Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    so she gave birth to Jesus or Wonder Woman?

or was it IVF? (guy'd still be involved)
    Yeah, like Seren said, it's IVF - via a sperm donor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, her description of the Demiurge is very interesting, because it sounds more like the OG Demiurge from the Marvel Universe and not the future Demiurge that Kieron Gillen established Billy would become. We knew the latter would become some kind of god of magic and create magic worlds, but become the sentient life force of the entire universe? That's new, and it sounds like a much more bigger deal than we were led to believe it was before. I wonder if it was just a mistake from Tini or if she plans on revealing some new things about Billy's destiny as the Demiurge.
    The Demiurge-formerly-known-as-Billy-Kaplan being called a 'Life Force of the Universe,' which sounds a heck of a lot like the same 'Life Force' that Wanda used to Decimate mutantkind, is a mind-bending possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    LOL, those descriptions are great. It's pretty much what I expected from Tini ever since Billy being introduced as ''son of a witch'' on Death's Head. It's just her kind of humor and I don't mind.

Also, her description of the Demiurge is very interesting, because it sounds more like the OG Demiurge from the Marvel Universe and not the future Demiurge that Kieron Gillen established Billy would become. We knew the latter would become some kind of god of magic and create magic worlds, but become the sentient life force of the entire universe? That's new, and it sounds like a much more bigger deal than we were led to believe it was before. I wonder if it was just a mistake from Tini or if she plans on revealing some new things about Billy's destiny as the Demiurge.
    I been saying for the longest that Billy's powers are literally on par with Franklin Richards. And this literally solidifies my point. Universal Reality manipulation. I get Frank's more known but how Billy didn't make that omega list still has me confused. *shrugs* whatever hopefully "Mr Lightforce of the universe" will get something great out this series!

Twas a fun issue and I have more questions than answers. Very much looking forward to the next one!
    Last edited by Seren; 09-25-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

My body is ready for he/she/they who posts all the nitty gritty of what happens in issue 1.

The grittier the nitty, the better.

Mighty Member

The pace for the book was a little too quick for me, Tini threw a lot in the first issue. I like Angela's character a lot though. This is my first time really reading her.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I been saying for the longest that Billy's powers are literally on par with Franklin Richards. And this literally solidifies my point. Universal Reality manipulation. I get Frank's more known but how Billy didn't make that omega list still has me confused. *shrugs* whatever hopefully "Mr Lightforce of the universe" will get something great out this series!
    Omegas can't be surpassed by anyone. So if Scarlet Witch or Doctor Strange can do stuff better, that's why he's not Omega. And they're missing from the list themselves due to not being mutants. Forge isn't Omega because of Iron Man, for example.

Also, is it possible that Wanda and Pietro not being mutants means that Wiccan and Speed aren't either?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    These. Are. Terrific.

Each description is perfectly/appropriately tailored for each character -- and fans who follow them will immediately pick up on that stuff.
    I particularly loved the inclusion of the skull dialogue, in place of cursing, as we'd seen during the hilarious Nextwave series. And Jess's makes sense from having read her recent solo -- which is highly underrated imho.
    "Dreamchild of the Scarlet Witch and the Vision" is a beautiful quantifier for Wiccan, and I loooooove the bit about Angel'a ribbons beating you up. I chuckled.

Fun issue.

Though I'm absolutely hating the fact that Hellstrom is going with the bald goatee look in this book. Ah well... nothing is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fun issue.

Though I'm absolutely hating the fact that Hellstrom is going with the bald goatee look in this book. Ah well... nothing is perfect.
    Oh right.
    Curious he wasn't included in the info graphic above. Must be narrative related?

I really liked this chapter.

well they certainly packed a lot into this issue
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh right.
    Curious he wasn't included in the info graphic above. Must be narrative related?
    Or maybe who made the graphic doesn't like the bald head and goatee look on Hellstrom either.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Peralta's art was great, as expected. The writing was good, but I can't say I'm terribly invested in the story. Although that probably has more to do with the fact that I only really like one cast member. The paper football scene was cute.

BANNED

Sort of eeh issue. Seems like the mini supernatural version of Secret Invasion.