does anyone know why Jessica went back to the classic costume
    The J-man

There hasn't really been any suggestion that there's a story reason for it. I think the writer and/or editor just missed it. Though if you want a story reason, her new costume was supposed to fit her career as a detective, and she isn't playing that role in this book.

Extraordinary Member

Based on solicits, is this actually Blade's team or is there more to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this looks sick

A LOT of the time I think characters eventually go back to classic costumes by default. Sometimes there's a reason, but a lot of the time it's simply what a lot of artists and writers grew up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this looks sick

Tini Howard stated on Twitter that she prefers the old costume and wanted to use it. Jess still has the jacket though.

And they had brought out the classic outfit for Secret Wars so we know she still had it around.

I'm so excited for this book.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast