Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well.......I mean I guess Spider-Woman isn’t a bad choice.
    There are better ones.

I guess she has a history with Morgan Le Fay and Hecate

So, a 90's Marvel book done in 2019's style? As 90's titles go, I'd really prefer the Midnight Sons over the generic Strikeforce. I might give it a look, but I'm really not feeling it.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    There are better ones.

I guess she has a history with Morgan Le Fay and Hecate
    or Werewolf by Night.
    werewolf.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

Hopefully Wiccan is on the team of darkity-dark grimdarks so that he can be the one to plaintively note, 'Is there a plan that *doesn't* involve killing everyone, or am I in the wrong room for that?' or, 'As a Jewish person, I'm uncomfortable with the more genocide-y parts of the 'kill 'em all' plan...'

Sort of be the (attempted) voice of reason to this group. (Although I could see Spider-Woman and Monica Rambeau and even Winter Soldier pumping the brakes on it getting too gore-tacular. No idea about Angela, and Daimon and Blade may be quite enamored of the idea of cutting loose...)

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not that I know what half of these characters have been up to, but what has Spider-Woman been doing since that Private Eye thing (or whatever it was)?
    She's been the Investigative half to Ben Urichs reporter.

I'm super excited to have Tini write her but I'm sad to see the old costume go.

Also, this is write up Jessica's Ally.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    She's been the Investigative half to Ben Urichs reporter.

I'm super excited to have Tini write her but I'm sad to see the old costume go.

Also, this is write up Jessica's Ally.
    So is her suit, if ya know what I mean.

So is this a supernatural focused team?

I get Blade & Hellstrom working together .... and I guess I get Wiccan if he can do magic although I’m more use to X-men being focused in their own stories.

I’m never going to get use to Angela being a Marvel character it’s just weird in every level.

Spider-Woman gets her old costume back. I can see her working with Bucky but not the Supernatural heroes unless this was a one time event or end of the world scenario
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that a new costume? Looks more like Jessica's classic duds, but the spider emblem looks different.
    The emblem has less of an hour glass shape. But while less emphasis is given to the Dark Angel's curves, it does nothing to detract from the list of the things that you notice first about her costume. I've always liked her original costume, but I understand how some might feel it's outdated. That said, I've seen her new costume as well. Not a fan.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

If Blade is prominent in this, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So is this a supernatural focused team?

I get Blade & Hellstrom working together .... and I guess I get Wiccan if he can do magic although I’m more use to X-men being focused in their own stories.

I’m never going to get use to Angela being a Marvel character it’s just weird in every level.

Spider-Woman gets her old costume back. I can see her working with Bucky but not the Supernatural heroes unless this was a one time event or end of the world scenario
    Jessica's origin links her to the High Evolutionary, Wundagore Mountain (Chthon's one-time prison), Morgan Le Fey, Magnus the Sorcerer, Modred the Mystic and the Darkhold. It doesn't get more science+supernatural fantasy than that. Plus, she's one hell of a detective. Can't have a strike force team roll out half-cocked. Someone needs to know how to run down shady blokes who don't want to be found, or their dark deeds brought to light.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well.......I mean I guess Spider-Woman isn’t a bad choice.
    Spider-Woman makes this a go for me. The only members that don't move the meter for me are Bucky, Hellstrom and Wiccan, but willing to give them a chance to win me over.

~James Baldwin

I'm personally not really interested in Blade or Hellstrom.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...I'm definitely biting.
    With the exception of Blade, Monica and Jessica...I'm not overly familiar with these characters so...this will be an ideal opportunity to sink my teeth into something new and tasty, and hope it satiates without leaving me bilious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

did you read any of her adventures in Los Angeles? i'd say that half of her rogues gallery fall into the supernatural villain category. the series ended with a magic battle. she grew up around Wundagore Mountain.

I'm on board for any book that includes Monica & Blade.