Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Wiccan on a ruthless team? Interested.
    Monica's not really ruthless either.

Pretty random team roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I guess this is Marvel's answer to the Outsiders.
    It seems like the Avengers' answer to Justice League Task Force or X-Force, but that's the Savage Avengers...
    Probably Eli Bradley under a new name.
    I don't think that gets around the Bradley family rights issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Cebulski really does want it to be 1992 again, doesn't he.
    All white dudes over the age of 30 in comics do.

Wiccan on a ruthless team? Interested.
    Intresting. I like these mismatched teams. Other than Monica, can't say I'm really a fan of any of the others (I don't think I've ever even read a story with Angela, other than she's an angel/or the sister of Thor, I don't even know what she can do). Don't like ultraviolent, ruthless, dark characters. And while I loved the Young Avengers, the original series, can't say I've ever really warmed up to any of the characters. And Wiccan was one of my least favorites. However, if Al Ewing is really attached to this, I might check it out.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 06-07-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Well, MANTICORE would be hard to fit on covers.
    I typically love reading your posts, but I'm not sure about the relevance of the creature you mentioned.

We have Bucky who is tied to Cap, and Angela who is tied to Thor. James Rhodes could represent Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Is Rhodey really ruthless though?

I'm guessing that whoever the last person is will need to be someone who even the rest of the team would have qualms working with, an "Oh ****" moment to grab everyones attention along with the full announcement.

Rhodey doesn't fit the bill there.

He could be though I don't know. It just would be funny to hold off on him.
    Rhodey has killed before. He did so in his first War Machine solo series (1994). He staked up a high body count in his solo series from 2009.

IIRC, Ares once called Rhodey his "champion" during the 2009 solo series. If the Greek god of war is showing you love....

Mighty Member

Maybe the last member is Ghost Rider and this is a "Spirits of Vengeance" team ahead of the hulu launch of Ghost Rider and Hellstrom?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I typically love reading your posts, but I'm not sure about the relevance of the creature you mentioned.
    MANTICORE is the name of the battle vehicle that Rhodey is currently using, since he does not want to suit up in armour anymore at the moment.

Ultimate Member

What about Rage? He went to jail despite the real criminal being caught and when he first showed up her had some choice words about Avengers and black token members.

Or Black Goliath? He has some bones to pick with a few folks over his uncle.

Speedball?

Prodigy? X-Men sure left him in the dust. Think of all the stuff he still has memory of? Not to mention his classmate being killed off by bigots.

Is Immortal Hulk on any team, currently?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What about Rage? He went to jail despite the real criminal being caught and when he first showed up her had some choice words about Avengers and black token members.

Or Black Goliath? He has some bones to pick with a few folks over his uncle.

Speedball?

Prodigy? X-Men sure left him in the dust. Think of all the stuff he still has memory of? Not to mention his classmate being killed off by bigots.
    I think Rage’s still dead.

Fantastic Member

I am actually hoping it's Hulk or Juggernaut or Weapon H. I feel the way the team is they are really missing a powerful brick.

Is Immortal Hulk on any team, currently?

I think Rage’s still dead.
    Ewing implied early on that he won't be. He might show up in a mini, or be in the same area as the other Defenders, but no long term team ups

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is Angela the goddess of anything?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ewing implied early on that he won't be. He might show up in a mini, or be in the same area as the other Defenders, but no long term team ups
    That’s good, Ewing should be allowed to be the only one controlling Banner’s narrative. Maybe the last person is one of the Inhuman Royal Family, like Karnak or Medusa? This strikes me as a Cosmic Avengers type team and maybe one of the missions is going after remaining Voxes. Voxi?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is Angela the goddess of anything?
    No, she’s an angel.

Fantastic Member

Did he really ever imply that? I only know he said things like he wont do any events or tie-ins with him or at least has no plans for it any time soon, but i am not sure if he said there wont be any team books or that other writes wont decide to put him there.

I think as long as it's outside Hulks own main run, anything is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    I am actually hoping it's Hulk or Juggernaut or Weapon H. I feel the way the team is they are really missing a powerful brick.
    Skaar would fit the archetype, and fit the theme, but like Rhodey I don't think he'd be saved for the big reveal.

Fantastic Member

Skaar would fit the archetype, and fit the theme, but like Rhodey I don't think he'd be saved for the big reveal.
    Actually... now that you mention it. Whenever Al got asked on twitter if he will bring Skaar into Immortal Hulk he ALWAYS answered he is thinking about doing it UNLESS someone gets to him first, he seems to imply someone else might have plans for him.

Don't know if it means this book specifically.