Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Did he really ever imply that? I only know he said things like he wont do any events or tie-ins with him or at least has no plans for it any time soon, but i am not sure if he said there wont be any team books or that other writes wont decide to put him there.

I think as long as it's outside Hulks own main run, anything is fair game.
    That's how I interpreted it. Basically he said you'd get the whole story with just the Solo.

Besides, he's doing the fugitive thing. It be a bit hard for him toake team meetings.

admittedly, Hulk is the kind of character that would make sense for the big reveal .

I'm guessing whoever it is either needs to be a big name, coming back from the dead/oblivion, really off the wall, or some combination of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by Subzero89 View Post
    Actually... now that you mention it. Whenever Al got asked on twitter if he will bring Skaar into Immortal Hulk he ALWAYS answered he is thinking about doing it UNLESS someone gets to him first, he seems to imply someone else might have plans for him.

Don't know if it means this book specifically.
    I noticed that too, but I'd figured he'd be rolled into Savage so he can get Conan a milkshake and a bigger sword.

Someone like the new Sentry would be pretty huge.

Watch them be titled, like, Force Works or something. I've been waiting for Marvel to repurpose that name for an Avengers equivalent to X-Force. Tthe stabby, murdery, Wolverine and friends version, I mean.

Anyways... it's gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to buy Wiccan being "ruthless". Unless something happens to Teddy, but please, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Ewing implied early on that he won't be. He might show up in a mini, or be in the same area as the other Defenders, but no long term team ups
    Implied? I remember him being pretty concrete about it. Or, at least, concrete in that it would be something he'd vote against, which I suppose doesn't preclude the possibility of editorial overruling that.

Really liking this new lineup and can't wait to find out who the final member is going to be.

Fantastic Member

That's how I interpreted it. Basically he said you'd get the whole story with just the Solo.

Besides, he's doing the fugitive thing. It be a bit hard for him toake team meetings.

admittedly, Hulk is the kind of character that would make sense for the big reveal .

I'm guessing whoever it is either needs to be a big name, coming back from the dead/oblivion, really off the wall, or some combination of the three.
    I mean i get that but Hulk has appeared in a number of different books outside his title i think he said that when it comes to the Immortal Hulk story no reader will need to pick up another book to understand what's going on.

But in team books like these the focus wont really be Hulk and his story, he will be there just to add power to the team and maybe gets some cool Hulk moments.

I guess we will see, my money is still on some kind of brick character, it feels like it's the only thing missing from the team, either that or some big named character since no one on the team has a solo going on at the moment unless i am wrong and they aren't exactly mainstream so a big star name like Spiderman would make sense in terms of numbers, although not much in terms of fitting the theme of "ruthless".
    Last edited by Subzero89; 06-07-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Watch them be titled, like, Force Works or something. I've been waiting for Marvel to repurpose that name for an Avengers equivalent to X-Force. Tthe stabby, murdery, Wolverine and friends version, I mean.

Anyways... it's gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to buy Wiccan being "ruthless". Unless something happens to Teddy, but please, no.

Implied? I remember him being pretty concrete about it. Or, at least, concrete in that it would be something he'd vote against, which I suppose doesn't preclude the possibility of editorial overruling that.
    Actually, I wouldn't mind if they named this Force Works. I liked the original run. Once I would have considered that unlikely, considering there is no visible connection whatsoever with the original team. However, after seeing what Marvel did to the Agents of Atlas, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Peace

Could be anything at this time Force Works, Renegades, Revengers, Defenders ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't mind if they named this Force Works. I liked the original run. Once I would have considered that unlikely, considering there is no visible connection whatsoever with the original team. However, after seeing what Marvel did to the Agents of Atlas, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Peace
    I mean, ever since they turned the "Thunderbolts" title its a generic hitsquad with the Red Hulk, I haven't assumed book titles need to have anything to do with the original teams...

I'm still bitter about that one though.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not a bad choice. But something tells me he would have been one of the first revealed.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

BANNED

I noticed that too, but I'd figured he'd be rolled into Savage so he can get Conan a milkshake and a bigger sword.
    lol. that's hilarious.

Comic Geek in General

I wonder who the last member would be.......Madelyn Pryor (it would see her outside the X Orbit, no longer in the shadow of her ex or the original article), Kaine Parker Scarlet Spider, Sentry, Solo, Taskmaster, Black Ant, etc.......

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I wonder who the last member would be.......Madelyn Pryor (it would see her outside the X Orbit, no longer in the shadow of her ex or the original article), Kaine Parker Scarlet Spider, Sentry, Solo, Taskmaster, Black Ant, etc.......
    If they do that, then I'll know for sure that they've read every post that I've ever made on the subject...and finally answered my prayers! (So I doubt it will happen.) But what about Rachel, if not Madelyne as the last member? Something tells me the last spot is going to be a woman.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I really hope the whole ''most ruthless team'' is just an exaggeration from Marvel, 'cause I really don't see the need for another Savage Avengers kind of book. And I certainly don't want someone like Wiccan being turned into a Savage Avenger kind of character. Anyway, I am glad that I will get to read a book with Billy, Angela, Monica and Daimon together. Hopefully it's well written. I am specially looking forward to Billy interacting with Daimon and if the magic/demonic combination might lead to the potential Billy/Mephisto connection finally being explored.

As for the last member, I really hope it's someone who could use a new book and it's not already being overused and overexposed. So no to the likes of Wolverine, Venom, Punisher or Deadpool, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I was just thinking about that. It felt like the character was finally making a comeback last year, and then nothing... This could be a good way to use him again and explore more of his new status quo.

OR OR OR OR OR... wasn't there talks of Gaiman's Miracleman resuming this year? What if the last member is Miracleman and Gaiman is involved in this? It could also explain why Angela is front and center. That could be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-07-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    As for the last member, I really hope it's someone who could use a new book and it's not already being overused and overexposed. So no to the likes of Wolverine, Venom, Punisher or Deadpool, please.
    I have a feeling that whoever it is, it's going to be a big deal character. Marvel wouldn't hype up the final member if the final member was, like, Anole from the New X-Men or something. Nothing against Anole, he's just not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OR OR OR OR OR... wasn't there talks of Gaiman's Miracleman resuming this year? What if the last member is Miracleman and Gaiman is involved in this? It could also explain why Angela is front and center. That could be pretty awesome.
    You know, I really hope not. I don't think there's any place for Miracleman in the Marvel Universe. The stories told in the Alan Moore / Gaiman stories are completely incompatible with any MU status quo, and if you take away those stories, there's not anything much left.

Also seems like a longshot, even ignoring Gaiman's scheduling difficulties, since this seems this seems very... editorially drive, shall we say. And that's not usually Gaiman's style.