Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

I'm curious to see whether or not being this cryptic helps or hurts sales. I literally have no clue what this book is about at this point and they've given us nothing since it was first announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I'm curious to see whether or not being this cryptic helps or hurts sales. I literally have no clue what this book is about at this point and they've given us nothing since it was first announced.
    You kidding? lol

Blade forms a team to combat a threat whose power is directly linked to public awareness (aka: the more people that know about this evil, the stronger it becomes) hence the need to keep the majority of the hero populace in the dark.

I imagine that some of the heroes involved in this team may actually be accidental, but we'll see. It could be entirely based on circumstance.

Anywho.... Secret team to combat a secret threat that must remain secret so it doesn't become impossible to defeat.

Also there may be a threat of possession, considering the Doom situation.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-23-2019 at 10:52 AM.

I believe Tracks is referring to the interview from Newsarama which is extremely vague. He enjoys drawing the characters, Tunis a good writer, the book will be fun. Literally all we got from that interview.

Even the description is kinda vague which is fine for me I prefer not to have everything spoiled. This book is selling itself based on the roster and presumed supernatural subject matter. They’ve given you a little nugget on threat which could ultimately be 1 of 20 different things. We all have theories and I believe some of us are on the same page.

Will find out come Wednesday
    The J-man

I just don't want this series to go the way of Future Foundation. I've had so many people on Twitter go "Wait, this is a thing? This team is awesome!" because they had no clue the series was coming out.

That said, I am super excited and I need to nail down that variant cover at NYCC.
    Last edited by Seren; 09-23-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I believe Tracks is referring to the interview from Newsarama which is extremely vague. He enjoys drawing the characters, Tunis a good writer, the book will be fun. Literally all we got from that interview.

Even the description is kinda vague which is fine for me I prefer not to have everything spoiled. This book is selling itself based on the roster and presumed supernatural subject matter. They’ve given you a little nugget on threat which could ultimately be 1 of 20 different things. We all have theories and I believe some of us are on the same page.

Will find out come Wednesday
    Exactly. Most of the interviews have been like this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    You kidding? lol

Blade forms a team to combat a threat whose power is directly linked to public awareness (aka: the more people that know about this evil, the stronger it becomes) hence the need to keep the majority of the hero populace in the dark.

I imagine that some of the heroes involved in this team may actually be accidental, but we'll see. It could be entirely based on circumstance.

Anywho.... Secret team to combat a secret threat that must remain secret so it doesn't become impossible to defeat.

Also there may be a threat of possession, considering the Doom situation.
    Where did you read the piece on public awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Where did you read the piece on public awareness?
    I think Tini Howard has stated it on her Twitter account, it wasn't necessarily an interview. Actually, the German Peralta interview is the first one I've seen for the series. I haven't seen any others.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I think Tini Howard has stated it on her Twitter account, it wasn't necessarily an interview. Actually, the German Peralta interview is the first one I've seen for the series. I haven't seen any others.
    Wasn't it more vague than that? I thought it was just the more people know, the more dangerous the threat is. That could imply direct increase in power, it could also be something more insidious, (like thor learning the secret that made him unworthy).

At this point they could go in a lot of different directoins we really have no idea

-knowing about this being or beings gives him/them power
    -knowing it allows the antagonist to effect people. mimic them? control them? corrupt them?
    -knowing about it makes it real/allows it to effect our world. the more know the stronger it is?

Considering all the ridiculously powerful things int eh MArvel Universe this antagonist must have some really creative twist for all this vagueness and secrecy.

This kind of reminds me of the Speak of the Devil/He who must not be named trope
    The J-man

Well we get a name in the Solicitation for #3 - spoilers:
    Vridai.
    end of spoilers If they serve a greater master remains to be seen?

spoilers:
    STRIKEFORCE #3
    TINI HOWARD (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)
    Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    VARIANT COVER BY DECLAN SHALVEY
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO
    DOOM’S OWN DEMIURGE!
    The changeling creatures known as Vridai have lodged their fey claws into one of the most powerful men on Earth — Doctor Doom! And when Wiccan falls under their spell as well, the changelings have all the ingredients for a world-ending the likes of which you’ve never seen.
    end of spoilers

Also more artwork for the series can be seen in the Marvel Minute

Last edited by Seren; 09-23-2019 at 06:27 PM.

I can tell I'm gonna love this cast!! Lol Hail Fae! So many eccentric personalities their gonna end up killing eachother more likely. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I can tell I'm gonna love this cast!! Lol Hail Fae! So many eccentric personalities their gonna end up killing eachother more likely. Lol
    Right? That was my thought too! Monica and Jess will be like "We don't have time for this ****." It's gonna be so great.

Ooooooh I love a sweeping cloak and cakes shot! Nice one, Peralta! I'm really hoping we get to dive right into the chaos post haste. As much as I enjoy recruitment stories, I'd prefer it be peppered in via flashback or something rather than a sloooooooooooooooow burn of Blade's gradual collection. There are so many characters I'm excited about I want issue one to give us all our favorites right out the gate. I'm so eager to see how they interact.

I still can't help but feel poor Billy's already fragile mental health is gonna be put through the ringer dealing with these people. Lol