Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Based on solicits, is this actually Blade's team or is there more to it?
    Blade appears to be running point or leading based on the fact that he encountered and/or defeated this threat before.

Will wait and see but going by the solicit this threat seems to be some ancient "that which must not be named" entity.

"A new threat is secretly taking over the planet -- and the more people who know about it, the more powerful the threat becomes. Blade dealt with this threat once before, and hoped to never have to again. He can’t bring the Avengers in on this -- not just for their own safety, but for the safety of everyone on Earth. So he must recruit a team of heroes accustomed to darkness -- a strikeforce. "

Freddy Kreuger? Cthulu? Shuma Gorath? Idk I'm guessing some new character or group or maybe an obscure one I've never heard of.

Blade knows Monica and Hellstrom, but has he ever encountered the other characters before? Very curious to see how this group comes together
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Blade looks right in his element. But I can now see why some would want to update Spider Woman's costume at least for this series. Angela also looks a little off. It's probably the heavy armor plate. She seemed much more lithe and lethal in some of the early depictions after Marvel first acquired her. I am curious to know what kind of creatures they'll be facing. Strikeforce sounds so militaristic, I was half expecting a phalanx of supernatural soldiers as adversaries.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Blade looks right in his element. But I can now see why some would want to update Spider Woman's costume at least for this series. Angela also looks a little off. It's probably the heavy armor plate. She seemed much more lithe and lethal in some of the early depictions after Marvel first acquired her. I am curious to know what kind of creatures they'll be facing. Strikeforce sounds so militaristic, I was half expecting a phalanx of supernatural soldiers as adversaries.
    hopefully that is the case so Blade and Angela can bump off baddies without being looked at as murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully that is the case so Blade and Angela can bump off baddies without being looked at as murderers.
    I don't think whatever they end up doing will be THAT morally compromising, as people like Monica and Wiccan aren't exactly Punisher type characters. So despite the advertising, it'll likely be justifiable enough to get them on board.

Maybe C'Thon or something similar is coming back? I'm not sure Blade has taken him on but Jess has.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Maybe C'Thon or something similar is coming back? I'm not sure Blade has taken him on but Jess has.
    Blade has dealt with the book of the Darkhold a bunch of times, so that at least indirectly deals with Cthon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Blade has dealt with the book of the Darkhold a bunch of times, so that at least indirectly deals with Cthon.
    To be fair Darkhodl was tossed around for a lot of mystical themed stories without Chthon himself giving a damn, the same goes for the Serpent Crown.
    Also if they are going to deal with an Elder God, make him actually menacing this time.
    In Carnage he got blasted by symbiotes? And in Secret Empire he became Hydra's errand boy, seriouly, why the **** did he even work for them?

Jessica certainly encountered Chthon, I hope they make nods to Darkhold/Chthon's involvement in creating Vampires, also how Billy is indirectly connected to him through Wanda. (I always feel like Byrne just pulled Mephisto out of his ass to murder Wiliam and Thomas Maximoff, seriously, if they had to pick a demonic creator who want his soul shard back, it should be Chthon than Mephisto.)

Kinda wish they use Montesi family especially Victoria again.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    To be fair Darkhodl was tossed around for a lot of mystical themed stories without Chthon himself giving a damn, the same goes for the Serpent Crown.
    Also if they are going to deal with an Elder God, make him actually menacing this time.
    In Carnage he got blasted by symbiotes? And in Secret Empire he became Hydra's errand boy, seriouly, why the **** did he even work for them?.
    Because of a deal made with Madame Hydra. I don't remember any errands being carried out though. It wasn't the only demonic entity running around. Look at what was happening under the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think Angela looks fine.

a little bit bulkier but still fine.

I don't think whatever they end up doing will be THAT morally compromising, as people like Monica and Wiccan aren't exactly Punisher type characters. So despite the advertising, it'll likely be justifiable enough to get them on board.
    Monica is losing her humanity and has already killed before. Wiccan has the demiurge stuff hanging over his head.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Jessica certainly encountered Chthon, I hope they make nods to Darkhold/Chthon's involvement in creating Vampires, also how Billy is indirectly connected to him through Wanda. (I always feel like Byrne just pulled Mephisto out of his ass to murder Wiliam and Thomas Maximoff, seriously, if they had to pick a demonic creator who want his soul shard back, it should be Chthon than Mephisto.)
    I think there is a way for Chthon to still be involved with this story. Mephisto is a powerful reality warper, so they could always say that his powers are Chaos Magic based, which could create a connection between Chthon, him and, therefore, Billy/Wanda. It'd be pretty interesting to find out that Chthon was pulling the strings behind not only the origin of Wanda's magical power, but also the power of her children.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Monica is losing her humanity and has already killed before. Wiccan has the demiurge stuff hanging over his head.
    You need to re-read the last issue of No Road Home.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In Carnage he got blasted by symbiotes? And in Secret Empire he became Hydra's errand boy, seriouly, why the **** did he even work for them?

Kinda wish they use Montesi family especially Victoria again.
    It is pretty funny that HydaCap was able to talk Cthon into being an Avenger. I guess no one can resist Steve's call to Assemble ... even Elder Gods.

It is pretty funny that HydaCap was able to talk Cthon into being an Avenger. I guess no one can resist Steve's call to Assemble ... even Elder Gods.
    Chthon wanted Wanda. Hydra gave it Wanda.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Monica is losing her humanity and has already killed before.
    On the contrary, Monica has forsaken her godlike immortality and has been depowered as to be human again by her choice, or so Ewing wants us to believe. Depending on when this series takes place, Monica will be human and subject to all of the pitfalls that comes with that, including demonic possession, being bitten by vampires or werewolves or some other supernatural creature and turned, etc. You see, when you're Monica and potentially one of the most powerful cosmic characters around, well, this is Marvel and that doesn't last for very long. Especially if you look like Monica. Instead of joining Guardians of the Galaxy, where your top level powers thrive, or getting your own Captain Marvel-like launch, you wind up on a Penny Dreadful team, hunting witches, specters, spooks and such.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 06-22-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin