Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

It did take me a while to understand what happened in the first scene. Like it was the shapeshifters impersonating Strikeforce that stole the compound and stole the vials, but somehow they got away and the real time gets captured?

Also Blade didn't bring the Avengers in because knowing about the shape shifters somehow drives people crazy?

Was a pretty awesome first issue!

I hope this remains an ongoing horror book!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Oh right.
    Curious he wasn't included in the info graphic above. Must be narrative related?
    He is on the infographic. Looks like it was cropped because it contained a spoiler. It said...spoilers:
    Daimon Hellstrom. Son of Satan. RIP.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm 100% here for this story. Anything involving the Fae will have me hooked because the Fae can be terrifying and Incredibly Awesome. I like how Tini writes all the characters too - I think she has a good handle on them. There was a lot of information in this issue - it was like a crazy roller coaster ride and I am Definitely looking forward to the next issue.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I like the roster. The premiss seems cool, especially the antagonists. I was worried they were kind of a skrull rip for a second but its clear they are mroe than that.

Art was solid.

I did have a minor issue with the pacing of the story and the flow of events. The begining was fine, but I need to re-read this issue again to understand She-Hulk's reaction. The middle felt a little rushed. I would of preferred that was more decompressed or some content was cropped. The group is in custody, Blade goes in gives them a non-explination and ports them somewhere else. There was just a lot going on and the story didn't flow as smoothly as I would have preferred. After that section everything is fine for the most part.

We get some action. The dailogue is solid outside of Blade's explination of how these creatures can effect ones mind. It was sufficient enough that you get it but it could have been clearer. Action scenes were good.

The next issue will shed more light on the ending.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I like the roster. The premiss seems cool, especially the antagonists. I was worried they were kind of a skrull rip for a second but its clear they are mroe than that.

Art was solid.

I did have a minor issue with the pacing of the story and the flow of events. The begining was fine, but I need to re-read this issue again to understand She-Hulk's reaction. The middle felt a little rushed. I would of preferred that was more decompressed or some content was cropped. The group is in custody, Blade goes in gives them a non-explination and ports them somewhere else. There was just a lot going on and the story didn't flow as smoothly as I would have preferred. After that section everything is fine for the most part.

We get some action. The dailogue is solid outside of Blade's explination of how these creatures can effect ones mind. It was sufficient enough that you get it but it could have been clearer. Action scenes were good.

The next issue will shed more light on the ending.
    I still don't really understand that piece. Like they have two powers I guess? Creating some type of PTSD reaction and changing into anyone they have in their custody. So I get the reason why this is a challenge for Blade. He has to second guess his tendency to stab first and question later as he just stabbed someone he considers an ally (they seemed to get along well in Spirits of Vengeance and Avengers).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    To be fair, those are character descriptions by the writer, not the characters themselves. What she wrote there doesn't necessarily reflect how Monica's gonna act.
    I know...however, the fact that she is using it as the descriptions for the characters in her book does suggest that it is how she is going to write them. After all, that is the nutshell description she is using to present them to new readers.

But having read the issue I am very happy to see that she is writing Monica as her regular self and not Nextwave parody woman. Based on past things of Tini Howard's that I've read I had expected that Monica would be in good hands...but that Nextwave callback got me nervous. lol

I really enjoyed the first issue a lot and I'm looking forward to the next issue!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fun issue.

Though I'm absolutely hating the fact that Hellstrom is going with the bald goatee look in this book. Ah well... nothing is perfect.
    Agreed. I hoped that look would be confined to the current AVENGERS arc. Ah well.

Daimon makes an appearance with his better look over in FEARLESS #3 this week.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I liked the first issue. I was a little suprised at how much was revealed there. I was expecting a slow, mysterious build up to the big threat, and I gotta say, seeing them like that in the first issue didn't exactly feel as big and as bad as I thought they would be, buuut it's only the first issue, so there's time for that to be developed. Overall, I think it was a solid debut. I enjoy the art and I think the team works well under Tini's pen.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Fun issue.

Though I'm absolutely hating the fact that Hellstrom is going with the bald goatee look in this book. Ah well... nothing is perfect.
    It really is a bad look. spoilers:
    So bad Tini had to kill him, LOL. Hopefully he'll come back with a better look. I mean, I'm assuming he'll come back, since he's being promoted as a part of the team and all, and I don't think they would be doing that if he got legitimately killed right in the first issue. I think either that wasn't the real Daimon or he's being ressurrected.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    It did take me a while to understand what happened in the first scene. Like it was the shapeshifters impersonating Strikeforce that stole the compound and stole the vials, but somehow they got away and the real time gets captured?

Also Blade didn't bring the Avengers in because knowing about the shape shifters somehow drives people crazy?
    From my understanding, yes to both questions.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-26-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

I was kind of expecting Bucky to point out that it wouldn't be the first time he's used reality warping to get pizza, since I'm pretty sure that happened during Zub's last Thunderbolts run, where Bucky was friends with a sentient cosmic cube-child...

If that's the case that's awesome.

I think Bucky might be MVP. Fae are traditionally very sensitive to iron/ lead. Bucky's bullets will hurt them more than anything else can.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm 100% here for this story. Anything involving the Fae will have me hooked because the Fae can be terrifying and Incredibly Awesome. I like how Tini writes all the characters too - I think she has a good handle on them. There was a lot of information in this issue - it was like a crazy roller coaster ride and I am Definitely looking forward to the next issue.
    Right?
    Once we hit that stride of the narrative my mind immediately leaped to: OMG THIS IS TOTALLY A D&D ADVENTURING PARTY!!!
    And Tini is a known D&D fan, so that math adds up.

Bucky is the Ranger
    Blade is the Fighter
    Angela is the Paladin
    Billy is the Sorcerer
    Monica is the Druid
    Jess is the Rogue

Even the Exotic Temple and subsequent "Dungeon Crawl" and wave of swarming monsters is SO on brand. I'm REALLY excited about this book.

That must make Daimon the Warlock then.

I really can't wait for issue 2.

I wasn't a big fan of the first issue, it felt convoluted to me. Hopefully it gets better

Did anyone opt for the digital Director's Cut?

If so, would they be willing to share the bonus content? I saw a few bits over on Bleedingcool but... I'd love to see the rest if there is more.