Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Did anyone opt for the digital Director's Cut?

If so, would they be willing to share the bonus content? I saw a few bits over on Bleedingcool but... I'd love to see the rest if there is more.
    Director's Cut has the variant covers at the end, the entire script for issue 1, the layouts and the inks for the pages and finally all the character designs for Birgit, Bucky and Count Ophidian. Also the designs for the vridai

Reading Tini script is pretty interesting though. Her notes are pretty funny.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by seren View Post
    reading tini script is pretty interesting though. Her notes are pretty funny.
    jealous!!!

There are some things she's noted on the script that we didn't know as readers... nothing to spoilery for what's to come but if you pay attention, you can see.

ETA a page

Screenshot_20190926-142731.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 09-26-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Amateurs.

amateurs.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Mighty Member

this issue has some problems (the pacing is weird, and some characters and situations are under-developed) But, for the most part I liked this issue and I like Tini Howard. We need more women who can write badass and action-oriented comics, like Donny Cates of Bryan Edward Hill. She needs to work her characters development, but she can be a top-tier writer.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    this issue has some problems (the pacing is weird, and some characters and situations are under-developed) But, for the most part I liked this issue and I like Tini Howard. We need more women who can write badass and action-oriented comics, like Donny Cates of Bryan Edward Hill. She needs to work her characters development, but she can be a top-tier writer.
    Marvel made her exclusive for a reason. She'll do just fine.

Also, apparently the opening of the book is a reference to Stephen Kings The Stand.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Marvel made her exclusive for a reason. She'll do just fine.

Also, apparently the opening of the book is a reference to Stephen Kings The Stand.
    Yeah she will do fine, her plot and action scenes are really good, but she really needs to work on her story-structure and character development.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

As much as it pains me I have to say that I didn't really like this first issue. I'm always happy to see my girl Monica and Peralta's art was good but the flow and structure of the book was just not to my liking. It really was all over the place. Gonna stick it out for now cause I need my Spectrum fix but there is definite room for improvement.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm still unsure about the book. The art was really stiff feeling. I also felt like Howard doesn't really get these characters history. Blade says something about how bad it would be if the Avengers were duplicated, but half this team has been key Avengers in the past. Also, I hate Damon's new look.

wait the Blade flashback wasn't 50+ years ago? There is no way that flashback was a couple of days ago.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

wait the Blade flashback wasn't 50+ years ago? There is no way that flashback was a couple of days ago.
    That was also really confusing. Howard's notes say the encounter was "some time ago", and that classic outfit is from when he first came out, so it seems like this is decades ago. But then it says he brings the spores he recovers from the encounter to the Avengers, which is a fairly recent development for Blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    That was also really confusing. Howard's notes say the encounter was "some time ago", and that classic outfit is from when he first came out, so it seems like this is decades ago. But then it says he brings the spores he recovers from the encounter to the Avengers, which is a fairly recent development for Blade.
    Yeah I just assumed he saved them from years ago and just ironically brought them to the Avengers then when all this started happening. That is the only thing that makes sense to me, because that flashback outfit is old
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Dumdumdumdumdum View Post
    I'm still unsure about the book. The art was really stiff feeling. I also felt like Howard doesn't really get these characters history. Blade says something about how bad it would be if the Avengers were duplicated, but half this team has been key Avengers in the past. Also, I hate Damon's new look.
    Angela is actually the only one who's never been an Avenger. Spider-Woman was on Bendis and Hickman's Avengers teams, Wiccan was in Al Ewing's New Avengers and both versions of the Young Avengers, Bucky was Captain America in most of Bendis's Avengers run, and Monica used to be the leader of the Avengers when she was Captain Marvel in the 80s. Blade is on the current team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Have we figured out how any of these characters are connected to each other? Jess knows Bucky because they were both Avengers at the same time. Jess knows Monica bc they're both friends with Carol. Daimon apparently likes to hit on Jess, and I'd say Jess may know OF Angela bc of Carol? Not sure if Jess knows Billy or Blade

Bucky knows Billy bc apparently the Young Avengers asked for his help a lot?

Monica knows Blade but I'm not sure how.

And that's all I got